What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Me and the missus need a new TV show to watch. I'm ideally looking for something that has already finished and actually has an ending, or at least is several seasons in. To give you an idea of the TV shows we have watched or are watching and enjoyed:-

The Shield

Dexter (up to season 5 anyway)

Lost

Breaking Bad

GoT

The Sopranos

House

Mad Men

Supernatural

Boardwalk Empire

The Walking Dead

Spartacus

Chuck

Prison Break (up to season 3)

Fringe

Orange Is The New Black

Shows we've tried but couldn't get into:-

American Horror Story

Sons of Anarchy

Arrow

House Of Cards

Californication

True Blood

Blue Bloods

The Wire (I enjoyed it. She couldn't understand what was going on)

Hannibal

Heroes

Firefly

Deadwood

Oz

Any recommendations welcome.

I'm not the biggest Sci fi fan but Battlestar Galactica is brilliant. I'm nearing the end of season 2 and it just gets better and better. It's more like a Cold War paranoia story than a space war.

Edited by Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Me and the missus need a new TV show to watch. I'm ideally looking for something that has already finished and actually has an ending, or at least is several seasons in. To give you an idea of the TV shows we have watched or are watching and enjoyed:-

The Shield

Dexter (up to season 5 anyway)

Lost

Breaking Bad

GoT

The Sopranos

House

Mad Men

Supernatural

Boardwalk Empire

The Walking Dead

Spartacus

Chuck

Prison Break (up to season 3)

Fringe

Orange Is The New Black

Shows we've tried but couldn't get into:-

American Horror Story

Sons of Anarchy

Arrow

House Of Cards

Californication

True Blood

Blue Bloods

The Wire (I enjoyed it. She couldn't understand what was going on)

Hannibal

Heroes

Firefly

Deadwood

Oz

Any recommendations welcome.

Community - Thank me later

Arrested Development, Archer, The American Office, Once Upon A Time (The wife loves it, but i havent seen), Curb Your Enthusiasm

Edited by Nick Soapdish

• Paid Members

I'm just going to take this opportunity to talk about Community, seeing as it's been brought up.

What the fuck happened to that show? I rewatched it from the start over the last few weeks and that first season is just superb. I'd say it gets progressively worse with each season after that though. Perhaps some of the audience preferred the ridiculous, outlandish episodes but they didn't sit well with me at all. Everyone was expecting a return to form when Harmon came back on board for season 5 but I honestly think that was even worse than what Guarascio and Port delivered with season 4.

I have no idea if the new season on Yahoo will be any good. I suppose I'll still watch it out of curiosity but if it's anything like season 4 of Arrested Development, I'll probably never make it all the way through out of it just annoying the shit out of me.

I'm open to all recommendations, so I'll certainly look into those. I should have stated that it's more TV dramas/thrillers/action were wanting. TV comedies are a given with us and we've pretty much watched most.

I have been told that if I loved The Shield then I should give The Unit a go. Same with Homeland as I enjoyed 24. Any thoughts on these?

Edited by Steve Justice

• Moderators

Yeah, as I said, The Good Wife may well be up your street.

Community - I didn't know that Harmon went back again. I'm glad I didn't because that probably would have tempted me back as well. I was being generous when I included the third series under the bracket of what was good in the show, but yes, you're spot on when you say how it just declined with every series. I also went back and watched it from the beginning again a little while back and the early stuff is still superb, and untarnished by how shit it became, because it's just so different.

It was a shame when John Oliver left as well, but I'm glad for him that he bailed before it totally went to shit (not sure if he jumped or was pushed but it was for the better anyway).

Have you watched Harmon's animated show Rick and Morty? My mate recommended it to me, but I haven't got on to it as yet.

• Paid Members

Homeland is the best TV show Ive ever seen. Its also the only TV show ive ever watched where ive actually felt sick with nerves watching it! I really can't recommend it enough

EDIT - Tried to quote Steve Justice's post but im shit

Edited by waters44