Pro-Wrestling:EVE News & Events Thread

DannRead

The Nikita/Britani match was particularly good in the first taping, which was let-down by the young Knights performance in the second. Britani's match with Jetta was painful to watch, but not for the right reasons. I cringed when Britani (the face) came out for the match, complaining about being tired, slouching, advising the audience that 'its ok, we only have to go 6 minutes', and that she couldn't be bothered with her usual 'clap me' routine, as she was, again, too tired. This was a shame, as it was pretty unprofessional behaviour from a member of such a professional family. She has HUGE potential, but whether this was an off-night, or mass ego, I hope she can keep her mouth in check in future.

Dear Mr Thumpsquids,

I only echo what a good match Blue Nikita vs Britani Knight was, however There is no way that you can call Britani Knight unprofessional or egotistical considering she's just done a hard hitting match with Blue Nikita there is no wonder she came out as you call it tired and slouching or as i call it SELLING, while i can't see the booking logic of putting Britani on just after she's wrestled a match of Blue Nikita's calibre however at least Ms. Knight sold the injury she sustained during the match before into the second lighter hearted match with Jetta who to be fair was also joking and larking around during the match, as for the only 6 minutes comment, I didn't hear it maybe you were just looking a little too hard for an excuse to slag somebody off on a fan forum.

maybe sir you should get you facts straight before you make silly allegations of unprofessional behaviour again.

On another note Sweet Saraya vs Blue Nikita was one of the most brutal matches i've ever seen live, I didn't even know who the Gladiator girl was but considering that was her first match she did well and Becky James showed a lot of fire I hope to see more her in the future well done EVE a wonderful first show I hope to see more.

Ta for now.

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Nikita/Britani match was particularly good in the first taping, which was let-down by the young Knights performance in the second. Britani's match with Jetta was painful to watch, but not for the right reasons. I cringed when Britani (the face) came out for the match, complaining about being tired, slouching, advising the audience that 'its ok, we only have to go 6 minutes', and that she couldn't be bothered with her usual 'clap me' routine, as she was, again, too tired. This was a shame, as it was pretty unprofessional behaviour from a member of such a professional family. She has HUGE potential, but whether this was an off-night, or mass ego, I hope she can keep her mouth in check in future.

Dear Mr Thumpsquids,

I only echo what a good match Blue Nikita vs Britani Knight was, however There is no way that you can call Britani Knight unprofessional or egotistical considering she's just done a hard hitting match with Blue Nikita there is no wonder she came out as you call it tired and slouching or as i call it SELLING, while i can't see the booking logic of putting Britani on just after she's wrestled a match of Blue Nikita's calibre however at least Ms. Knight sold the injury she sustained during the match before into the second lighter hearted match with Jetta who to be fair was also joking and larking around during the match, as for the only 6 minutes comment, I didn't hear it maybe you were just looking a little too hard for an excuse to slag somebody off on a fan forum.

maybe sir you should get you facts straight before you make silly allegations of unprofessional behaviour again.

On another note Sweet Saraya vs Blue Nikita was one of the most brutal matches i've ever seen live, I didn't even know who the Gladiator girl was but considering that was her first match she did well and Becky James showed a lot of fire I hope to see more her in the future well done EVE a wonderful first show I hope to see more.

Ta for now.

I'm liking the formality here!

I made no comments on any 'facts', so I feel that I don't need to get any of them 'straight', as you say, silly or otherwise. I was offering my opinion only. I had and have no intention of slagging anyone off, and I don't believe I did. Positive and constructive critism makes me a better person, and I'm sorry you can't take it as such. It does take a special certain something to do so. I hope you find that someday.

For me, 'selling' has nothing to do with not taking a match seriously. I am a big fan of the Knight family, the only reason I made comment on this particular member, was out of disapointment on this particular match. While much of the audience was made up of readers of this forum, I would hope that some part of it would be local trade, and those wrestling fans that saw/heard the advertising. Possibly new and interested fans, who may not know the wrestlers. The more professional a product appears to them, the more tickets you'll sell, surely.

