22 replies to this topic

#16 nfc90210

nfc90210

Mid Carder

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

Firstly, that ESPN image is shocking, i also noticed a couple of 'yellow mamba' signs in the crowd too... lost for words on those...

One of Kobe Bryant's nicknames is the Black Mamba. The Yellow Mamba signs are a play on that.

Edited by nfc90210, 19 February 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#17 Kaz Hayashi

Kaz Hayashi

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Firstly, that ESPN image is shocking, i also noticed a couple of 'yellow mamba' signs in the crowd too... lost for words on those...

One of Kobe Bryant's nicknames is the Black Mamba. The Yellow Mamba signs are a play on that.

Aye, and imagine how many footy games you would get banned for over here if you were holding that sign up.
Posted Image

And Ariston...

#18 WildSybianRider

WildSybianRider

Backyarder

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

it'll be interesting if D'antoni sticks with him when the first choice PG returns, Baron Davis.

He's pretty much the perfect one guard for Mike D'Antoni. I'd be amazed if he dropped him for anything less than Nash or Deron. Much less fat Baron Davis.

Another mad performance from Lin tonight, 28/4/14. I haven't seen much of him. Certainly his statlines are impressive. High turnovers but he's essentially a rookie been thrown in at the deepest of deep ends. Anything is more fun than watching the Celtics Big Three era crumble.

#19 Halitosis Romantic

Halitosis Romantic

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

Deron Williams? I've been to his house. It's very nice.
Posted Image

#20 MoistVaj

MoistVaj

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

it'll be interesting if D'antoni sticks with him when the first choice PG returns, Baron Davis.

He's pretty much the perfect one guard for Mike D'Antoni. I'd be amazed if he dropped him for anything less than Nash or Deron. Much less fat Baron Davis.

Another mad performance from Lin tonight, 28/4/14. I haven't seen much of him. Certainly his statlines are impressive. High turnovers but he's essentially a rookie been thrown in at the deepest of deep ends. Anything is more fun than watching the Celtics Big Three era crumble.

Valid point on Davis, but he's on a pretty big contract, and what will be even more interesting is to see where Melo fits in. Lin looks to be a pretty awesome pick and roll PG and Melo loves having the ball in his hands all the time. If Russell Westbrook's ankle injury isn't serious, I still think this is the Thunder's year.
Some people pimp Virgil as being underrated, but he certainly didnít prove that here, selling stomps to his back like he was doing pushups over a puddle of piss trying not to get wet.

#21 WildSybianRider

WildSybianRider

Backyarder

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

Davis is on the vet minimum. Yeah, Melo presents a problem. The Knicks are just a mess of an organisation. Between D'Antoni, Amar'e and now Lin, they've got the core of an old Suns-esque run and gun system. But that team never got a ring and Jeremy Lin is no Steve Nash. Melo is probably the league's best iso player so I have no idea how you make it fit. (You don't.) It's a shame as NY should have a contending team. A high-level Boston-Knicks rivalry is something I've always wanted to see. Westbrook put up forty last night so I reckon his ankle isn't too bad ha. Thunder still seem a little small for a chip to me but Dallas and the Lakers both lost size and there's so much talent on that team. I've wanted the Celts to get James Harden forever but it's not gonna happen. This is probably the hardest season to call I've ever known. The lockout changes so much and there's still a load of blockbuster trades that could feasibly happen and change the whole landscape of the L. Rosegarden, please divulge more.

#22 MoistVaj

MoistVaj

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

That'll be Tim Legler talking bollocks again then ( regarding Baron's contract) I had heard on a podcast or NBA Tonight the other week that Miami were looking at Davis before he went to the Knicks too, so that maybe an option should the Knicks be looking at a trade. It's definitely really tough to call this year, I really can't wait to see where D12 ends up, if he ends up at the Lakers I can see them making a real push at the title, without him, conference semi's at best. I just hope he doesn't end up at the Nets, it's a backwards move for me.
Some people pimp Virgil as being underrated, but he certainly didnít prove that here, selling stomps to his back like he was doing pushups over a puddle of piss trying not to get wet.

#23 WildSybianRider

WildSybianRider

Backyarder

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Disagree. If Howard goes to the Nets, Deron is a lock to re-sign. They move into Brooklyn in the autumn, then, with those two and no other salaries (Petro, Morrow etc on expirings will be easy to move). That is already a contender. Even with Dwight, the Lakers' is an ugly roster with half of its cap tied up in Frankenstein-mode Kobe. It seems like the chance of a title run this year isn't worth it. But the Lakers is the Lakers and they always find a way to come good. And the Nets is the Nets and they have found a way to fuck up their golden goose by imploding this year.