UFC Undisputed 3 Thread

ajmcstyles

Was playing this again last night. Got my Lightweight ranked up to 8th and got offered a fill-in fight against Melvin Guillard who was ranked 4th. I got knocked out after 22 seconds. That was a first.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up this the other day, been playing through career mode, just got my first few fights in the UFC knocking out Matt Serra. Whats the best thing to do on career mode to make the fighter better? I've just been learning new moves at camps to make my fighter a flashy bastard.

Well your are doing the right thing so far up to fight 15 learn and upgrade your moves then when you are forced to pick a camp to be in then you can work on your fighter stats. Make sure you play every mini game dispite a few bugs here and there ie the tyre flipping gets confused between transitions. Make sure you don't spend any money on clothes just upgrade your Trainers to level 5 and don't forget sponsers they are key to make you more money.

Beware the title fight in the UFC the CPU will constantly try to clinch if it's a wrestler or muay Thai or Bjj in a title fight. Even if your on beginner mode the difficult jumps up to rock solid, taking on bj penn in a title fight is near impossible he kicked my arse twice and I switched divisions on my first play through.

By fight 35 you might be invited to pride.

• Paid Members
I was surprised Joe Lauzon wasnt in the non dlc roster. He's been init for years, and I know he even said he was off injured at the time and hoped to be in the DLC,I was just surprised at his absence

Yeah he should have been in from the off, Rory MacDonald too. I think the issue with Lauzon was that at the time the roster was finalized he'd been on the shelf with injuries for ages.

I think on the whole they did a good job with the roster. The next DLC pack has Korean Zombie in aswell. Only guys they left off who I felt really should have been in were Ellenberger, Gustafsson and Barboza. Them 3 should have made the cut no questions asked.

I was surprised they left guys like Swick in who hasn't fought in about 2 years, and added Sean McCorkle but not the above 3 who were 3 of the UFC's breakout stars over the last year.

• 5 weeks later...

I've bit the bullet and changed the setting from Houchen Default (the easiest, regardless of which game I'm playing bar FIFA) to the middle setting and the game has got so much better. Having proper tussles that go on for three rounds now and can't go in all guns blazing like I did.

Hopefully this tactic will see me win an online match, I hope this doesn't become another "I've never scored a free kick on PES (which I still haven't)

• Paid Members

Yeah it's better on the higher difficulties. You have to pick your shots carefully or you get knocked out quick. I can't be arsed with Ultimate difficulty though. I'm all for a challenge but that difficulty level is just no fun for me. I don't have the time that it seems to require to get that good at it.

I'm happy to stick with Advanced.

Oh and in case anyone didn't know, the International DLC pack has been available for about a week now. You get Korean Zombie, Alessio Sakara, Kyle Noke, John Hathaway and Pascal Krauss.

Zombie looks quality

KoreanZombie2.jpg

Archived