I hate this kind of stuff. Firstly, everyone should be allowed an opinion and secondly, she did say the six minute thing not once but twice. It'll be audible on the DVD so it makes no sense arguing otherwise. My way of looking at it is, in all likelihood, that may well have been the last time two friends faced each other so they decided to enjoy themselves out there. No, in strict terms it wasn't what you'd ideally see in a wrestling bout but with Jetta retiring, you've got to let her enjoy herself bowing out after what she's given over the years. Plus, Brittany vs Blue Nikita was quite simply a breathtaking match and worth the entrance fee on its own so you can't complain too much.

Aside from the aforementioned above match, Alpha Female is awesome. She's like the female Brock Lesnar. Apparently people have been saying bad things about her. I'm sure they'll come around once they've come off the crack they're smoking. Enjoyed the catch bout, want to see more of team Storm and enjoyed Saraya Knight. She's kinda like the female Undertaker, she just has that aura. I'd like to have seen the main event given more time though.

As a d

Few pictures taken on the day with more to come...

Photos courtesy of www.BritishWrestlingPictures.com and Last Chance Photography

_MG_2212-1.jpg

_MG_2164.jpg

_MG_1936.jpg

_MG_1840.jpg

_MG_1805.jpg

_MG_1832.jpg

_MG_2436.jpg

_MG_2923.jpg

BritaniKnightTopRopeElbowDrop.jpg

_MG_2923.jpg

_MG_2320.jpg

AlphaBeatingJaneyB.jpg

ReflectionofPerfection.jpg

JennySjodin-1.jpg

MelaniePrice-1.jpg

AprilDavidsBW.jpg

RhiaORileyarmdragsSara-MarieTaylor.jpg

More coming soon!!

www.EVEwrestling.com

As promised - here are some more pics....

Blue Nikita earned this during her match with Britani Knight....For a moment she was knocked out.

BlueNikitaSwollenEye4.jpg

Blue Nikita used her This Is Sparta kick with added momentum and aided by a weapon...

BlueTerminator.jpg

Saraya Knight fought back with moves such as this rope assisted DDT on top of a cooking tray.

SarayaRopeAssistedDDT.jpg

But after numerous weapon shots that saw numerous caution signs, bamboo sticks and canes broken across the body of Saraya Knight it was a Blue-Raid Crash on to a beer tray that gave Blue Nikita the win.

AirRaidCrash.jpg

30 minutes after the match, a semi-concious Saraya Knight showed her battle scars to the camera...

SarayaWhelts.jpg

The show also featured the debut of The Catch Division between

April Davids

AprilDavidsentrance.jpg

and Jenny Sjodin

JennySjdinentrance2.jpg

April Davids stretches out before the match in order to hit those high-kicks and help avoid injury...

Aprilstretch.jpg

But it Sweden's Jenny Sjodin who's throwing the big roundhouse kicks..

kicktoheadmiss.jpg

Jenny Sjodin finds herself on top in the guard position with April covering up from the strikes...

aprilcover.jpg

But April reverses and finds herself in position...

aprilchoke.jpg

In later rounds the two find themselves back on their feet again trading and avoiding kicks...

kicktogut.jpg

Jennykickmiss.jpg

And fighting for submissions....

aprilchoke2.jpg

jennyfightoutofleglock.jpg

Overall a hell of a contest is had in the opening match from the d

Blue Nikita earned this during her match with Britani Knight....For a moment she was knocked out.

BlueNikitaSwollenEye4.jpg

30 minutes after the match, a semi-concious Saraya Knight showed her battle scars to the camera...

SarayaWhelts.jpg

Oooh, ow!

Blue Nikita and Sweet Saraya are two double tough b*****s!!

When I have more pics I'll upload them. Going through them all still!

• Paid Members

May take some time :) I took over 1200 but don't know how many Rob too as well.

Hope you're comfortable Mr Read!

Might go to the next EVE show, whens the card announced?

The card will be announced over time however as we record what is effectively 2 'episodes' not all matches are announced in advance.

As revealed on the Women Of Wrestling Podcast on Diva-Dirt.com Portugal's Shanna has been added to the Pro-Wrestling:EVE roster and will debut on 16/10.

Some YouTube footage of Britani Knight vs Blue Nikita that fans in attendance have uploaded from their camera phone...

Tickets for the October 16 show are now on sale at www.EVEwrestling.com

Might go to the next EVE show, whens the card announced?

The card will be announced over time however as we record what is effectively 2 'episodes' not all matches are announced in advance.

will the DVDs of the first 2 episodes be out in plenty of time before the next show?

Archived