SOUTHSIDE present - TWO SHOWS IN ONE DAY - 10th Oct - SHEFFIELD

Southside crew

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

It hasn't fell that I've been able to get to Southside yet this year, so really looking forward to my first show since last November's Supershow. As we haven't been we've gone for the full day this time, are doors 1.30 for the afternoon? And what time is the afternoon likely to finish?

It hasn't fell that I've been able to get to Southside yet this year, so really looking forward to my first show since last November's Supershow. As we haven't been we've gone for the full day this time, are doors 1.30 for the afternoon? And what time is the afternoon likely to finish?

From FB:

TIMES FOR THIS SATURDAY IN NOTTINGHAM:

Day of Reckoning 3 (afternoon show)

Doors Open: 1.30pm

Show Starts: 2.30pm

End Time: 4.30pm (approx)

Menance II Society (Evening show)

Doors Open: 6.00pm

Show Starts: 7.00pm

End Time: 10-10.30pm (approx)

• Paid Members

Heading up from Sussex for this right now! I always seem to be able to make Southside at this time of year, and today looks super strong (no pun intended) on paper

• Paid Members

Great shows yesterday, the end to Haskins vs End was odd but I don't know the full story going in and its going towards an end game.

The main was great, it felt big (heading towards comically ott) but it straddled a great line and felt like both a big and important moment whilst also being a huge ball of great fun and not being too super cereal.

My expectations for the match weren't too high so to get such a great fun match which had me rooting for Kay Lee more then any one in a long time was super.

Osprey can't half fucking shift can't he. Sometimes the odd bit felt too graceful, a bit too smooth, but that's just my personal taste which isn't going to be everyone's, but fuck me good on him.

Dunn I've never been a massive fan of, and I still felt disappointed yesterday. That gear of his is just shocking too.

Robbie X, Mandrews & Stixx were class as ever and I loved seeing Sabin and Strong. Not seen much of them for a few years but really enjoyed seeing them.

If the cunts sat up by the merch stands who can't handle a drink and who seemed misinformed and ignorant of any sort of basic level of knowledge most fans build by watching and enjoying wrestling and yet still seemed to consider themselves some sort of insider smarks could fuck off and catch AIDS that would be super.

• Paid Members

If the cunts sat up by the merch stands who can't handle a drink and who seemed misinformed and ignorant of any sort of basic level of knowledge most fans build by watching and enjoying wrestling and yet still seemed to consider themselves some sort of insider smarks could fuck off and catch AIDS that would be super.

I was sitting near them.  Their craic was awful, same few shite jokes repeated over and over again.

I thought the show was a bit average up until the last two matches which were superb and made the event well worth going to alone.  I usually go to Southside for the imports but will certainly be coming back to see more of Flips and Forearms and the Hunter Bros

• Paid Members

I was sitting near them.  Their craic was awful, same few shite jokes repeated over and over again.

I thought the show was a bit average up until the last two matches which were superb and made the event well worth going to alone.  I usually go to Southside for the imports but will certainly be coming back to see more of Flips and Forearms and the Hunter Bros

Did you go to the afternoon show as well? There were some corking stuff on across both, a blinder for the price.

Seems harsh...

Could only make the day show yesterday but had good fun. P Dunne's gear definitely needs updating. Four man match was good, and felt the two men in the ring helped the opening stages but would have liked to see it with all four men for a bit longer!

There was some shocking and downright rude chanting going on from the Merch Table Trolls however didn't spoil the shows - I think the low point for me was Jannetty - I love the Rockers and I think he would have been better placed as a manager/mentor for Starbux or Flips and Forearms - but hey my opinion I know a lot of people were super happy he wrestled.  

KLR/Kirby match was amazing overbooked joy.  I look forward to seeing that one again and again.  

Also how over did Tyler Bate get?  man that guy is gold.  

Overall the Saturdays shows were well worth the money and then some - cannot wait for October.

• Paid Members

Just to mention I did ask somebody to leave for the remarks / chants that he made as tbh they were rude and simply not needed.

Over the weekend we sold over 1100 tickets , very happy but still think we have room to improve :)

Thank you to everyone them came out to support us and the fantastic roster / crew involved !

Archived