UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Moderators

Mickie James vs Trish is the only time I've given a shit about the outcome of a major women's match in the WWE that I can recall off the top of my head*. Other than that it was just hoping for a nip slip or making cups of tea / peeing / rolling a joints.

* or a bra and panties match with Stacy in it, on the basis that if she lost she would be the more disrobed of the competitors.

• Paid Members

I remember Kelly Kelly and Beth Pheonix having a pretty good match on a PPV once.

From watching Total Divas I would say that Natalya is one of the least sexiest women in WWE at the moment and possibly ever. She's like an old prudish fuddy duddy desperatly trying to be hip.

Trish had one match that I recall being good.

WWE have had decent female wrestlers at times, just generally not more than one at a time, and even then they only get 5 minutes on a PPV.

TNA currently has a better women's division than WWE, and theirs is as weak as it's been in years.  For about a year, TNA had a Knockouts division that was genuinely good - Gail Kim (in TNA mode), Kong, Beautiful People, bit of Jackie, Victoria...  Half a dozen properly good matches.

My one regret is that they never let Angle wrestle Kong.  He was up for it, but it never got done.  That's as close as we'll ever come to a genuinely competitive inter gender match.

I got questions for ya, and they are actuallly half serious... right, one...anyone know when the first ever ref bump occured? Like maybe not the first ever, but like the first rumored?? eh? If not, feel frre to guess. two....anybody know when thee first ever manager interupted the ref..maybe he puled his leg? maybe he slippped thhe bad guy brass knucks?? either way, what I wanna knw is when was the first time sometthing like this happend?? spill the beans boys

This has probably been answered already but just to clarify, how scripted is Total Divas. I'm in the middle of watching an episode featuring Naomi and Jons wedding and Rikishi hasn't turned up, I'm not sure why but I find it all a bit fake that he would miss his sons wedding.

Also Natalya talking open sex and the general talk about sex during many episodes and the terms like 'hitting it from behind' aren't very PG also Natalya's fight outside her house with Summer Rae looked totally fake as well.

I remember reading that Rikishi had put something on Twitter after being asked about it after the episode aired. Looking it up, the quote was 'Sometimes the storylines of reality TV mirror those of Wrestling! Remember there is very little REAL in reality TV'

On womens matches, it might not count from a purists standpoint, but the Stephanie/Trish brawl from No Way Out would easily pass quality testing for me. Heated as fuck and physically extremely competitive and believable. They really fucking went for it, which far surpasses some of the noble, but ultimately hamstrung and sloppy attempts from Natalya, Lita and the like.

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put ask this but I'd be grateful of any help here.

I've given wrestling training a shot before but I can't justify the high risk of injury (couldn't afford the time off work etc. etc.) but I really do want to have a proper a go at "getting into da biz" on some level, preferably as a manager (I think I could make a mean manager, come to think of it!)

My question is - how would I go about becoming a manager? Am I best contacting promoters and sending them a couple of YouTube links or something of me cutting some imaginary promos into a hairbrush?