NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

The Vaudevillains are my favourite thing on NXT, I love their entrance!

Ā 

Although I see why they've heel'd the theme up a bit for them and I agree that's what they needed, I personally don't like the new version of it. I thought their face entrance and face music was much better but hey, they're villains after all dammit!

• Paid Members

Hey, it's NXT! I freaking LOVE NXT!

Show starts with Tyler Breeze coming to the ring. He's still 2000 WCW but that works here. He's fighting Marcus Louis, who is STILL bald from a month ago. Backstage Renee said his hair is not growing back, which is why he's a little crazy.

He stood in his corner, with that towel over his head, for ages. He appeared to be sobbing a little. Breeze grabbed the mic and, after appearing to almost throw up in his mouth a little, declared he would not fight such an uggo.

Louis went to leave and Breeze hit the Beauty Shot for the win. After the match, Louis snapped and started kicking the steps. The fans - really on form tonight - started chanting, "this is awkward!" Gold.

After the commercial they showed Louis walking out of the arena in his wrestling gear in some kind of trance.

Hey, it's Enzo & Big Cass! I bought a SAWFT! t-shirt last night. My Black Friday treat to myself was a wrestling shirt. How far I've fallen. But SAWFT!

They did the usual schtick, and then introduced Carmella. She did her bit, which isn't on their level but who could be? Fans don't buy her.

Enzo & Cass said they had a surprise for her. Not for the fans, though, who began chanting, "Blue Pants! Blue Pants!" and - yes! - Ol' Blue Pants was back. I was half-hoping they'd actually give her a proper name, since she's alright, but she's still Blue Pants and appears to have no problem with that.

Enzo said that this the most anticipated re-match in WWE Divas history. He might be right.

Carmella won with the head scissors submission thing she does, and the crowd hated it. They - and all of us - want Blue Pants.

Backstage, Finn Balor did a terrible bit saying he's ready for Tyson Kidd. Guess he's not quite ready for primetime after all.

The Lucha Dragons came out and, unlike last week, it was the real thing, not dwarves. They fought Jason Jordan and Tye Dillinger, who are the most vanilla tag team ever. Dragons won in a shirt back and forth, showing off their usual stuff.

That fat guy from last week is Kevin Owens. I kid, I knew who he was, but he is quite fat in an impressive way. He did a thing. He says he likes to fight.

Bayley came out to the ring and said that Charlotte had told her to stay home because she wasn't there to save her ass from Sasha Banks this week. Sound advice ignored. She called out Sasha & Becky Lynch, who she said were bullies, and that her mum had told her bullies are really cowards.

The cowards then beat her up. Bayley is dumb. Seriously, she's fucking retarded. And no-one - not Alexa Bliss, nor Carmella, nor Blue Pants - came out to save her. Poor old Bayley. Oh, the crowd were good again here - chanting "ouch!", ala Peter Griffin, when Bayley had hurt her knee.

Backstage, Natalya hypes up her husband's match with Finn Balor. Her husband is right there and we're supposed to be upset when he wants to talk for himself? Such odd booking. Also, her head is bigger than his. That's never good.

He said his Uncle Bret had been training him, and Natalya pointed out he was her Uncle Bret, too, for no reason. He then asked her if she'd checked on the kittens and she said she had but he said he needed to Facetime them and couldn't hug her. He was wearing a t-shirt with a skull made out of kittens. Gold.

OH MY FREAKING GOD THEY AIRED A VAUDEVILLIANS SILENT MOVE THAT WAS AMAZING! GOTCH CRANE-KICKED A BEAR! GOLDGOLDGOLD!!!

Hey, it's main event time - Tyson Kidd versus Finn Balor. The announcers had fun comparing the two men, and their respective Japanese training and experience. They said Kidd was trained by Tokyo Joe (and I was, like, "so?" and then realised I was thinking of Gypsy Joe) and he only trained Triple Crown Champions, and Albert said that Finn had been a Triple Crown Champion, too. Neither of these men have been Triple Crown Champions.

It was a good match. Of course it was. Kidd had Finn in a submission at one point and told the ref to "ask him". The ref said he had, so Kidd said, "ask him in Irish!" Gold.

They did a spot where Kidd went to the outside and Finn was going to dive but Kidd hid behind Natalya so Finn aborted it and we're supposed to think bad of Kidd for that and I don't know why they think we would think that!

They also did a spot where Finn was in the Tree Of Woe and Kidd told Natalya to hurt him, and she wouldn't, so he jumped out of the ring and hurt Finn and told her, "that's what I wanted you to do!" Once more, Gold.

After trading all kinds of MOVES~!, including a beautiful brainbuster, Finn was about to go for the win after KICKING KIDD IN THE FACE and the Ascension ran in for the DQ. Then, Itami ran to even things up, and - weirdly - so did a load of jobbers. That's your show.

This was a Great Show. NXT is all kinds of brilliant.
Ā 

Edited by Linus

Ā 

The latest Kevin Owens promo mentions Bryan, Rollins, Zayn, Neville and the frustrations that they got called up before him. Came across quite hellish and got me really looking forward to his debut. Could be a massive addition to the roster.

Ā 

Sami Zayn was involved in a decent face to face with Adrian Neville ahead of their title vs. career match and showed some character. R:Evolution should be a very good show.

NXT is the best wrestling show on TV at the minute. I can't get enough of it.

