What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

So me and the wife are giving Game of Thrones another try. We watched the first series when it originally broadcast (neither of us have read the books), but I was left soured by the way it ended. A few years on, I'm willing to give it another try.

For anyone who was watching Stalker on Sky Living last year, that returns after it's mid season break this coming Monday. It's very formulaic but it does have some decent moments and it's also fun to play 'guess the breathy vocal cover version' at the end of each episode

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Like I say, haven't read the books so it was new to me. I'll play safe and put in spoiler tags:

they're was constant talk and mention of a massive war coming, which then never even started. I just felt like I'd completely wasted my time, the season just seemed to end on such an anti-climax (especially after the events of episode 9). I've since learnt that said war still hasn't even started yet, so at least I'm prepared for it being a series of mini-battles in the lead-up to the giant one.

Like I say, willing to try again with fresh eyes

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

You won't be disappointed if you persist beyond the first series, trust me. Shit.goes.DOWN

The first series is all about setting the scene and familiarising you with the characters to be honest.

Edited by PunkStep

• Moderators

I find the idea that what went down in episode 9 was anti climactic nuts. That was a huge moment. If anything I found the end of the season a little flat because that was so big..

Also, the first series is much more than that, punk. I find it difficult to imagine enjoying the show from two onwards if he didn't enjoy one.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

That's what I meant, episode 9 had the big moment and then following episode, the season finale, then fell flat. It didn't leave me wanting to know what would happen next next, just annoyed that what had been alluded to didn't happen.

Can you imagine if the first season of Oz hadn't ended with the riot?

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Also, the first series is much more than that, punk. I find it difficult to imagine enjoying the show from two onwards if he didn't enjoy one.

True, but going by WyattSheepMask's previous post...

if his main gripe is waiting for a war to kick off, season two will definitely help quell that

• Moderators

Trailer Park Boys season 9 hit Netflix today. To the surprise of no-one it's still hilarious with a warmer heart at it's core than any other sitcom, and has replaced Adventure Time as the best thing to watch on there. And I'm going their live show in September too. YEAH!