Podcast Recommendations

Joey Joe Joe Jr

• Moderators

Pair of pricks.

Here's my new favourite podcast - The Thomas and Way podcast.

You probably know Rhys Thomas as Paul from the Swiss Tony sketches, or the brilliant Bellamy's People, and Tony Way from, well, a TON of stuff, most recently in forum fave Game of Thrones.

tHq47.jpg

They're basically informal, boozy chats between two old schoolfriends who are only early 30s, but have been around the British comedy scene forever. Thomas in particular isn't fussed at all about holding back, so you get some cracking stories about, for example, Mark Lammar and Sean Lock's horrible bullying behaviour, as well as a bunch of actual LOLEs, because these are right funny.

• Paid Members

"No-one wants to hear you crunch, chew, or masticate in any way."

MASTICATE! DO YOU GET IT? BECAUSE IT SOUNDS A BIT LIKE MASTURBATE, AND THAT MAKES ME SOUND EDGY AND IRREVERENT LIKE THAT SIMON AMSTELL THAT ALL THE KIDS LIKE! I'M DEFINITELY NOT AN ATTENTION-SEEKING MANCHILD!

I want to find out where he lives, follow him to the cinema, and throw popcorn at his head for the whole film. And explain to him why he's terrible at his job if he complains.

They sometimes get feedback from cinema chains that have actually printed the fucking thing out and have it hanging proudly in their lobby. Also, every single time a listener writes in and mentions they went to a film, it's always referred to as their 'local World of Cine' (CLEVER) and it's gotten to the point where I resent the hosts and the mutant fans so much that I no longer have any idea if Mayo is embellishing the phrase 'Cineworld' or if the cunts actually write that in on purpose because IT'S SO WACKY.

Ashamed I used to love that podcast. Ashamed.

• Paid Members

Pair of pricks.

Here's my new favourite podcast - The Thomas and Way podcast.

You probably know Rhys Thomas as Paul from the Swiss Tony sketches, or the brilliant Bellamy's People, and Tony Way from, well, a TON of stuff, most recently in forum fave Game of Thrones.

tHq47.jpg

They're basically informal, boozy chats between two old schoolfriends who are only early 30s, but have been around the British comedy scene forever. Thomas in particular isn't fussed at all about holding back, so you get some cracking stories about, for example, Mark Lammar and Sean Lock's horrible bullying behaviour, as well as a bunch of actual LOLEs, because these are right funny.

Can't agree more. It's very refreshing to hear two people in the entertainment industry who aren't falling over themselves to make sure they're not saying anything out of turn about their peers (libellous stuff is bleeped though, obv) and be very funny at the same time, and to not come off the least bit bitter. They're also really open about crap stuff they've done. It's a bit like a more honest and drunk version of the Collins and Herring podcast, but without one of them being quite annoying 75% of the time.

Edited by gmoney

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Evening,Bumping this as my routine has gone a little stale, so I'm looking for some new podcast recommendations. If it helps, I'm currently suscribed to these. . .- Answer Me This!- Art of Wrestling- Ari Shaffir's Sceptic Tank- DDP Radio- Hollywood Babble-On- KEXP Song of the Day- Live Audio Wrestling- MLW Radio- MOHR Stories- NPR: TED Radio Hour Podcast- Talkin' Shit with Jim Jefferies and Eddie Ifft- The Bugle- The Nerdist- The Steve Austin Show- Tom Robinson Introducing...- Wrestling Observer / Figure Four OnlineThanks!

Edited by Wretch

This is my current subscription list, mostly video game related. I'd recommend any of these if you're interested in the subject matter.10 O'Clock Live (audio version of the Wednesday night Channel 4 show)Art of WrestlingRadio 4 Comedy of the WeekRadio 4 Friday Night ComedyGiant Bombcast (Games)Good Job Brain (Trivia)How Did This Get Made? (Bad movie reviews)IGN Games podcastsNerd Poker (D&D)P2B Wrestling Podcast (Only for the Kevin Kelly half year reviews)Radio 4 General Knowledge QuizzesRebel FM (Games)Rooster Teeth (Comedy/Games)Steve Austin ShowComedy ButtonThe GeekboxThe NerdistWeekend Confirmed (Video Games)Generally that lot sees me through a week, although having had a few courses/days off recently has left me with a week and a half backlog to get through.

Rick Moranis is interviewed on the latest Nerdist podcast. Rick Moranis! Completely out of the blue. Great to hear he isn't dead or anything. I haven't seen him in anything in years.

That's cause he's retired. Quit his career to take care of his family after his wife died.Looking forward to this episode. Hardwick said the next three weeks of the podcast is stacked, can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

What's the deal with the Adam Carolla show? I thought I'd give it a shot because they had Steve Austin on but he near enough ignored him in attempts to be funny. Is it just him being a blow hard all the time or is it worth me persevering? I've recently got into the Nerdist and that's right up my street. Was hoping it would be as good.

My regular podcasts are.

Smodcast

Live Audio Wrestling

Hollywood Babble-on

FEAB

Fat Man on Batman

Art of Wrestling

Interesting People Talking Wrestling

The Steve Austin Show

The Hysteria Continues

Tell 'em Steve Dave

Nerdist

Always looking for new stuff so any suggestions are appreciated. I highly recommend Hysteria Continues if your a slasher movie fan. Its great fun and well researched.

• Awards Moderator

I can't put across how good the Radiolab podcast is. It's science-flavoured but much more interesting than that sounds. There's a podcast where they describe how many different colours animals can see, and in an inspired touch they use a choir to add layers of sound where new colours are. It's where The Oatmeal got inspiration for his recent Mantis Shrimp strip.

There's plenty I could recommend, but Radiolab is a must-try.

• Paid Members

So, aside from the planned UKFF thing that we're probably all bored of already, I'm starting a podcast soon.

It's going to be called Good Films and it's going to be about good films. Not great films, not cult films, not underrated films, not under-appreciated films - just good films. They may fit into one or some those categories but the main thing is that they're good and that you might quite like them.

I'm planning on having it up and running by the start of August. It probably won't have guests on it because nobody knows who I am so it will just be me talking about films in my Jon Ronson voice while kids jump on my head.

It's more or less based on this list I did on Letterboxd once:-

http://letterboxd.com/settingsun/list/99-good-films/

Remember to quote this post at the start of August and ask me why I haven't done this yet.

• Paid Members

I would imagine that most of those films would feature and that each show would be more or less based around that one film but with some other bits and pieces just to break up the format. There are loads more that I could talk about as well on those lines, but those were just 99 I thought of off the type of my head.