Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

That would just never work out would it? Colt Cabana is notoriously thin skinned. Proper Mick Foley level. Imagine Vince yelling at him for two hours?No job has been offered to him anyway. Commentary tryouts are different to a wrestler tryouts. They'll take a trainers word of if a wrestler is good. Since Vince thinks he's better than Solie and JR, Vince considers himself the master. So it all comes down to if Vince likes him. Not Steve Keirn. Cabana would have been one TNA should think about getting. Can't be worse than Taz or Kennelly.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter-- According to sources, Colt Cabana recently had two tryouts with WWE. The tryouts were set up by his friend CM Punk and were for a color commentator position.Prior to his release from WWE as "Scotty Goldman", he was a commentator in WWE developmental.

Cabana's trying his luck at commentating. In some ways it would make little sense for a character that isn't a WWE name to be in the booth but then again I'm sure many fans have forgotten about Matt Striker's in ring career.
speaking of matt striker‏@Matt_Striker_ Was just informed by @WWE that my contract will not be renewed. I am now available 4 appearances, signings seminars & wrestling. Deep breath

• Paid Members

I used to really like him both in the ring and on the mic as a wrestler when I used to watch him in the likes of 3PW and when he showed up on heat and feuded with Chavo as Kerwin White, 38 now though so chance of doing anything decent as a wrestler might have passed him by.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter-- According to sources, Colt Cabana recently had two tryouts with WWE. The tryouts were set up by his friend CM Punk and were for a color commentator position.Prior to his release from WWE as "Scotty Goldman", he was a commentator in WWE developmental.

Cabana's trying his luck at commentating. In some ways it would make little sense for a character that isn't a WWE name to be in the booth but then again I'm sure many fans have forgotten about Matt Striker's in ring career.
Historically there are numerous people hired as commentators to do color who weren't 'WWE names' - in the 1990s there was Michael Hayes as Dok Hendrix and Stan Lane. Paul Heyman in 2001, straight out of ECW too.

• Paid Members
Six years!! Almost as long as Austin and Kurt Angle. JTG has spent more time as an active wrestler in WWE than the following:Ricky SteamboatRick RudeUltimate WarriorRazor RamonKevin NashSidYokozunaMick FoleyBrock LesnarEddie GuerreroHow many Hall of Famers is that? Four? The rest are all certs to go in too, depending on an agreement being reached and all that bollocks. There's hope for JTG yet.

I used to really like him both in the ring and on the mic as a wrestler when I used to watch him in the likes of 3PW and when he showed up on heat and feuded with Chavo as Kerwin White, 38 now though so chance of doing anything decent as a wrestler might have passed him by.

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thought he was good. Admittedly he could be a right know it all knob on commentary when he wanted to be but when he was reined in I thought he did a good job. I really enjoyed his pairing with Todd Grisham on Smack Down. He was pretty decent as Big Daddy V's manager too. Saying that I can see why people thought he was a proper tosser tho, his "I'm marking out" line is still cringeworthy stuff of the highest order, but I always thought he came across as a decent bloke. Still, no big loss at the end of the day. Anybody reckon TNA will take him on?

• Paid Members

speaking of matt striker‏@Matt_Striker_ Was just informed by @WWE that my contract will not be renewed. I am now available 4 appearances, signings seminars & wrestling. Deep breath

It's "for", Striker, fucking hell, some teacher. :angry:
Only 140 character spaces on twitter as well.

There's plenty of ways to abbreviate that message without typing like a teenager though. For example, "My @WWE contract will not be renewed. Now available for appearances, signing, seminars & wrestling. Deep breath." or "Got shit-canned. Please employ me."Text speak should be avoided at all costs, I even cringe when reading my old MySpace stuff as a teen. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

• Paid Members

There's plenty of ways to abbreviate that message without typing like a teenager though. For example, "My @WWE contract will not be renewed. Now available for appearances, signing, seminars & wrestling. Deep breath." or "Got shit-canned. Please employ me."Text speak should be avoided at all costs, I even cringe when reading my old MySpace stuff as a teen. It's one of my biggest pet peeves.

MySpace, good lord I forgot that ever existed.