UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

Why did the WWE bring Tazz in?

His debut was incredible. Great entrance and reaction, hands Angle his first defeat and looks a huge deal. Skip forward a few months and its all for nothing.

Did they have plans for him that just changed? Or was it a case of just pinching ECW's top guys because they could.

Why did the WWE bring Tazz in?

His debut was incredible. Great entrance and reaction, hands Angle his first defeat and looks a huge deal. Skip forward a few months and its all for nothing.

Did they have plans for him that just changed? Or was it a case of just pinching ECW's top guys because they could.

I know he had his neck problems in ECW, but didn't  they start becoming serious literally not long after he joined WWE? I'm sure that had something to do with him not getting his push.

Either that or he said no to Patterson......

My recollection (and i could be wrong) was a combination of some of the above. Either his hard man act was talked about in WWE and went against him or he did it there as well. I know he thought he was that hard allegedly in ECW. His size couldn't have helped

He spent a lot of time out just being the Smackdown commentator in early 2001 and I don't think he really worked that much again until his tag title run and then that was it in early 2002 so his neck could have been a problem

Benoit and the rest of the radicalz would have stolen some of his buzz and submission gimmick prominence I definitely think

Other things such as his difference of working style etc probably didn't go in his favor either  

To be honest I doubt he has any regrets or issues with his WWE career. Plenty of PPV bouts at a hot time and a long announcing career to boot. His bank balance should be prettyish

• Moderators

Just been reading an interview with film director John Carpenter and he says he worked with Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 3 - never heard this before, does anyone know anymore?

I don't know about working with Hogan, but he certainly met him then. He went to the post-show dinner with the talent, and that's where he first met Roddy and it put him in mind for They Live.

Just been reading an interview with film director John Carpenter and he says he worked with Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 3 - never heard this before, does anyone know anymore?

I don't know about working with Hogan, but he certainly met him then. He went to the post-show dinner with the talent, and that's where he first met Roddy and it put him in mind for They Live.

I never knew that - I wonder if he's a fan? 

Edited by The Reverend