73 replies to this topic

#61 Loki

Loki

Inter-Continental Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Luckily for them that you'd bothered to learn Mandarin and Cantonese then?

#62 WildSybianRider

WildSybianRider

Backyarder

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

I went to Oxford (SJ College) and lasted just over a term until I dropped out and came back to do my degree in Lpool. I wasn't ready for it at all as an eighteen yo, turned up with the wrong attitude altogether and despised it. I think if I'd left it a year (I grew up a lot as soon as I left school), it might have been alright. But I have no regrets. It pisses me off that they told me I missed the cut for a master's, though. "Course places already filled". I think they just can't handle rejection.

#63 Teedy Kay

Teedy Kay

Card Filler

• Paid Members
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Or if you bothered to read the first line of my post to give you some sort of clue how comms were achieved.

kligcole.jpg

#64 d-d-d-dAz

d-d-d-dAz

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I've got a first in Politics/Journalism and I've just finished my Masters degree in International Relations/Political Economics from Warwick Uni (which, as they'll constantly remind you is apparently a big deal). Has it helped me in search for work? Has it fuck. Increasingly feeling like the biggest waste of my time.

#65 Loki

Loki

Inter-Continental Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Or if you bothered to read the first line of my post to give you some sort of clue how comms were achieved.

Ok..

My actual class had THREE people in it, me, a fella called Mark that was SO overbearingly gay (10 x Louie Spence) it creeped me out a bit, and Dave, a fella from China whose actual name was Dave, alas, he couldn't speak English.

Uh... you communicated via the medium of gay body language? Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

#66 Mr. Seven

Mr. Seven

Resident Music Nazi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

How about people who dropped out of.... attending their graduation ceremonies? I graduated last year but couldn't bring myself to attend the formalities. I made some friends and got on with the majority of my class but the whole thing was just a means to an end for me. I went to university with a pre-conception that students were annoying cunts and nothing I saw in three years made me change my mind.

#67 Devon Malcolm

Devon Malcolm

Best In The Off-Topic World 2010 (with Frankie!) & 2011

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,210 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

How about people who dropped out of.... attending their graduation ceremonies? I graduated last year but couldn't bring myself to attend the formalities. I made some friends and got on with the majority of my class but the whole thing was just a means to an end for me. I went to university with a pre-conception that students were annoying cunts and nothing I saw in three years made me change my mind.

I didn't go to mine. Couldn't be arsed, really.

#68 eugenespeed

eugenespeed

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Didn't drop out, but.... Fucked up my A-Levels Rang Uni and asked nicely (seriously) Got in Was at Sunderland for 3 years Graduated Degree did fuck all. That said, I enrolled on one course and graduated on a different one, it changed half way through, some lecturers during the first year were useless, one was an alcoholic, horrible time and a waste of three years. I have a degree, it cost me 10,000, I'd rather have a pasty.

Widden Pallets 

#69 johnnyboy

johnnyboy

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

How about people who dropped out of.... attending their graduation ceremonies?

I wasn't massively fussed either way, but my mum wanted to go and it was no bother to me.
NFL Fantasy League Champion 2007 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2008 NFL Fantasy League Champion 2009 NFL Predictions League Champion 2008

#70 Teedy Kay

Teedy Kay

Card Filler

• Paid Members
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Ok..

My actual class had THREE people in it, me, a fella called Mark that was SO overbearingly gay (10 x Louie Spence) it creeped me out a bit, and Dave, a fella from China whose actual name was Dave, alas, he couldn't speak English.

Uh... you communicated via the medium of gay body language? Otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

Because life at University is confined to lectures! Grow up!

kligcole.jpg

#71 freaky

freaky

No. 1 Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

How about people who dropped out of.... attending their graduation ceremonies?

I wasn't massively fussed either way, but my mum wanted to go and it was no bother to me.

Same here. I wasn't that bothered about it as I'd mentally checked out of uni after moving out of my student digs, but it was important to my parents.

We didn't even get a graduation ball as someone had embezzled the money.

rb.jpg

In the latest WOW Podcast,
HEIDI LOVELACE on death matches, beating Eddie Kingston, CHIKARA and working a lesbian storyline on a Christian TV station

Website Twitter Facebook Shop

#72 Halitosis Romantic

Halitosis Romantic

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I have a degree, it cost me 10,000, I'd rather have a pasty.

I have a degree AND a pasty. I'm living the dream.
Posted Image

#73 garynysmon

garynysmon

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hated it - had to go through clearing, moved to fucking Bangor, and had awful homesickness. Worth it in the end, though.

:angry:
Posted Image

#74 Micken

Micken

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

I dropped out of the RSAMD when it was still called that after 1.5 years studying BA Production & Technical Theatre The reason I dropped was mainly due to the amount of work I was getting that interfered with Uni and the fact I didn't feel like I was learning anything to be turning this work down that was in my field of study. My job is all about experiance, I managed to work myself up to a manager for all the major UK festivals and for the last 2.5 years I have travelled to 33 countries as a Stage & Production Manager for a major U.S company. Several of these countries I have been to several places. It's been great fun going through lots of European countries to Russia which I loved, visiting places like Israel was a great experiance and now I'm on my way to the Bahamas as I type and I'll be there tomorrow...Atlantis here I come! Although I still got qualifications from Uni, it wasn't a degree. It hasn't stopped me doing what I do.