UKFF FIFA 12 PS3 League: Season Two

TUFCfan

Fiorentina 1 - 1 Torquay

A hard fought draw with both teams have several chances to claim all three points. Fiorentina started the game the better team and Llorente had a couple good chances to score which were well stopped by Akinfeev. Torquay got into the game by the middle of the half and Antonio Di Natale and Samir Nasri both forced good stops from Petr Cech. The Gulls took advantage of their spell on top late into first half injury time, when Giampaolo Pazzini's rasping shot stung Cech's palms and he could only push it towards the edge of the box where a Fiorentina defender won the ball but passed it straight to Pazzini who took the ball into the box and struck his shot into the bottom corner.

Torquay didn't hold the lead for long as Theo Walcott lost the ball from the kickoff which allowed Fiorentina to attack down the left-hand side and put a cross into the box which was headed in by Llorente. Torquay almost equalised straight from the kickoff when in a similar move down Fiorentina's right led to Theo Walcott having an open header in the box, but he headed the ball straight at Cech with most of the goal to aim for. Fernando Llorente had a good chance later on which was pushed away from goal by the finger tips of Akinfeev. Torquay had the best chances to score a winner in the lat ten minutes though. Theo Walcott broke through the defence on the right-side of the pitch but struck his shot against the side netting, making a section of the away crowd think it had gone in. Pazzini had the best chance right on 90 minutes when he received the ball and took a touch towards the edge of the box but he couldn't generate as much power as he'd have liked from his tiring limbs and the effort was saved by Cech. Overall a game which could have been won by either side, but ended with a creditable draw for The Gulls.

Fiorentina scorer: Llorente (48')

Torquay scorer: Pazzini (45')

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 12 (Monday 16th April -> Sunday 22nd April)

Bohemians v Liverpool

Brisbane v Arsenal

Everton v Fiorentina

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Norwich v Torquay

Wolves v Middlesbrough

Bohemians v Middlesbrough

Brisbane v Fiorentina

Everton v Aston Villa

Man Utd v Wolves

Norwich v Liverpool

Torquay v Arsenal

Week 11 (remainders):

Man Utd v Brisbane

Middlesbrough v Fiorentina

Bohemians v Man Utd

Fiorentina v Arsenal

Torquay v Liverpool

Week 10 remainders (last week for these):

Liverpool v Fiorentina

Arsenal v Man Utd

Liverpool v Brisbane

Week 9 remainders (Wednesday deadline):

Man Utd v Fiorentina

Notes:

The table has been updated and is on the first post.

Liverpool are obviously still top but they haven't yet secured the title going into the final week as Man Utd can still catch them, though it seems unlikely as just three more points from their last five games will secure the title (two points could effectively seal it as well due to goal difference). The real battle is likely still for second with Arsenal now occupying the position with games in hand still on Wolves but Man Utd have games in hand on them. Brisbane have lost their grip on fifth going into the final week but stunstone's boys still have two games in hand on El Nicko Loco's much improved side. Aston Villa, Bohemians and Fiorentina are still in contention for fifth spot as well. With games running out, down at the bottom it looks likely that one of Middlesbrough, Torquay or Everton will finish bottom with Boro currently three points adrift of Torquay and Everton but have a game in hand on The Gulls (and two on Everton) and have a better goal difference.

In the final round of fixtures carmella could secure the defence of his title if he beats former champ wmxxx's Bohemians. Man Utd face Wolves in the battle for second, Wolves also face Boro whilst Arsenal face Brisbane and Torquay. All of the bottom three face challenging games so any outcome is possible. I've extended Man Utd's game against Fiorentina due to C/W Mark's request and I've awarded wmxxx a 1-0 victory over me now the deadline has past as he was leading when the connection went just before half time and was the better side anyway so it'll save us trying to find time for another half.

• Paid Members

Some big games in the battle for 2nd. Could do with Wolves taking points of United then it's down to me to beat United.

C/W when you fancy playing?

I'll be free after 6 all week for my other games if you drop a pm on here or PSN.

Middlesbrough 4-2 Bohemians

Boswinga OG Fabiano

Eto'o X2 Kaka

Villa

Middlesbrough have improved their chances of avoiding the wooden spoon after a tough battle with Bohemians. After a goalless first half; mainly thanks to a majestic Pepe Reina, Boro took the lead thanks to an unfortunate OG by Boswinga. Eto'o hit a low cross which the Portuguese left back nodded past his own keeper. Bohemians quickly equalized through Luis Fabiano, but another quickfire goal by Eto'o restored Boro's lead. The Irishmen quickly rang the changes and substitute Kaka leveled the game at 2-2.

Once again Boro took the lead thanks to a cracking counter attack. Ribery delivered a dangerous cross which evaded everyone and looked like it was heading for a goal kick until David Villa managed to get a foot on it from an acute angle to rifle it into the roof of the net. Bohemians then threw the kitchen sink in the search for the third equalizer, but this opened up the door for a Boro counter attack and the Teessiders scored a fourth through Eto'o

• Paid Members

At the risk of getting ahead of ourselves, what's next? I can't believe the end of this has come around so chuffing quickly.

I've never, ever beaten Stunstone on a game of fifa, ever, despite playing each other in competitions and friendlies several times, the shit. So if I can at least hold him off of the Europa League spot, I'll consider it a step in the right direction!

I might be on later, if not I'll be on at some point during the weekend.

Archived