Jon Venables back in prison

Mr. Seven

Why would the justice office bother with a press release though ?

They've spent hundreds of thousands, i would imagine, giving him a new life and identity. The press have a lifetime banning order on them discussing the identity or whereabouts so technically Jon Venbales doesn't exist anymore except to a close circle of people within the legal system and the social departments.

This will just start off all this crazy stuff from a few years ago when there were people claiming they were served by him in McDonalds or were playing 5 a sides against him. All we need is a News Of The World "WHAT MONSTER MAY LOOK LIKE NOW" headline with a 'artists impression' resembling someone from the Guess Who? board game.

Apparently Bulgers mum tracked down the other lad after some tip-offs a few years ago and managed to located him but couldn't bring herself to confront him face-to-face and planned to do the same with Venables. I remember reading on release that they apparently detested each other when they were locked up so i would be surprised if he's tried to get back in touch with Thomson.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A girl from round where I live always used to say she got off with a lad years ago and he ended up cutting himself on some glass by accident at his flat, so they went to hospital and on his chart it said "Child A" where his name should be, it's almost certainly bollocks but it never stopped us singing "shagged a psycho" to the tune of Rock the Casbah everytime she walked in the pub

He and Thompson should have been hung after being found guilty.

When they were fucking 10 years old?? Are you really Gary Bushell?

Yes, I would have had no problem with them being executed as 11 year olds. If that was too much to stomach, then they could have been imprisoned until they were 16 or 18 and then hung. When I was 10 years old I knew that killing another person was one of the worst things you could ever do so I don't buy the argument that these evil boys did not know of the consequences for what they did. They even tried to cover it up FFS! If you deliberately go out to kill some one and take their life, you must be ready to lose yours.

However seeing that this country has come to this state, the minimum that must happen to Jon Venables is that if he is ever released from prison again, he no longer should have anonymity rights. Since he broke this release licence and betrayed the protection given to him by the state, he should not expect the state's protection any more.

Hold on a fucking minute here.

These were children. Ten year old children. They weren't even old enough for secondary school. No child of ten has a full understanding of what he or she is doing, because they're so easily impressed. There are ten year old children who still believe in Santa Claus. Why should you expect ten year olds to have any more sophisticated a grasp of reality in other areas?

Never mind though, let's HANG THEM because the SUN says to.

I know/knew 10 year olds who were fully aware of the world and were still evil little fuckwits. Oh sure its because of how they were brought up (usually, though I have known people brought up well turn out to be dicks), but it doesnt stop them being evil.

That said, I agree that it would be more important to try to rehabilitate them from the shitty upbringing, at least give them the chance to change the direction they are taking. I feel the same about the 2 kids here in doncaster, what they did was evil, but they didnt have much of a chance with how their mum and dad treat them.

It's a difficult issue; of course the parents in both cases are contemptible cunts who should be strung up, but IMO some people, kids or not, are just wired wrong - the capability to do something as evil as that has to be there in the first place, because there are plenty of people who've had shitty upbringings and yet don't murder or torture small children.

For that reason, there has to be an element of punishment as well as rehabilitation in these sentences - like it or not, they are culpable for their actions and need to know that they'll have consequences. Allowing both of those men to live their entire adult lives as free men is no punishment at all, in my opinion. The fact that Venables has apparently gone on to re-offend seems to show that he's not yet been effectively taught that his actions will have consequences.

Erm, they were punished. They were sentenced and served their time. They'll have to live with the guilt for the rest of their lives. Do you really think Thomson and Venebles are living the high life now, chuckling about their youthful indiscretion? You say 're-offend', like he's gone out and killed another kid. He could have just failed to report back to the prison on time or something, y'know.

• Paid Members
Hold on a fucking minute here.

These were children. Ten year old children. They weren't even old enough for secondary school. No child of ten has a full understanding of what he or she is doing, because they're so easily impressed. There are ten year old children who still believe in Santa Claus. Why should you expect ten year olds to have any more sophisticated a grasp of reality in other areas?

Never mind though, let's HANG THEM because the SUN says to.

On the other hand lets give them short jail time, let them go spend a load of tax money and set them up with new lives.

I still fail to see what part of the planned murder you dont see? It wasnt a accident they planned it they even tried to take another little boy hours before they took james. 10 or not that is a plan they worked on it for a while then made it happen.

They knew what they where doing even down to as i said chucking his body on the tracks in a vain effort to hide what they had done. If as you claim they have no understanding of what they did why did they try and hide it?

If it makes you feel any better hang them now beacuse they arnt 10?

So what your saying is if a 10 yearold kills someone he/she should be left to get away with it because they are 10? wheres the line drawn? 13? 14?

• Paid Members

You don't know the circumstances in which these children were raised. Just because you were taught the difference between right & wrong & had consciences parents that cared & took an interest in your upbringing doesn't mean they did. Can you remember being 10 years old? Fair enough we're talking about possibly the most extreme circumstances imaginable but to treat an (obviously highly troubled) 10 year old as an adult of sound mind is ridiculous.

• Paid Members
I still fail to see what part of the planned murder you dont see?

No-one misunderstands the circumstances. No-one has tried to justify the crime one bit. It's fucking horrendous, it was then and it is now. I had to look away from the news on TV last night because that CCTV footage still haunts me.

The fact still remains that they were children. As Moj points out, 10 year olds believe in Santa Clause so it's not difficult to see how such a shallow mind could be corrupted enough to perform such a hideous crime. My question is still "How the hell were they allowed to develop into such animals?". I haven't read one single good response to that yet.

Heard on the radio this morning that there was a similar crime in Norway not long after. A 5 year old girl was battered to death by three boys even younger than these two and they tried to bury the body in the Snow. They were back at school within the month. I wonder where they are now?

• Paid Members
I still fail to see what part of the planned murder you dont see?

No-one misunderstands the circumstances. No-one has tried to justify the crime one bit. It's fucking horrendous, it was then and it is now. I had to look away from the news on TV last night because that CCTV footage still haunts me.

The fact still remains that they were children. As Moj points out, 10 year olds believe in Santa Clause so it's not difficult to see how such a shallow mind could be corrupted enough to perform such a hideous crime. My question is still "How the hell were they allowed to develop into such animals?". I haven't read one single good response to that yet.

Heard on the radio this morning that there was a similar crime in Norway not long after. A 5 year old girl was battered to death by three boys even younger than these two and they tried to bury the body in the Snow. They were back at school within the month. I wonder where they are now?

Much better response than Kiffys. Kif, read what i wrote? At what age do they stop being children?

Rick your quite right that they must have been corrupted and you can only point at the people that looked after them. However once they have set down that path IMO there is no way back for them. Do i feel sorry for them? In part for the people that failed to spot the problems that where growing in the boys. As adults they have been given a life they took and for that i dont agree. Should they have been hanged? probably the murder was about as brutal as it could get and was clearly planned. However that rases the issue of killing a child. Which in turn makes another point. Keep them locked up until 20? then kill them?

Shady area. One thing is clear justice was not carried out in the 8 years they spent playing games all day. As adults they should atleast be forced to explain the actions they carried out and live with the names they where born with not least so people can know whos living next to them, dating their daughter, or worse still baby sitting the kids.

As for Norway i have not read or seen any of report so i cant judge.

Im sure lots of people have had worse upbringing than these two and have not turned into baby killers.

Edited by quote the raven