CHIKARA: The Offical Thread

Boon Town Rat

Now I realise it may be a niche? But to me this company has relighted my wrestling love. (Along with Dragon Gate lately)

For people that know CHIKARA, it is a small company in Philly, that has a mixture of styles. From Lucha to Strong Style to Comedy. There last show, out drew alot of ROH television tapings in the ECW Arena. It has a mixture of wrestlers from international stars Claudio, Quackenbush, to brawlers like Eddie Kingston & Brodie Lee, to Ants. It has everything. Storylines that are flawless, It has King Of Trios.

For those that haven't seen CHIKARA, I recommend you do. I'm sure others on here will agree.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would quite like to have a look at the company but can't seem to find any dvds or anything, apart from the Best of. Do they do PPV's or anything? I'm interested in the company but not sure as to where to get it from.

Best thing to do is go here.... http://www.chikarapodcast.com/

The podcasts are useful to get a feel for the style and atmosphere.

As for dvds, they are available via smartmarkvideo.

http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/home.php

Chikara goes back quite a way but if I were you look at starting with some of the more recent stuff as there are podcasts available and you can get up to date.

Their most recent best of DVD is for 2008, although it's not cheap at $30 (it is 4 discs and 28 matches mind): http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/Chikara-DVD-Best-Of-2008/

Best of 2007 ($20): http://www.smartmarkvideo.com/Chikara-DVD-Best-of-2007/

While I'm only a semi-follower, I attended KOT last year and am going to this years as well.

Guess we can use this as the official CHIKARA thread from now on?

Seen as we've got two shows this weekend, and 7 teams announced for KOT already. They are:

1: FIST (Taylor, Akuma, Icarus)

2: The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Green Ant)

3: Team Frightning (Mike Quackenbush, Hallowick, Frightmare)

4: The UnStable (Vin Gerard, Colin Delaney, STIGMA)

5: The Future Is Now (Jigsaw, Equinox, Helios)

6: Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (Claudio Castagnoli, Ares, Tursas)

7: The Jackson 3 (Matt, Nick & Malachi Jackson)

And the 8th team picture shows two CHIKARA icons and one WSX. Most likely to be Matt Classic teaming with The Throwbacks.

EDIT:

So now CHIKARA have announced a show for July 25th featuring the stars of Dragon Gate.... Hopefully that means a DG USA show the night before...... And that's the weekend of my GF's birthday............. Jesus I'm gonna be broke and seriously jet lagged by the end of the year.

Maybe not Sandman but Sabu? Push the boat and get RVD, he's only been back to the Arena once since 2000. A very long shot but RVD in Philly pays for it's self.

But i think that only the BDK can win this. I want the Order/BDK final. By the last report of the last show the fans are waiting for the Order to turn face.

Best bet if you're new is to get those 2 Best Of comps, I cant imagine a better way to be introduced and you'll witness a wealth of quality matches. Then I guess, things like the Ciberneticos and King of Trios would be a good way to go. But if you want to follow it properly, 2009 was on fire and damn near flawless.

I bought that CHIKARA sampler last year. It was my first taste of the promotion and I loved the shit out of it. Not sure where to start with buying DVDs though as there's plenty to choose from and I like to go through them in order. I'm thinking of kicking off this year with season 9.

I read the whole background to BDK and the CHIKARA Special stuff, and it's so bloody intricate. If you've not caught up to that part, I can't tell you how awesome it is.

• Paid Members
I bought that CHIKARA sampler last year. It was my first taste of the promotion and I loved the shit out of it. Not sure where to start with buying DVDs though as there's plenty to choose from and I like to go through them in order. I'm thinking of kicking off this year with season 9.

I read the whole background to BDK and the CHIKARA Special stuff, and it's so bloody intricate. If you've not caught up to that part, I can't tell you how awesome it is.

I lost track of Chikara after KOT last year but was loving the hell out of it up to that point. How can I get caught up quickly? This BDK stuff intrigues me...

Archived