The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

That doesn't necessarily mean anything.

There's one for me and my company too, and believe me, its way off the mark of my actual earnings...

To stay on topic, Ive been a reader of Powerslam from the start, and SOW since issue 4. Think Ive only ever missed one or two issues in that whole time. I used to sit and read the whole magazine in one sitting, but over the last year or so, I've struggled to finish an issue before the next one came out, so from my point of view, its the right time for it to stop. It had a great run.

Thanks Fin, best of luck in your future endeavours.

But surely he's the only full time Powerslam employee? I'm guessing most that cash is his.

Exactly! Can't see him having much overheads/costs to publish a magazine, and with minimal wages to pay - to accumulate nearly

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bought the last ever PowerSlam. Felt a bit sad really, remembering all those years where I'd go out of my way just to get hold of it.

Unfortunately it's the same as it's been the last few years. Bright, well written and with interesting articles. Ruined by the excruciating whining of an author how presumably was anally raped by John Cena in the past.

I still find it incredibly odd how Fin lays the blame at the feet of John Cena for "sins" that should clearly be laid at the feet of the booking squad or the McMahons.

Is Fin that thick? Obviously. If he doesn't like the ending to a film, does he blame the actor?

Cena isn't Hulk Hogan, Fin. Sorry to have to break that to you.

Edited by tiger_rick

Bought the last ever PowerSlam. Felt a bit sad really, remembering all those years where I'd go out of my way just to get hold of it.

Unfortunately it's the same as it's been the last few years. Bright, well written and with interesting articles. Ruined by the excruciating whining of an author how presumably was anally raped by John Cena in the past.

I still find it incredibly odd how Fin lays the blame at the feet of John Cena for "sins" that should clearly be laid at the feet of the booking squad or the McMahons.

Is Fin that thick? Obviously. If he doesn't like the ending to a film, does he blame the actor?

Cena isn't Hulk Hogan, Fin. Sorry to have to break that to you.

Power Slam's one of those things that you expect to be around forever and despite not having read it for a few years, I'm still sad to see it go.

The end of 2014 is going to look very different to the beginning of the year.

- No Power Slam

- No WWE magazine

- New WWE logo

- Network

- Undertaker's streak ended

- Sting in WWE

- No CM Punk

- Ultimate Warrior's death

- New UKFF logo and skin

Edited by Undefeated Steak

Add to that list a disbanded Shield. I don't think many people imagined them breaking up, well not when they did. That then had other events springing off it such as Seth Rollins winning the Money in the Bank and may have other repercussions such as if Rollins cashes in and becomes Champion. Also it looks likely that Reigns will be getting a big push now too so a bit of a shake up with how the upper card looked at the start of the year with departures (Punk) and injuries (Bryan) and then new guys coming up to take those spots (Rollins, Reigns already having got pushes and looking as though they will be getting more and I think likely candidates for big pushes by the end of the year are Ambrose, Cesaro, Bray and possibly one or two guys who may be in this new Nation of Domination type group). Plus you have the obvious news of TNA, whether or not they will end up getting a TV contract for Impact by the end of their current contract which finishes around October may have great repercussions on what state TNA are in as a company by the end of the year, whether or not they will even be around in 2015 at all.

what number is the final issue? , only one place around here sells it but sometimes has months old issues sat on the shelf, i'll buy the last one to say farewell to it

issue 237

Sad to see it go, bought it regularly for the 15 years, but FSM is far superior these days and the articles (the recent issue with the Brian Dixon interview is fantastic) are far better. The constant Cena sniping was ridiculous, his name would be brought up in pieces that had absolutely nowt to do with him.

Print media really is done in wrestling which is sad because my fave memories was going into town and each time Id come home with a different mag. Even PWI is reduced to 6 issues a year, and The Wrestler/Inside Wrestling have become 1 and is published 2-3 times a year.

Print media really is done in wrestling which is sad because my fave memories was going into town and each time Id come home with a different mag. Even PWI is reduced to 6 issues a year, and The Wrestler/Inside Wrestling have become 1 and is published 2-3 times a year.

I guess the problem is that wrestling news is reported in seconds online, sometimes by the wrestlers themselves thanks to Facebook and the like. 

Wrestler interviews are saved for shoots, which you can peice together on youtube, or podcasts, which are free. 

So, that just leaves opinions and reviews, and I'd put a lot of the analysis up on here against some of the similar writings in powerslam and definately what I saw in the early days of FSM, though I haven't read the more recent stuff.  Any idiot with a keyboard and an amazon account can get a book on wrestling published

Its a pity, I do love the smell of a newly purchased mag on a train journey, but its the way of the world I guess.  Got me into the ROH liverpool show I guess, as my mate won tickets. 

what number is the final issue? , only one place around here sells it but sometimes has months old issues sat on the shelf, i'll buy the last one to say farewell to it

issue 237

All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy. All work and no play makes Fin a dull boy.