Triple X Wrestling: THE THREAD! Next show Jan 25th

Quentin

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thanks to all for attending Sunday! We were blown away by the show Sunday and hope you guys were too and as ever we'd love to hear your thoughts as our reviews from fans are always are greatest advertisement.

In brief results (I'll leave those that attending to fill in the details):

Dave Mercy bt Benton Destruction of The Henchmen by countout

Scott Grimm bt Local Jobber #2.

Following this an impromptu match took place...

Tyler Bate bt Scott Grimm

Morgan Webster bt "Indy Guy" Keiran Young

Pete Dunne bt Damian Dunne, Jim Hunter and Lee Hunter to become number one contender

Eddie Dennis © bt Chris Brookes

Chase Alexander bt Jim Diehard of The Henchmen

Low Ki bt Zack Sabre Jr.

As some of you may have suspected, Benton Destruction suffered a dislocated shoulder in his match. We wish Benton a speedy recovery

• Paid Members

Low Ki vs Zack was tremendous.

Chris Brookes did a cool spot where he hung from the ceiling. It's already on YouTube. You'll probably find it easiest by searching "spider cunt"!

This was my second show and I very much enjoyed it again. One of the things I think adds a lot to the show is the excellent production values and entrance themes/videos. I also really like how pretty much everyone has a gimmick and that they're well thought out and well carried out.

The injury in the opener was really unfortunate but it was a great touch by the crowd with the ovation given to him. I enjoyed the Dave Mercy and Chase Alexander gimmicks and think Pete Dunne, Morgan Webster and Tyler Bate all have great potential and futures.

I also absolutely love Jobber No. 2 and he got one of the biggest reactions of the night. If he ever gets a win the roof is going to come off that place!

Everyone on the card was excellent in my opinion except for two people, I don't want to upset or slate anyone here but I thought Scott Grimm and Rob Hall were both pretty awful. My real issue with Grimm is that he just looks awful, his in ring work was ok enough but he just looks absolutely terrible.

Rob Hall on the other hand for me looked like a fish out of water. He had zero charisma, he stumbled around during his involvement looking awkward as hell, then seconds after being laid out with a scooter helmet he just got straight up and walked to the back without selling it at all...to make matters worse within 10 minutes he was out in the crowd talking to people and hanging around. I don't want to sound like a knob, we all know how this works...but I just thought he was all round awful/clueless and I didn't think he added anything at all.

I don't want to end on that note though, once again it was well worth the trip and at

Couldn't agree with Johnny more!

Great show top to bottom from Triple X, maybe the best all rounded show they've done. Main was what sold me on the show but the rest of the card was top draw with everyone having there own gimmick and character. Loved the Dunnes/hunters 4 way and I'm looking forward to seeing Pete/Eddie a lot, especially after seeing eddie's first title defense against brookes.

Also want to echo johnnys thoughts on Rob Hall. He looked completely clueless out there but luckily this didn't taking away from Webster/Kieran. Gotta say I love the metamorphosis of Morgan Webster at Triple X as of late.

But yeah top to bottom great show, Shame about the injury in the first match but apart from that well worth the 10 pounds. More people need to get down to these shows.

• Paid Members

Next show, 'King of the Royal Summer Mania Series', has now been confirmed for Sunday 17 August, combined with a local showing of SummerSlam later that night.

It's the night after FutureShock's tenth anniversary show in Manchester too, so looks another cool wrestling weekender away for me...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

In the event most likely to get us another smarmy email from WWE's legal department...

46222_10152098124627511_8000121832904523862_n.jpg

Triple X Wrestling follows up it's incredible June event with our the month that has become a bit of a standard setter for us, previous Augusts featuring Prince Devitt and Sabu! In the time honoured tradition of building anticipation, we're not going to give Pete Dunne his title match just yet - instead we've given Dunne and champion Eddie Dennis an opportunity to choose each other's opponent for August 17th! A chance to have your title match opponent beaten to a pulp by whoever you want... (that we can afford)... That's right -it's PICK YOUR POISON!!!

So who did they choose????