Ā 

It's booked so well. It doesn't stink of Vince McMahon at all, which gives me hope for the future. No campy gimmicks, no long talking segments, talents booked to their strengths (love what they're teasing with Corbin and Dempsey) and the guys at the top of the card put on great matches.

Ā 

Keep it up!

Ā 

What do people predict will happen at R Evolution, then?

Ā 

I can see a title change. Zayn to go over Neville in what will be a superb match. I'm guessing Corbin and Dempsey are going to face off, but I can't see past Coribn - they're clearly pushing him as some kind of monster. You never know, maybe they'll keep this feud going beyond the live show.

Ā 

I think Charlotte might drop the title in order to facilitate a move onto the main roster, too. She's probably the one talent in NXT that is very much ready to step up. I can see her having some decent matches with Paige and AJ.

Ā 

I like the idea of the Vaudevillains winning the tag belts. Aidan English looks creepily like Cesaro with more hair though, which freaks me out every time I see them.

Ā 

Balor and Itami to go over the Ascension, aswell, then have the former tag champs go after the main roster belts after a month or so of promos. I'm glad they've put Devitt with Kenta, I think Kenta was struggling with getting going when he debuted and has definitely benefited from being in a tag team, so to speak. I wish they'd let him use the GTS, that head kick finisher he's been using is naff.

Edited by GavinSAFC

I know I'm supposed to like them because they have a long history on the indies and had 5 star matches in Japan or whatever, but as I watch Itami and Balor each week, I can't help thinking they're both pretty average. Itami is the worse of the pair, but Balor isn't too impressive either- pretty cool entrance, but that's where it ends.

Ā 

Watching this week's show, I was more impressed by the team of Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy. Hope they get a good run at some point.

Ā 

The Vaudevillians silent movies are tremendous.

Ā 

Why does everyone say Sasha is "rat shit"? Quite rude and definitely not PG.

Ā 

Rich Brennan looks like a Michael Cole cosplay, and is starting to sound like him.

Ā 

I like the Kevin Owens promo linking him to top WWE stars like Rollins and Bryan, but with how underwhelming Itami and Balor have been, I'm hesitant to get my hopes too high.

Ā 

Good face to face with Neville and Zayn. Zayn is becoming money in his character and promos, so believable. The end result is highly predictable, but predictable doesn't always mean bad.

I know I'm supposed to like them because they have a long history on the indies and had 5 star matches in Japan or whatever, but as I watch Itami and Balor each week, I can't help thinking they're both pretty average. Itami is the worse of the pair, but Balor isn't too impressive either- pretty cool entrance, but that's where it ends.

Ā 

Watching this week's show, I was more impressed by the team of Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy. Hope they get a good run at some point.

Ā 

The Vaudevillians silent movies are tremendous.

Ā 

Why does everyone say Sasha is "rat shit"? Quite rude and definitely not PG.

Ā 

Rich Brennan looks like a Michael Cole cosplay, and is starting to sound like him.

Ā 

I like the Kevin Owens promo linking him to top WWE stars like Rollins and Bryan, but with how underwhelming Itami and Balor have been, I'm hesitant to get my hopes too high.

Ā 

Good face to face with Neville and Zayn. Zayn is becoming money in his character and promos, so believable. The end result is highly predictable, but predictable doesn't always mean bad.

Ā 

I agree. It's where Neville ultimately fails, though. Every time he's on the mic I cringe. They're trying to lose his geordie accent (case in point - his interview with Michael Cole this week where he calls his mam 'mom') but as a result there is absolutely zero personality coming across. Would he not be better served having a manager who can talk for him, or have him billed as some kind of silent assassin?Ā 

Ā 

I really can't wait to see what they do with Owens. If they book him properly he'll do very well in WWE. I've got a feeling he'll have some part in the NXT title match which introduces him strongly, but we'll see.

Ā 

Are they not saying Ratchet? That said, there were a few sweary moments on this week's show.

Ā 

I'm kinda with you on the Itami/Balor front, too. I'm not a massive indie wrestling observer so I'm not exactly privvy to their previous work. I can see Balor doing well eventually, but not sure I can say the same for Itami.Ā 

• Paid Members

Feels like maybe they're a few years late with Itami. If he makes it to the roster, I can't see him doing any better than "Kaval" - a few curiosity matches with the likes of Big Show to quiet crowds and the rare decent match against the people you'd expect like Bryan. Just can't see him being a significant member of the roster.

Edited by Benno

Feels like maybe they're a few years late with Itami. If he makes it to the roster, I can't see him doing any better than "Kaval" - a few curiosity matches with the likes of Big Show to quiet crowds and the rare decent match against the people you'd expect like Bryan. Just can't see him being a significant member of the roster.

Ā 

Do you see him making it that far? He's got to get over in NXT first, and thus far he's struggled, even with all the fanfare that came when he made his debut. I suppose that could all change if their match with the Ascension steals the show.

I was having a little joke about "ratchet", but the first time I heard it, I genuinely thought that's what they were chanting. Never heard that lingo here.

Ā 

I don't know what they will do with Neville. He has that spectacular Red Arrow move that I'm sure they'll want to get on the main shows, but he has very little to offer beyond that. He's surely due to graduate soon, and I think Zayn will be Intercontinental champ by mid next year.Ā 

Ā 

Hope Tyson Kidd gets a prominent spot on Raw soon too, the work he's put in is amazing. I went from not giving a single shit about him to him being one of my favourites currently.

Ā 

One other note about this week's show that I forgot, I like the little story they're telling with Marcus Louis, it's a bit different. Can't wait to hear his podcast.