NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

Remember Ryback's awesome school-yard bully gimmick? Something like that would have worked for Bull Dempsey- with the classic bully trait of never actually picking on anyone his own size. A cowardly heel, basically. He needs to be a wannabe tough guy, because trying to sell him as a legitimate one is absolutely laughable. The problem with the bully gimmick is that there are actually very few babyface guys on the NXT roster that are smaller than him to get heat on.

Hey, it's a wacky skit. Enzo has a sister! She wants to wrestle. Enzo says she's uggo. Haha, she's not! HOW YOU DOIN'? I fucking love these guys.

HAHA!!!  I actually read that as if Big Cass himself was saying it. AND. YOU. CAN'T. TEACH. THAT.

• Paid Members

It's championship week on NXT! Two out of the three titles are up for grabs, pretty much like every week. But it's Championship! Week!

Women's matches on Raw fill me with dread. Women's matches here are a delight. Bayley and Charlotte have another great little match, and I can't help but have dirty thoughts about Ric Flair's Boy at some points in this. I am a monster. Bayley's leg got bent a lot. I could only think of my own poor useless knee and wince. Charlotte won and showed hustle and respect by hugging it out with Bayley at the end. This felt like a goodbye to Bayley - where does her story go from here?

KENTAHideo Itami is still fighting against two men every week. I get that build is everything, but it makes him look like a geek. Maybe that's because I don't buy the Ascension as tough? Surely, for the love of God, though, there's some babyfaces that could have tried to save him? As it is, REDACTED will destroy the Ascension. That's not a bad thing.

Enzo & Cass bring the funny. Last week I thought Carmella was Enzo's sister. I hope with the way he sniffed her hair and felt her up this week that it isn't the case.

Troy McClain doesn't get entrance music. Troy McClain looks like he's wearing dress pants. Troy McClain gets squashed by Baron Corbin.

It's the Vaudevillains! They rock. While this match was on I remembered how Jason Albert came into the WWE, kayfabe at least. He was Droz's piercer & tattooist. Who became a wrestler. Let that sink in. Sam Gotch used TWO airplane spins. Dillinger and Jordan know their place and the Vaudevillains win.

Titus is here to watch the main event. I am sure nothing untoward will occur.

Oh, Bayley isn't done. She has to fight Sasha Banks! Because they both want to be champion! That's your aspiration society right there. Cameron's Britain.

KENTAHideo Itami is told to keep his shoulder iced. Funaki appears and tells him he's got his back. WHERE WERE YOU TEN MINUTES AGO??? Oh, and Itami stopped icing his shoulder. You were told.

It's Tyson Kidd's last chance to win the NXT Championship because, I don't know, reasons. For all that I don't much like Kidd or Neville, they have a Good Match here. Titus interferes, which can only make NXT look second-rate (I know it is supposed to be, but still). But SAMI ZAYN~! kicks the spit out of Titus and urges to Neville to continue. You know what I like about Sami Zayn? Everything. But especially that he looks like Seth Rogen. Neville wins and that's Kidd done, I guess. Why would you stick around in a promotion where you are FORBIDDEN from winning the title. I dunno.

A thought struck me watching the show - is NXT the first promotion to have a big time TV show which isn't being used to sell live tickets, PPVs or DVDs?

Edited by Linus

• Paid Members

A thought struck me watching the show - is NXT the first promotion to have a big time TV show which isn't being used to sell live tickets, PPVs or DVDs?

TNA are doing a good job.

I wish I could favourite this ^

No, for multiple reasons. Chiefly, it's not really a promotion and it doesn't have a big time TV show.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Enzo & Cass bring the funny. Last week I thought Carmella was Enzo's sister. I hope with the way he sniffed her hair and felt her up this week that it isn't the case.

She made out she was Enzos sister to get into the Performance Centre. Love your reviews, by the way, keep them coming.

What is this Sasha Banks-Ratchet thing about?

Was a decent show this week. Charlotte/Bayley was more enjoyable than the Takeover match, just a shame the finish was a little sloppy.

Troy McLain looked like Stevie Richards dressed as Disco Inferno.

Itami looks so small, and I liked that Funaki still wears his Smackdown #1 Announcer tshirt.

Really enjoyed Neville/Kidd too and glad that it's been put to bed, but it does look like Titus is now going to be around for a little.

Still think they're going to built to Neville v Zayn at the next live special (rumoured for December)

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Linus,  I saw someone the other day in the Raw thread moaning about your reviews.  I enjoy them also, but referring to Iami as KENTAHideo Itami is very annoying.  We all know he used to be KENTA, but now he's not.  Also, not everyone reads spoilers when NXT tape ahead, so giving away spoilers about Finn Balor isn' cool either.

Other than that, keep up the good work.

• Moderators

I suppose there was Wrestlig Society X on MTV