1797506_10152114864362511_7355556153172088831_n.jpg

Wow. Eddie Dennis wasted no time in choosing Pete Dunne's opponent but boy, are we looking forward to it! You can't fault our champ for choosing one of the biggest challenges of Dunne's career as he meets the most well travelled British wrestler of the 21st century in Doug Williams! First time meeting between these two should be a MotY contender but will Pete be ready for a title match once Doug puts him to the test? Whatever happens, Triple X fans are the winners here!

For our champ Eddie Dennis, Pete has chosen someone sure to be willing to pull out all the stops to give him the easiest route possible to the gold - his own brother Damian Dunne. Damian has it all to prove after narrowly losing out on becoming number one contender himself and what better way to get back in the title hunt than pinning the champ in a non-title contest??

Plenty more still to come from this event AND we've got your Summerslam viewing all sorted with Coventry's top new venue CARTER'S. Right across the road at the SkyDome and equipped with more screens then you could shake a Singapore cane at, Carter's will be screening Summerslam and selling great food and drinks with free entry and plenty of room. Spoiled or what!

EVENT PAGE!

THE FACEBOOK!

TICKETS! - Only

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

In the event most likely to get us another smarmy email from WWE's legal department...

46222_10152098124627511_8000121832904523

Triple X Wrestling follows up it's incredible June event with our the month that has become a bit of a standard setter for us, previous Augusts featuring Prince Devitt and Sabu! In the time honoured tradition of building anticipation, we're not going to give Pete Dunne his title match just yet - instead we've given Dunne and champion Eddie Dennis an opportunity to choose each other's opponent for August 17th! A chance to have your title match opponent beaten to a pulp by whoever you want... (that we can afford)... That's right -it's PICK YOUR POISON!!!

So who did they choose????

1797506_10152114864362511_73555561531720

Wow. Eddie Dennis wasted no time in choosing Pete Dunne's opponent but boy, are we looking forward to it! You can't fault our champ for choosing one of the biggest challenges of Dunne's career as he meets the most well travelled British wrestler of the 21st century in Doug Williams! First time meeting between these two should be a MotY contender but will Pete be ready for a title match once Doug puts him to the test? Whatever happens, Triple X fans are the winners here!

For our champ Eddie Dennis, Pete has chosen someone sure to be willing to pull out all the stops to give him the easiest route possible to the gold - his own brother Damian Dunne. Damian has it all to prove after narrowly losing out on becoming number one contender himself and what better way to get back in the title hunt than pinning the champ in a non-title contest??

10537333_10152127736872511_1817395573623

Match three from the already hotly anticipated August 17th event will see four of the midlands finest and fastest rising stars meet in tag team action. Slap-Dash Tag Team reform as long time mates Chris Brookes and Tyler Bate re-unite after a little tension recently at Triple X - well, Chris is a bit of a cunt sometimes - but they hope to put it behind them with a victory over the well polished brother tandem of the Hunter Brothers. No cracks between Jim and Lee Hunter but can Bate and Brookes say the same??

10421428_10152127746222511_3314163947171

What a debut for former child star Chase Alexander! With his entourage he managed to take down the legendary Jim Diehard. He'll hope to keep up that winning streak against our resident Indy Guy~! Kieran Young. Alexander withstood the power of a Henchmen but can he handle all the MOVEZ AND SHIT!?

61153_10152172357332511_2543872989182674

Grimm and Grizzly, the Titans of Terror have made a connection over their fondness of beating up smaller men - well we very much believe in picking on someone your own size so we wanted to give them the colossal Henchmen! Unfortunately, Benton Destruction is currently out with an injured shoulder so Jim Diehard went on the hunt for someone hench enough to step in. TNA's Rob Terry? Yeah, pretty damn hench!

Plenty more still to come from this event AND we've got your Summerslam viewing all sorted with Coventry's top new venue CARTER'S. Right across the road at the SkyDome and equipped with more screens then you could shake a Singapore cane at, Carter's will be screening Summerslam and selling great food and drinks with free entry and plenty of room. Spoiled or what!

EVENT PAGE!

THE FACEBOOK!

TICKETS! - Only £10 each or our brand new group ticket gets six people in for only £50!!! Door price is £12.

The show's at Club M - if you've been before, it's the same building that most of the shows have been at (although it hasn't always been called that). The afterparty, i.e. the screening of Summerslam, is at Carters.

Archived