198 replies to this topic

#106 Dazz

Dazz

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Apologies if any of these have been done already...

Apparently you can still get Roysters crisps, though I never see them anywhere...

Morrisons have them in a multipack, frequently on a reduced price too.
Posted Image

#107 Cobra1000

Cobra1000

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

Dear God this thread is heartbreaking. I have known the Vice-Verca, Secret Bar, Kinder Milk Slice amongst others and im heartbroken these do not exist anymore. Although im positive they do still make Milk Slice bars somewhere in the world, and if they don't there isn't much point living...
Check out my wrestling articles on WhatCulture! and iSportsTimes or visit my blog The Sunset Flip

#108 patiirc

patiirc

Sad Sack

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:26 PM

Sorry if these have been mentioned.

Posted Image

for a short time at the beginning of the 1980ís. In 1981 Phillip Lewis launched Hedgehog Flavoured Crisps, which sold like mad with people eager to sample what the humble hedgehog might taste like. They were sold in beige coloured packets with a picture of a cartoon hedgehog licking its lips on the front

We used to get them in a multipack with 2 salt and vinegar 2 ready salted and 2 Hedgehog flavor.

Used to get them from the health food shop of all places in Gloucester by the old Cannon cinema before going in and then a Sadie's Ice Cream or Wimpy on the way out

Apologies if any of these have been done already...

Apparently you can still get Roysters crisps, though I never see them anywhere...

Morrisons have them in a multipack, frequently on a reduced price too.

The multipack has T Bone Steak and Southern Fried Chicken Flavours.. Often you can get Roysters in vending machines. At least up here anyways

UKFF World Cup Fantasy Football Winner 2014
UKFF Championship Fantasy Football Winner 2010, 2011. 2nd 2012

#109 Call me Bellend

Call me Bellend

Mid Carder

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:24 AM

I pretty much blame these for me chewing on wads of paper as an adult.

you do that too?

You do that too?!

does anyone remember a crisp that existed very briefly when I was a young fellow that had pictures of looney tunes characters printed on the crisps?

Greg Proops was in the ad.
My name is not Steve

Posted Image

#110 Dash X

Dash X

Jobber

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

I fucking love pretzel flipz may have to order some in for christmas. :thumbsup: also what were those crisps called which you got a little sachet of salt included to add and shake?
Posted Image
WWKD

#111 Devon Malcolm

Devon Malcolm

Best In The Off-Topic World 2010 (with Frankie!) & 2011

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:30 AM

also what were those crisps called which you got a little sachet of salt included to add and shake?

I think the clue's in the question, y'know.

#112 Dash X

Dash X

Jobber

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:32 AM

also what were those crisps called which you got a little sachet of salt included to add and shake?

I think the clue's in the question, y'know.

:)

EDIT: These bad boys were quality...

Posted Image

Edited by Dash X, 23 November 2011 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image
WWKD

#113 Your Fight Site

Your Fight Site

Inter-Continental Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:40 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Khemical, 23 November 2011 - 02:40 AM.

Posted Image

#114 King Pitcos

King Pitcos

World Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,802 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

does anyone remember a crisp that existed very briefly when I was a young fellow that had pictures of looney tunes characters printed on the crisps?

Greg Proops was in the ad.

Yes! Really liked them. I recall them being a bit like Pringles.

These eyes are the eyes of the old

#115 JLM

JLM

Off-topic = On-topic for this cat....2009's best

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

With Calypso cups, the cool thing to do was to ditch the straw, bite the bottom corner of the container open and then drink it through that. At least it was at my school. Most supermarkets still have some variant on them, and they still taste absolutely awful if you're no longer a child.

I miss black cherry Crusha being widely available. You can still get it, but it tends to be more of a Makro/Costco thing now. It is my favourite flavour by miles and miles.

I miss Rowntree's black cherry jelly also. On the very rare occasion's at my nan's house when she hadn't cooked or baked some kind of masterpiece, black cherry jelly was the back up dessert and it was beautiful.

Lastly, the same thing I mention every time this thread comes up: I miss Pepsi Blue. The garish colour, American oversized bottles, the 100% unnatural taste, the blue stained mouth it left behind. It was the worst sort of soft drink imagineable but I have never had an addiction like it. In fact, maybe it's a good thing it was a commercial failure because I'd most likely be fat and toothless by now.

I think what also made it special was that it was never successful and didn't get European distribution, so you'd only find it in odd corner shops or the occasional case at a place like Home Bargains where they'd occasionally have weird stock in because it was presumably cheap. After it got officially cancelled, finding the last few UK reserves of it in obscure locations was magical.

According to Wikipedia, the only places it's still sold are certain parts of mainland Malaysia. Weird.

Posted Image

Rest in peace Pepsi Blue; the world was not ready for you.

Oh, and during my recent trip to Amsterdam I enjoyed Chocomel and Blackcurrant Fanta which you don't get here, but they're both widely available outside of the UK.

Edited by JLM, 23 November 2011 - 04:35 AM.

A woman's voice, is such rarest flower. But I pick it. Vlad picks, petal from petal, until you are nudest you are ever being.

Until you are so nude.

#116 Lawz

Lawz

8/1 e/w shout

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

I've been waiting all thread to see when JLM would pop up with Pepsi Blue. It was amazing. I was fortunate to be living in America at the time of its release, got handed two free bottles at a supermarket and fell in love. Thats all I ever drank till I left America. I miss Pepsi Blue :(

#117 wandshogun09

wandshogun09

Main Eventer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,161 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:09 AM

Ah Calypso. Wrexham's greatest export since Tim Vincent.

Fucking foul, tasteless, unnaturally hued shite.

Bit harsh there Butch, he's not that bad.

EDIT: These bad boys were quality...

Posted Image

BN BN do-dooo-do-dododo. Forgot they existed, used to love them.

And do they still sell these anywhere on these isles?

Posted Image

Not that flavour in particular just Pop Tarts in general. Haven't seen them in years.

Edited by wandshogun09, 23 November 2011 - 07:10 AM.

iY97c.jpg

If I had that much money I'd be pampering myself the fuck up. I'd be having motherfuckers pampering my shit left and fucking right.

#118 ReturnOfTheMack

ReturnOfTheMack

Card Filler

• Paid Members
  • PipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:03 AM

Pop tarts? You can get them all over in Doncaster. Hell I think I may have a pack in my cupboard.

74 days from start to end.

#119 Kata Ha Jime

Kata Ha Jime

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

Oh, and during my recent trip to Amsterdam I enjoyed Chocomel and Blackcurrant Fanta which you don't get here, but they're both widely available outside of the UK.

Aldi sell them.

#120 Dead Mike

Dead Mike

Mid Carder

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Aldi sell them.

Is that fizzy choc-caramel flavoured pop? Sounds disgusting.