57 replies to this topic

#1 Joey Joe Joe Jr

Joey Joe Joe Jr

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

Hey, I'm doing lots of traveling for the next few weeks and need some podcasts. I listen to the Nerdist, AOW, Stephen Toboloswky, Gamble and Peacock, LAW, Ministry of Slam, Daily Bugle, Michelle Beadle and Grizzley Egg Bear Cafe, to give you a taste of what I like. So anything similar or something you guys listen to religiously, either wrestling, tv or humour related?

Posted Image

#2 Astro Hollywood

Astro Hollywood

I'm the Bride! UKFF's Funniest Poster 2010

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

How did this get made A tremendous podcast about terrible cinema.

TZ5B1ee.jpg
Brian Pillman, kayfabe, Hulk Hogan's delusions, Purple Aki, Bill Murray, Ghostwatch, Steven Seagal, Frank Dux, Derek Acorah -- all for the price of a pint.
Smoke & Mirrors and Steven Seagal, ÔŅĹ2.99 on Amazon
Amazon's FREE Kindle app for phones, tablets, Mac and PC

#3 CAREBEAR LUVVA

CAREBEAR LUVVA

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:32 PM

I have no idea what most of those are, but with one of them being called the Nerdist it made me think you may enjoy Starburst Radio
My username is a punishment :(

Oh dear. You didn't read the thread.

#4 gmoney

gmoney

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

Lots of great podcasts at Earwolf, including How Did This Get Made which Woyzeck mentions above. I recommend Comedy Bang Bang and Who Charted? especially. Also: Doug Loves Movies (Live movie discussion and games with comedians and people. John Lithgow was on it once.) This American Life (Sort of like an American Radio 4. Always interesting and funny) Smartest Man In The World (Greg Proops does an hour of stand up every week) Superego (Sketch comedy)
Posted Image

#5 Big_Will

Big_Will

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

WTF with Marc Maron Anything on Kevin Smith's SModcast network is normally worth a listen
English man living in America

Twitter | Movie Review Blog

#6 The Cum Doctor

The Cum Doctor

Main Eventer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,308 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

I love listening to Football Weekly. The One Wrestling Show is a good 'un I like as well, mainly for the laughs.

#7 NEWM

NEWM

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

They're old now, but available everywhere online in all the usual slightly naughty places, the complete Russell Brand Shows from late 05-08. Get the pack, and you're set for fucking ages. Absolutely bursting with piss funny content too. I know he's a pretty polarising figure, but I've also known people who hate him do a complete 180 on him and realise just how bloody ace he is after listening through some of these. Highest recommendation.

Posted Image

#8 Wretch

Wretch

Card Filler

• Paid Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

Try and get a hold of the Ricky Gervais show and the XFM radio shows before that. Piss funny. I only listen for Karl Pilkington tbf.
..then, before i left, i turned around and told the judge "i'm here to state who i am and be honest with you." i said "if they thought i was dangerous on the road like you're trying to accuse me of, wouldn't they have taken my license when i first got it? yes they would. and the judge says "yeah, you have a point," he goes "you don't need to get loud," i said "don't get loud?" i says "i've got every right to get loud." i says "you can't do a god damn thing about it, because i'm expressing myself in your court, and there is nothing you can do about it. you think you're god because you have a robe and you can put people up the god damn river for 20 years? well you're not." and i left it at that...

#9 Mr. Seven

Mr. Seven

Resident Music Nazi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

Sickboy stole my recommendation. Fucking love that podcast, just wish they'd do one every week rather than fortnightly.

#10 Clumsy Dad

Clumsy Dad

Jobber

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

I love How Did This Get Made? too. It really is a great podcast and one that seems to be improving as well, Paul Scheer is always looking at new stuff to make it work better. The episodes with Lexi Alexander and Jack O'Halloran are some of the best podcasts Iíve ever heard; there are tons of great stories in those shows.

If you are into football Iíd recommend The Football Ramble, when this was first suggested to me I thought it might be full of laddish banter, but happily it isnít. Instead itís a really funny and often very spot on look at the week in football. They mostly concentrate on The Premier League, but do spend a decent amount of time looking at the big leagues in Europe and South America as well as doing a feature about a player or team from history every week too.

Bill Burrís Monday Morning Podcast is one of my favourites at the moment. It can be a bit rambling at times but when heís on form I think itís the funniest show Iíve heard. He does talk quite a bit about American sport, but with the NFL season over that should drop off significantly, otherwise it tends to be about a comics life on the road and stuff thatís in the news.

#11 Wideload

Wideload

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

I love Gamewank, as previously recommended on here by Evolution (?); Adam and Joe's podcasts from XFM and 6music and the Jon Richardson podcasts from 6music which are still available from archive.org
Cocks.

#12 Mr. Seven

Mr. Seven

Resident Music Nazi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

Football Ramble is superb. Football Weekly and ESPN Soccernet are good too, but can be dull and too quick to gloss over stuff. I need new podcasts myself, preferably something like How Did This Get Made?, that kind of humour. Also film and/or game related. Any ideas?

#13 gmoney

gmoney

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

Football Ramble is superb. Football Weekly and ESPN Soccernet are good too, but can be dull and too quick to gloss over stuff.

I need new podcasts myself, preferably something like How Did This Get Made?, that kind of humour. Also film and/or game related. Any ideas?

Doug Loves Movies
Posted Image

#14 ultimo the great

ultimo the great

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,875 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

My week goes like this. A bit heavy on film and football but the wrestling podcasts are all just the same whinging wankers so don't bother anymore

Monday
Guardian Football Weekly 40 odd mins, always fun
TheGame with Gab Marcotti Around 40mins, pisses me off weekly but i still listen..
Monday Night Club around 90mins if there hasn't been a game. Shame they stopped doing Booted.

Tuesday
FilmJunk 2-3 hours. Funniest podcast i listen to.

Wednesday
Cinecast at Row3 can be between 3-4 hours

Thursday
Guardian Football Weekly Extra!!!!!40 odd mins
The Art Of Wrestling

Friday
Guardian FilmWeekly 35minutes
The Film Programme 30mins Can be very dull but some decent interviews
Mark Kermode Film Reviews 90mins
Kick Off 90min- 2 hours

Saturday
Filmspotting Listen to it more out of routine than actual enjoyment.

Sunday
Day of rest

The odd others i listen to occasionally
Directors Club
Criterioncast
Movie Club Podcast.

It's a full life.

#15 Clumsy Dad

Clumsy Dad

Jobber

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

Iíd agree with the recommendation of Doug Loves Movies and add F This Movie! and Comedy Film Nerds.