NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Just watched the Fergal Devitt documentary that was on Irish television. I didn't realise he was quite a big deal in Japan. He's certainly hit the ground running in WWE and has a great look. Hope he does well!

I'd love to watch this but I don't even know what it's called lol. where did you find/watch it?

• Paid Members

Hey, it's NXT! It's literally a one-match show tonight!

Show starts in an empty arena, presumably as a tribute to TNA. Rimshot! Not Backstage Renee and Corey Graves introduce the show. These two are already two of the WWE's best three announcers.

They show a video package of NXT alumni who've made it to the big time - Paige, Bo Dallas, and Rusev. One of those things is not like the others. They then re-capped, without really re-capping, NXT Arrival from February.

Hey, it's Jimmy Nail! We follow Adrian Neville as he goes home to Newcastle. This did more to give him a personality than a year of TV. His mum is a better promo than him, though. Oh, and she calls him "Ben" throughout. Vince will HATE that. Good bit, though.

Tyler Breeze sent in a REALLY close-up video to wish us a Merry Christmas. Aww.

They showed the last 5 minutes of Zayn versus Neville from REvolution and, fuck me, it's still awesome. Such great professional wrestling.

Curtis Axel met William Regal backstage and says he's in NXT for a bit. I am ridiculously excited about a Hennig joining my favourite show, for some reason.

They show a video package from the tag titles match at REvolution, with Lucha Dragons versus the Vaudevillains. This feud - thank Christ - must continue!

They announced that the re-match between the Ascension and Itami & Balor will air next week. Itami, for whom English is very much a second language, cut a better promo than Balor. *Shrug*

They showed a video of all the people who debuted this year: Baron Corbin, Hideo Itami, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, and - hahahahaha - Bull Dempsey. What, no Blue Pants?

Kevin Owens cut a promo pointing out he put the last two NXT champions in hospital. He's working backwards, by my reckoning, so watch out Bo Dallas, Big E, and Seth Rollins.

They showed another video of people from NXT who'd made it ot the big time, this time including Summer Rae, Emma, and Adam Rose, who probably wish they hadn't.

Hey, it's Bayley! She's at the Performance CenterTM, watching the latest HHH DVD. She's doing this because he, too, got a knee injury,  and came back stronger. And because you can buy it in all good video stores.

Okay, we got a match! It's Charlotte versus Sasha Banks, for the NXT Women's title! Sasha came out with Becky Lynch, while Charlotte brought her DAD!

Ric Flair cut a talky, putting over their previous match at REvolution, and putting over Sasha Banks. That was nice of him.

They had a very different match to the REvolution one, which some on the main roster could learn from. The story was all Sasha on top, with Charlotte selling like a BOSS.

Alex Riley told the world that the INTERNET~! sent HHH a fruit basket to say thanks for REvolution. This show owns.

Charlotte made a brief comeback but Sasha got right back on her. Sasha had the Bank(s) Statement on, but Charlotte managed to make the ropes. She eventually overcame her opponent with the Figure Four, bridging like the most flexible girl in the class for extra torque.

This wasn't as good as their "PPV" match, but that's as it should be. It was still a great match, and worth going out of your way to watch. Afterwards, Ric Flair gave Sasha a piece of his mind for talking trash about him.

What does it say about the rest of wrestling TV shows when a one-match re-cap show will be the best thing on TV this week, and most weeks? Man, I love NXT.

Edited by Linus

Sasha Banks and Charlotte had a match on Main Event this week. I can see Sasha moving up to the main roster soon because it feels like she's been at development for ages, She's got the look and is a great wrestler. If they filter the Divas now and have the good wrestlers in Paige, Sasha, Noami, Natalya going for the belt and leaving Eva Marie, Cameron, Rosa, Summer doing what they do with Total Divas. 

This thread should be renamed NXT is no longer on the telly! considering the new Sky deal.

I thought I'd moan about this here, as it'll get lost in the Raw thread, but...

The Ascension debut.  Oh dear.  

I half wonder, boringly, if this is a lighting thing.  NXT tends to be lit a lot dimmer in a smaller space, and it made these two and their vaguely supernatural look feel pretty threatening.  On the big bright stage of Raw, they looked like mini-versions of the Road Warriors, and not at all threatening.  The asymmetric shoulder pads didn't help.

Also, the grunting and roaring - have they always done that?  Again, it stuck out like a sore thumb on Raw.

I STILL think they've got potential, but they have to present them better.