GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
I liked training up, but I dont think I ever got really fat in SA. In fact does anyone use the drinks machines, hotdog stands in the GTA games? Unless you're near death and far away from your house they were pointless.

I used them a few times, especially when I was in the Badlands as there was a convenience store around there that I used when I was doing the trucking missions. I think there was also a hot dog stand I used when doing gang territory stuff somewhere around a beach. Didn't use them that much, but they were useful to have around.

I'd like the Muscle, Fat, Sex Appeal etc Stats back, I loved having CJ jacked as fuck

The one thing I hated about GTA:SA was that. I don't want to play the fucking Sims.

As previously noted I'm no fan of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and the building up stats feature sucked the big one. I'm with you here.

• Paid Members

I really hated the "the more you drive the better your driving ability" in San Andreas. The guy's meant to be in his mid-20s and presumably already knows how to drive. How much is his driving going to improve in the course of a couple of months?

• Moderators
I really hated the "the more you drive the better your driving ability" in San Andreas. The guy's meant to be in his mid-20s and presumably already knows how to drive. How much is his driving going to improve in the course of a couple of months?

Plus it gave a lot of the missions in the first third this uneasy thing of simply having you fail because your, for example, uzi stats weren't high enough to get it done. There was one particular "shoot a bunch of people" mission pretty near the beginning that caused a lot of grief, until people figured out they just needed to get their gun stats higher so they could do more damage.

• Moderators
I thought it was stupid for driving, but I thought it was good for guns.

It's more logical, but it kinda fucks up the "do missions however you think fit" aspect of open world games, when you've got another factor thrown in, and have to go shoot at the sky for fifteen minutes until you've levelled up. The one good thing about that was duel wield.

• Paid Members

"Ridin’ with my top down, and my jewelry on

Hey, I’m just getting my hood on

I’m just, I’m just, doing my thing..."

If that came on the radio whilst driving, Guaranteed you'd nod your head in pimping approval

Edited by Mr Stu

• Paid Members

It would be nice to have something to do with money apart from spend it on weapons and body armour this time round. IIRC you could buy buildings in Vice City?

Buying gambling dens and bars ight be a good subplot. Getting a text to say you are being raided, and having to tear-arse over there to sort things out may be fun.