Photo

Best Heel of 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Who was the best heel of 2011? (140 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was the best heel of 2011?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Inter-Continental Champion

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:08 AM

Who was the best heel of 2011?
Noted fantasist and indoor sunglasses wearer.

#2 Ronnie

Ronnie

Mid Carder

• Awards Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

I've loved Mark Henry's work this year but he falls to second place in the wake of Bully Ray. Probably the first time I've ever watched him and thought he really excelled at something. He has that JBL and Steiner knack of spreading conviction in what we see expressed on screen and a welcome surprise.

#3 TheBigBoot

TheBigBoot

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:14 PM

Henry.

If I'd seen more TNA Bully Ray might have gotten it. Credit where it is due: Miz and Truth were both good heels in their own ways but I'd rank them below not only Henry but also Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio in terms of WWE alone.

Not sold on the others. I like Michael Cole more than some but as good as his heel work was at times he was overexposed.

TNN boss Punk was very good on the stick during the Cena/Orton feuds but the Cult Leader gimmick has been overdone and then he turned tweener then all out babyface with the second Cena feud. Not convinced turning Roode heel was a great idea. We'll see.

Ziggler is good at what he does but I find it distracting when a heel feels the need to have #Heel on the rear of his trunks to identify his role.
“Boy, these two young twenty one year old kids in their early twenties are unbelievable!” (Jim Ross, Raw 13/12/99)

Articles & DVD Reviews:
http://www.wrestling...com/101/bio/71/

The only WrestleMania article you need to read this year:
TheBigBoot's Top Ten WrestleMania Opening Matches Of All Time

Now on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TheBigBoot