UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Just been reading an interview with film director John Carpenter and he says he worked with Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 3 - never heard this before, does anyone know anymore?

I don't know about working with Hogan, but he certainly met him then. He went to the post-show dinner with the talent, and that's where he first met Roddy and it put him in mind for They Live.

I never knew that - I wonder if he's a fan? 

From the Nerdist

N: You met with him at WrestleMania III. Were you specifically looking to cast him at that point, or were you just meeting him?

JC: I just met him there. I went as a fan; a wrestling fan. His manager at the time, David Wolfe, got a hold of me and said, “You wanna meet Roddy and think about this movie?” I said, well, sure. So I met him, and he was a really nice guy. We hit it off well, you know, I had been a wrestling fan since I was a kid, so we had much to talk about, and Roddy was trying to make a move out of wrestling, trying to get into acting. So I agreed to meet him and he was very nice, and we just went from there.

N: Are you still a big wrestling fan?

JC: Not so much anymore. They gave up one of the key elements of wrestling, at least from the days that I knew it, was something called “kayfabe” [the pretense that everything in pro-wrestling is real], which is essentially… well, if you know the word, you know what it is.

N: Yes.

• Paid Members

What about Undertaker’s Lightning striking the entrance way at WrestleMania XIV I think it was? Don’t know if it was CGI or if the camera’s poor at picking up a lightning bolt, but it looked fake and doesn’t strike me as a special effect to play with, with thousands of people around.

Using "facials" as shorthand for facial expressions -- is that just a wrestling thing? It always sounds creepy to me, and I've never heard any actors use it, but perhaps they do.

Wondered why I got funny looks when I talked about a Randy Savage having great facials when his opponent opened him hard way and stiffed him. Must just be us.

• Paid Members

Using "facials" as shorthand for facial expressions -- is that just a wrestling thing? It always sounds creepy to me, and I've never heard any actors use it, but perhaps they do.

Wondered why I got funny looks when I talked about a Randy Savage having great facials when his opponent opened him hard way and stiffed him. Must just be us.

Don’t forget pounding him in the ring before pile-driving him.

What was the thinking in having Santino Marella as one of the final two in the Rumble 2011? I haven't ever seen the event to be honest, but I assume once it came down to the final two, it would have been obvious that Del Rio would have won?

Seems a pretty silly situation.