THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Admin

We had a lot of spam bots in the last few months, hopefully we've banned them all but if you see any others do report them. I've changed the sign up process slightly to combat this.

They're getting smarter though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I was sat outside Pound Bakery yesterday, watching the unwashed heading into the pawnbrokers to sell their grandma's gold and queuing happily for the chance to play Russian Roulette with their health at the Gabbotts Farm hot counter, when, possibly caught up in the ambience of the setting..... I found myself wondering whatever happened to Flaming June.

• Paid Members

All of a sudden, embedded videos aren't appearing for me - I just get big, blank spaces in the posts where they should be. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone know how to fix this?

• Admin

Yeah I switched us over to HTTPS everywhere, should make things a little snappier and of course means full encryption. There were issues with YouTube embeds which should be fixed now. As far as embedded images go you'll need to perhaps use the HTTPS URL which most sharing services provide now for you.

If there's a common image sharing service in existing posts that's causing a problem let me know and I'll see if I can automatically rewrite those.

Edit: Actually images should still load, but the browser will just warn you about mixed content, so not going to tinker with that for now.

The "If you can't say something nice" thread seems to be a bit fucked. I couldn't view it at all on my iPhone last night, kept saying the page doesn't exist when I clicked on it. Now today I can open it sometimes on my iPad, but not all the time. It'll maybe open once every 5 attempts.

The "If you can't say something nice" thread seems to be a bit fucked. I couldn't view it at all on my iPhone last night, kept saying the page doesn't exist when I clicked on it. Now today I can open it sometimes on my iPad, but not all the time. It'll maybe open once every 5 attempts.

Same here

• Admin

Possibly something to do with the ellipsis character in the title messing up in some browsers, I've reformatted it to remove that from the URL, so maybe that will make a difference.

For what it's worth, I have no issues loading that thread either way.