2438 replies to this topic

#46 spurs 4 life

spurs 4 life

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

No that's right, because they're scum incapable of communicating with other people. Silly me, I'll get back in line.

Ok mate whatever you say.

#47 King Pitcos

King Pitcos

World Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,055 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

You've asked two different questions now.

Yeah, you didn't answer the first one.

In terms of stop/search criteria I suggest you look it up yourself - I'm sure it'll be available online.

Can't find it, you'll have to give me a link. Or, y'know, your opinion on what criteria they should be using to stop and search people.
Are you aware, wherever you are, that you have just died?

#48 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

Can't find it, you'll have to give me a link. Or, y'know, your opinion on what criteria they should be using to stop and search people.

It's in the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE).

http://www.homeoffic...011?view=Binary
NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2008 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2009 NFL Predictions League Champion 2008

#49 Green

Green

Card Filler

• Paid Members
  • PipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

No that's right, because they're scum incapable of communicating with other people. Silly me, I'll get back in line.

What sort of work do you do, Whiskey? Out of curiosity.
Posted Image
"Like I told my last wife, I says, honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

#50 King Pitcos

King Pitcos

World Champion

• Members
  • 12,055 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

Cheers johnnyboy. So patrol cars are just stopping the people behaving suspiciously or acting on gathered intelligence rather than blanket racial stereotyping, then.

Edited by King Pitcos, 07 August 2011 - 01:02 PM.

#51 WildSybianRider

WildSybianRider

Backyarder

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

Cheers johnnyboy. So patrol cars are just stopping the people behaving suspiciously or acting on gathered intelligence rather than racial profiling, then.

That's what they're meant to do. But the legislation is hardly going to say "stop all niggers".

#52 The King Of Swing

The King Of Swing

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:03 PM

Christ I'm amongst the first people to call the police ot for acting out of line but even I can't deny that this was a by all accounts peacfull protest that was hijacked by a bunch of thugs.
Insert shit sig here.

#53 Deaq

Deaq

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:09 PM

They are reporting on the news that they have no idea if people have been killed in some of the fires in the flats. Just looks like a bunch of scum pissed off that the Police tried to police someone in the area.

#54 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:30 PM

Cheers johnnyboy. So patrol cars are just stopping the people behaving suspiciously or acting on gathered intelligence rather than blanket racial stereotyping, then.

"You fit a description" is a bit of a cop out for a stop and search (pun not genuinely intended). However, and you may have been alluding to it earlier, the prison population is also disproportionate.
NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2008 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2009 NFL Predictions League Champion 2008

#55 King Pitcos

King Pitcos

World Champion

• Members
  • 12,055 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:42 PM

That's what they're meant to do. But the legislation is hardly going to say "stop all niggers".

Why would they be stopping all "niggers" anyway?

#56 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,822 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

Why would they be stopping all "niggers" anyway?

Because they're racist pigs!

#57 WildSybianRider

WildSybianRider

Backyarder

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:54 PM

That's not what I said. More that stop and searches have a staggeringly low rate of conviction and - allied with the statistics Whiskey already posted that a disproportionate number of searches are of minorities - I don't think it's a stretch to say they can easily be seen as antagonistic towards (particularly socioethnic) communities. Efforts to reduce recorded data about stop and search powers certainly don't help.

#58 King Pitcos

King Pitcos

World Champion

• Members
  • 12,055 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

I don't think it's a stretch to say they can easily be seen as antagonistic towards (particularly socioethnic) communities.

Towards what purpose?

#59 big mickey

big mickey

Backyarder

• Account Disabled
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

To be fair to the stop & searches though, a lot of the major troubles in the areas do seem to be revolved around a gang culture in young black males.
Posted Image

#60 The King Of Swing

The King Of Swing

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

Problem is when the Police use their powers they are being heavy handed but when they hold back you then have people complaining that they are too soft, Justice Secretary Ken Clarke is an utter cock but he probably has one of the worst positions in the Government.
Insert shit sig here.