GTAV

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I am. It’s all I’ve played since its release. I got WWE 2K14 and Batman: Arkham Knight at around the same time and I’ve not touched them.

Only play the online mode. I reckon heists will become a next gen-only thing in a, "We said heists were coming, we just didn't specify which platform"-type announcement.

I only just got it last month so it's all still completely new to me, but really enjoying it. Having the multiple characters is a big plus. Not sure how through it I am (last one I did had Trevor jumping out of a plane and parachuting down) as I've just been playing it and not really explored the wider world for the hidden away missions

• Paid Members

I haven't played it for a couple of months as I have been re-playing Skyrim. But I could easily pick it up and piss around on it for ages. Such a fun game that you can squeeze so much time out of. I would've preferred more side missions ala Skyrim though, or even the taxi driver/emergency services side missions you had in the older games, or even more missions built around the properties you purchased. I think they missed a trick with the latter. Oh and there wasn't nearly enough heists considering they were banging on about them so much during the teaser trailers.

Online was a nightmare though I thought, you couldn't do shit without some bell-end chasing you down. Co-op was pretty much non-existent outside of organising something with a friend.

Online killed it for me.  I spent a few weeks trying to get into it, but with all the disconnections, cunts and bugs I gave up, and by that point I has lost interest in the single player mode.

• Paid Members

Same... I was really looking forward to online, but now I wonder why. We spent about £40 we don't have on some nice headphones, which I only ever use for watching films on the xbox when I can't sleep. I don't think that I'd sour on online play so much, but I think that these days I only want to play online with people that I know — I think I aged out listening to people who I don't know talking shite I don't understand.

I'm the opposite, I can't stand racing in GTA Online, and it's all every fucker playing it wants to do. Fuck off and play Gran Turismo or something.

On the odd occasion I end up going back online I tend to just spoil everyone else's fun. Two games my brother and I like playing is nicking a chopper and parachuting to the top of our apartment building and just camping there with our sniper sights on the pay and spray garage doors, taking out anyone who drives past.

The other, again at the pay and spray, park a car that has explosives in it right in front of the door, some people will ram it out of the way, some people will jump in and get blown up. Another variation is to conceal a sticky bomb on the underside of the door and set it off as people drive in. You'd be surprised by how many people fall for it.

Edited by neil is brill

I'm most probably picking up an Xbox One for the Master Chief Collection next week so I'm more than happy to shell out to replay GTA V again. I have not touched it since finishing the main story last year and it's about that time. The new overhauls will make it a blast all over and I'm definitely getting stuck into the online this time after being turned off by the amount of disaster stories last year.

On the subject of it's short term legacy I did get the sense that whilst people seemed happier overall with GTA V, the initial wow factor wore off and minor backlash came much faster than with IV which still more or less represented a full generational gap in the franchise.

A lot of the pond life that reneged on IV for being overtly darker in tone are the exact same people who thought GTA V was too off the wall by about Christmas last year. Not finding either game perfect is a pretty healthy attitude to have - when I saw it trash that UKFF countdown last time around I was thinking christ there is more to games to GTA - but fucking hell, at least be somewhat consistent about it.

People get really fickle about the series. Virtually every installment has been excellent in it's own slightly different way. I enjoyed the hell out of V and it still stands up, to me. Endless Trevor/Michael chatshow moments in the car rides aside.