160 replies to this topic

#1 Zebra Kid Mark

Zebra Kid Mark

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

I know there was a thread on here a while back saying how Sky had got all the rights to show HBO content but I thought I would start a fresh topic as opposed to bumping it.

A new channel will be launched in the UK for all Sky customers showing HBO content. It is launched the 1st of February and it looks pretty epic.

http://tv.sky.com/sk...anticTeaserJan7

What shows are you looking forward to seeing (providing you haven't downloaded them)?

Any of you downloaders out there feel less inclined to download and more inclined to watch on TV?

#2 CleetusVanDamme

CleetusVanDamme

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

Oz and Deadwood re-runs please!. Edit. The upcoming George Foreman HBO film with Ernest Miller as the lead would be nice too.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme, 07 January 2011 - 07:38 PM.

2wq7reg.jpg

"THEY WANTED THE CLOWNS!"

#3 Your Fight Site

Your Fight Site

Inter-Continental Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:25 PM

What shows are you looking forward to seeing (providing you haven't downloaded them)?

TNA iMPACT!
Posted Image

#4 Cobra1000

Cobra1000

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

I hate watching stuff on my laptop so hopefully seeing Treme, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire on TV will be good. Also I read it is the home of HBO and Mad Men, so Sky clearly got the rights from BBC!

Edited by Cobra1000, 07 January 2011 - 07:26 PM.

Check out my wrestling articles on WhatCulture! and iSportsTimes or visit my blog The Sunset Flip

#5 JoeyBlayze

JoeyBlayze

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

As a Virgin Media customer I can honestly say, I'm fucking gutted. I'd happily pay extra for this channel.

#6 David

David

RSS News Feed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,476 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:32 PM

I'm looking forward to rewatching the Sopranos, as i'm sure I missed a few episodes here & there. As has already been mentioned, OZ in HD would be nice.

#7 King Pitcos

King Pitcos

World Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,103 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

Was Oz shot/mastered in HD? Seems too old.
Are you aware, wherever you are, that you have just died?

#8 TildeGuy~!

TildeGuy~!

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,962 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

I've seen the first season of Boardwalk Empire...I'd recommend it!

Posted Image

#9 CAREBEAR LUVVA

CAREBEAR LUVVA

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

The new series of Curb Your Enthusiasm would be most welcome.
My username is a punishment :(

Oh dear. You didn't read the thread.

#10 Snake Plissken

Snake Plissken

Mid Carder

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Rome would be good too.

Posted Image

The time has come.

Screen One

#11 Sergio Bellend

Sergio Bellend

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

I can't wait for this channel to be honest. I know its barbaric in these days, but I rarely download TV programmes and tend to wait for them to come on TV, and with a lot of stuff like Lost and 24, it's not mattered with a couple of days wait. Because of that I haven't seen Boardwalk Empire or Treme yet, and those look really good. It's not all HBO stuff though, Mad Men from AMC will be shown next year from the start which is smashing, I only caught the first series of that when it was repeated last year. Apparently they might also have stuff from Showtime as well in the future. I remember seeing some promo stuff for the channel late last year, and it said they would be repeating the entire series' of The Wire, X Files and The Sopranos later on, but I don't think there was any mention of Oz. They've got the entire back catalogue rights, so I'd imagine it'll pop up eventually.
Y'all should check out my blog on sports broadcasting. Definitely worth a bookmark...

tellysports

#12 HarmonicGenerator

HarmonicGenerator

UKFF Battle Rap Winner 2012

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

Boardwalk Empire is the main draw for me, but I'd love them to show The Wire from the start. I've begun watching that multiple times, then miss one episode and it's game over, return to start.

#13 TUFCfan

TUFCfan

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing what Treme and Broadwalk Empire are like as well as the new season of Entourage. I'm also looking forward to watching season four of Weeds, which is finally going to be shown in this country, though it's funny that it's on a Sky channel as they were the ones who didn't pick it up again after showing the third season a while ago.

Edited by jerichoholictufcfan, 07 January 2011 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

#14 JNLister

JNLister

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,312 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Was Oz shot/mastered in HD? Seems too old.

Oz wasn't even in widescreen.
New: Pro Wrestling Books Blog - A-Z list of reviews at http://www.prowrestl....com/reviews-z/

My books (Turning The Tables: The Story of Extreme Championship Wrestling, Greetings Grapple Fans and Slamthology) at Amazon.

My professional site: John Lister Writing

#15 CAREBEAR LUVVA

CAREBEAR LUVVA

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

If they're showing AMC stuff I hope we get the next season of Breaking Bad. I can't fucking wait for that one.
My username is a punishment :(

Oh dear. You didn't read the thread.