RIOT!

big mickey

• Paid Members

I've largely been getting the odd bit of news from texts from friends who live there (I'm in the Finsbury Park area, not far from Tottenham); seems that the whole thing started with thugs hijacking a peaceful protest made by the family of the guy the police shot. As I understand it, they weren't protesting against the shooting, they were asking for information about what happened to him from the police, who were ignoring their request, hence the protest.

Basically, it wasn't the local community doing it, it was a bunch of gang cunts using it as an excuse to do what they want.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

More so a bunch of cunts in Wood Green, who just used the fact that the police were busy in Tottenham to smash in 20-odd shops and loot them. Which is fucking annoying.

It sums it all up that the main targets were mobile phone shops and sports shops. Amusingly, a shop called 'LOOT' was untouched.

As I understand it, they weren't protesting against the shooting, they were asking for information about what happened to him from the police, who were ignoring their request, hence the protest.

I understand that the family wanted to know what happened, but surely most sensible people would understand that it was going to take more than one day for the Police to collect statements and put the pieces together adequately. Mark Duggan was shot by Police on Thursday evening and the protest and subsequent riot occurred on Saturday, that means that the family must have spent all day Friday putting the word out about the protest. It seems strange that they'd decide that the Police "were ignoring them" and that the only course of action open to them was to protest.

Just been on BBC news that the family of Mark Duggan do not condone the riots. Scumbags.

Oh, and predictably it is the fault of the police for killing an innocent man and the council for closing down the youth centers etc.

Edited by CurryAngel

I live in Enfield and I have just been told to leave early from work. Alot of rioters were turning up in Enfield Town around half an hour ago, its gonna kick off there.

Edmonton is also on lock down.

Heard anything about the Hertford road? I'm not keen on getting a train from Ponders End at 10pm tomorrow night.

What sort of work do you do, Whiskey? Out of curiosity.

He mentioned earlier in the thread that he'd worked as a CSO, so I'd imagine dealing with "scum" is not an alien experience if that's what you're intending to imply.

Every post i've made in this thread should explain it to you but your so set on your agenda you have ignored the fact that unlike you i have lived and worked there for half my life, unlike you i still know people who live and work there.

It has everything to do with the internet as you would never meet someone from Tottenham in person so from your un burnt home you can spout all the conspiracy theories you like.

When your friend has had sawn off shot guns pointed at his head whilst the fella goes stay down ash, note he knew his name as the prick went into the shop every day, when your friends have been chased out of their jobs by gangs of large teenagers after witnessing people being stabbed in the head over some loose change, after being punched and watching kids as young as 14 pull knives out on the police. When you have lived in Tottenham and had to meet your girlfriend at her car as you were both scared to walk the 50 yards back to your house as the chances of you getting mugged are stupidly high, when you have been to my area as you put it, lived in it, experienced what the mentality is, then after all that i'll happily let you come on the internet and spout bollocks.

Do you think it's possible that rather than giving you some special clear-minded insight, living in the area so long with all those negative experiences could have clouded your vision of the problems in the area? People only behave like scum when they're treated like scum. Growing up in those surroundings entrenches that kind of behaviour.

He mentioned earlier in the thread that he'd worked as a CSO, so I'd imagine dealing with "scum" is not an alien experience if that's what you're intending to imply.

Do you think it's possible that rather than giving you some special clear-minded insight, living in the area so long with all those negative experiences could have clouded your vision of the problems in the area? People only behave like scum when they're treated like scum. Growing up in those surroundings entrenches that kind of behaviour.

Its totally possible and when living there it made me a very angry and bitter person towards them.

But i still stand everything i said. If you think these people act like this because of the way their treated then i'm sorry i totally disagree.

These kids and a lot of them are kids have zero respect for human life. I hear the excuses about how they can't get jobs and the police are horrible to them but there just that -excuses.

I lived in Tottenham, right opposite broadwater farm which if you aren't aware i suggest you google. I have no qualifications either. And yet i got jobs, i never broke the law, never got mistreated by the police either. Same as many other people i know from Tottenham and the surrounding areas. May i add on to that, London is different to places up north. When kids claim there are no jobs in say Liverpool for instance i can believe it. When they say there are no jobs in Tottenham, well fine maybe there isn't but there are plenty in London which Tottenham is a part of.

There is a culture amongst the kids in Tottenham, and it's not restricted to a certain colour either. They get into gangs, and have a real life rap song mentality. I've seen it first hand working in betting shops at how little they value human life when they want to make a quick buck. They also know that the police are severely under manned and pretty powerless so they get away with it for far too long which then encourages their younger brothers and cousins to join in as they see there elders getting what they want. I've seen drug runners as young as 12 with their boss being 16 for christ sake.

Last night and hopefully not tonight is about 2 things. The first is a community that is within the borough that has this warped sense of injustice because a known gun carrying drug dealer was shot so they're demanding immediate answers from an already severely streched police force who at the time were also trying to deal with a football match a mile down the road.

The second which is the one that really pisses me is that a load of pricks from all over took this opportunity to destroy a whole area, possibly kill people and ruin their lives all for a bit of fun and of course to make a quick buck. The area was already a broken down hell hole and now its totally destroyed.

Solutions? well first and foremost it needs at least double the amount of police and those police need more powers. I've met them mate, kids who will do what they want and openly tell you that the police or feds as they call them can't do nothing to them. Have police visable at all times and make drug dealing and their other ways of making money 100x harder.

I'd also knock down Broadwater farm.

Lastly and this is going to sound bias but let Spurs build the new ground and do everything needed to make it happen. A massive financial shot in the arm would attract more business'.

Often in these cases when people like me get all angry and people like you try and be more reasonable the law abiding people living amongst them get forgotten about. There are loads of great people in Tottenham from all over the world who just want to live a normal live. The sooner these criminals are driven out and away the better.