Iron Tooth Design

chrisisfear

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've absolutely no interest in British Wrestling whatsoever but I have to say some of the design work in this thread is tremendous. That poster above is fantastic. Good work sir!

Thanks, major compliment considering your honesty. I'm glad it's getting peoples attention though.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest GPW show poster is coming along nicely, can't reveal the name of theme yet but it's great.

Also notice quite a few promotion posters are looking veeery familiar to my work. I'll take it as a compliment. Those who don't innovate, imitate ;)

I'll be professional and keep my mouth shut :)

But what I will say, is people need to stop putting strokes and glows on cuts of wrestlers. It makes a poster look like it was designed by a 4 year old and really cheapens the final product. Only use it if it's in accordance with he theme of a poster, not because it will make the wrestler stand out. It only makes them stand out by showing how shoddy the person who cut it is (usually with the magic wand tool) and also just makes the wrestler look 2d.

I'm a firm believer that an promotional material should reflect the quality of the company, and if I'm honest, the only decent stuff I've seen seems to be from however works on the 4FW and IPW:UK stuff.

I'm a firm believer that an promotional material should reflect the quality of the company, and if I'm honest, the only decent stuff I've seen seems to be from however works on the 4FW and IPW:UK stuff.

With that one comment you've gone against what you've said. And in the process probably offended every company in the country apart from those two, so they're not going to hire you.

With that one comment you've gone against what you've said. And in the process probably offended every company in the country apart from those two, so they're not going to hire you.

I don't see how myself. Being unprofessional would be pointing out someone and saying "you're shit". I've just pointed out a poor design that people often use and commented on 2 companies who have decent designers. If you think I said that stuff as some sort of pathetic pitch to make them I hire me, I really didn't, it was just a personal observation/critique of something that happens a lot with the wrestling community, even when it just comes down to people designing sigs for their forum profiles.

If people are offended by that, that's fine as it's down to the individual. I doubt I've insulted every company in the country though, at best I hope it strives them to do better with their promotional media.

I don't see how myself. Being unprofessional would be pointing out someone and saying "you're shit". I've just pointed out a poor design that people often use and commented on 2 companies who have decent designers. If you think I said that stuff as some sort of pathetic pitch to make them I hire me, I really didn't, it was just a personal observation/critique of something that happens a lot with the wrestling community, even when it just comes down to people designing sigs for their forum profiles.

If people are offended by that, that's fine as it's down to the individual. I doubt I've insulted every company in the country though, at best I hope it strives them to do better with their promotional media.

You didn't just pick out two you think are good. You words were they are the only 'decent' ones. I find it an insult that you wouldn't class our graphics as 'decent'. They are a different style to yours but of excellent quality.

I didn't say your comment was a pitch. This whole thread is a pitch! That's the point.

You have insulted every company apart from those two because you said they're the only decent ones you've seen. So saying the rest you've seen aren't decent. Surely? I came in here with the intention of looking deeper into your work with the intention of perhaps offering you future work as your work is fantastic and has made a big difference to the GPW image IMO. Our designers are great and I'd never swap them but as we grow our demands increase and their time is stretched. But you've pretty much said I'm not a good promoter (in one area at least anyway) because I let NGW have less than 'decent' graphics. Which I find insulting. So I'm not going to rush out to pay you money, like I suspect many promoters.

You didn't just pick out two you think are good. You words were they are the only 'decent' ones. I find it an insult that you wouldn't class our graphics as 'decent'. They are a different style to yours but of excellent quality.

I didn't say your comment was a pitch. This whole thread is a pitch! That's the point.

You have insulted every company apart from those two because you said they're the only decent ones you've seen. So saying the rest you've seen aren't decent. Surely? I came in here with the intention of looking deeper into your work with the intention of perhaps offering you future work as your work is fantastic and has made a big difference to the GPW image IMO. Our designers are great and I'd never swap them but as we grow our demands increase and their time is stretched. But you've pretty much said I'm not a good promoter (in one area at least anyway) because I let NGW have less than 'decent' graphics. Which I find insulting. So I'm not going to rush out to pay you money, like I suspect many promoters.

Agreed, and graphics are not everything. GPW are a great company but the graphics didnt help the poor turn out last time. Its good that most companies dont use the same people and look different.

If you finding it insulting, so be it. I can't change that. I just feel that if a company wants to proclaim being the best in some location/style of wrestling/etc, then they need to look it. I was referring to quality in regards to visual communication, if a person unknown to a company sees a poster that looks professional, they're more inclined to take a punt on going. I'm not having a go at anyone's promoting skills, as you're getting your promotion across in the information of the poster as intended. I'm merely talking about quality of design within posters. It was a personal observation and you've jumped on it as an attack at all the UK companies promotional skills because their posters don't meet my expectations. I always set my expectations high for graphic design, as it's my job, has been for the best part of 10 years and it's something I love and strive to improve upon.

• 1 month later...

Archived