UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Global Warning was a stadium house in Australia wasn't it?

Just found the report from the time, which was March 2007. It was to set up five global territories, each of which would have full time management and wrestlers sent there (with an emphasis on ethnic fits like Mysterio in Latin America and Regal in Europe) , plus raid local promotions, and make them totally separate with their own TV promoting house shows. The wrestlers would then cycle between the territories. They'd keep Raw and ECW (as a 'B' brand) in the US, and make Smackdown Latin America and then do one in Europe and one in Japan.

Looking back, I get the impression Vince had talked over the idea, then a new exec (the financial chief) talked about it in an interview with Financial Week, but it was nowhere near as developed as he made out.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

I'm sure someone (possibly Andy Simmonz?) mentions something about it during one of the interview in James Dixon's book on 1PW. Len Davies was apparently going to be heading up the UK territory, the WWE:UK. Apparently. 

• Paid Members

I can see why they'd look into it. Franchising is popular and can bring in a lot of money with the work outsourced. I'm not surprised they didn't go for it though. They are notoriously controlling and any negative feedback seems to echo a lot when it comes to wrestling.

It'd be a cool thing to see though. It would have talent development benefits and would bring good employment to a lot more people in wrestling.

If I was doing it, I'd use the NXT brand. NXT:Tokyo, NXT:London, NXT:Berlin, NXT:Mexico City, NXT:Sydney, etc could be pretty cool.

Trips would need more TV's in his office though!

• Paid Members

Just found the report from the time, which was March 2007.

Do you have a link to that? Would love to read the full thing.

It's from the Observer and that back issue's not online yet I'm afraid.

• Paid Members

Did the Giant ever have his own music in WCW? Or was it just Dungeon of Doom/nwo til he fucked off?

The latter. Except he came out to Luger's a few times. When he was unaffiliated he came out to silence.

Edited by air_raid