THE BAWBAG FIFTEEN~!~!~!

Kenny McBride

Tom Aitken

I have heard worse than this guy when it comes to MCs. Most of them in SWA actually. I think Stevie Aaron is the only one who hasn't made me really cringe. Marty was actually pretty good when I seen him, but he's waaaaayyyyy to hyper for my liking. The only thing about Tom that gets me is when he near enough power walks to the ring. There's also the lean back thing that Adam Shame pretty much got spot on. Shame he was wearing a thong when he done it. :(

Johnny Lyons

Loadsa stuff got onto the ICW Forums about this guy if I remember correctly. He was actually involved in a couple of decent tag matches with Fight Club in ICW, but who HASN'T been involved in a decent tag match with Fight Club when they've had the chance ?

Drew McDonald

Not sure if this guy really did much in Scotland to deserve to be there. I guess since he's Scottish, what he's done in England should count. And in McDonald's, it really should count. If ever there's a first pick for me, this man would be that pick. In the last 12 months I've seen him against Adam Shame, and it was a decent match.

Brad Fusion

This guy is more hit and miss than anything else. There's been times when I've watched him and thought "oooohhhh, that was great" and then there's been other times when I've thought "well, that was kinda shit", and it's normally 50/50 ratio between the two.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew has more in-ring presence in his little finger than 90% of the wrestlers in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. He may not be as great physically as he was when he was younger, but i guarantee he'd get a better reaction than most.As for the others, ive not seen them, but that email the MC sent makes him sound like he's completely up his own arse.

Drew has more in-ring presence in his little finger than 90% of the wrestlers in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. He may not be as great physically as he was when he was younger, but i guarantee he'd get a better reaction than most.

I was just thinking that. As for his weight, I have a classic Drew line from backstage at a show in 2003 "I made my career out of being a fat bastard, I see a gym I'm heading straight for McDonalds."Brilliant.

Who was Johnny Lyons trained by? considering he soposedly couldn't cut it there i'm just wondering where he was.

Oh and I tihnk i've just found the rest of the list:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=MdrTnrQwTgY&...feature=related

my favorite is congo kev who threw a block of wood or somthing to an oponent and followed it up with..

a punch!!! yay.

Edited by Prince Nana

Trained at W3L...As the story goes.W3L had a show in Dunfermline, the trainees were assigned as the ring crew for the day (including Johnny Lyons, Kongo Kev and one or two others). The trainees were meant to come early to set the ring up however they were extremely late.. Highlander and Iceman then had to set up the ring as the other talent wasnt due to arrive for another couple of hours.As punishment, the trainees in question were put into a battle royal at the opening of the show and during it they were knocked around a bit for being late. Most of them took it on the chin and learned from the mistake. Johnny Lyons and Kongo Kev spat the dammy and took the huff then set up their own "school".Which begs the question if they couldnt even handle the fundamentals of pro wrestling training, being taught a bit of self discipline..how the fuck can they run their own school or promotion?

Trained at W3L...As the story goes.W3L had a show in Dunfermline, the trainees were assigned as the ring crew for the day (including Johnny Lyons, Kongo Kev and one or two others). The trainees were meant to come early to set the ring up however they were extremely late.. Highlander and Iceman then had to set up the ring as the other talent wasnt due to arrive for another couple of hours.As punishment, the trainees in question were put into a battle royal at the opening of the show and during it they were knocked around a bit for being late. Most of them took it on the chin and learned from the mistake. Johnny Lyons and Kongo Kev spat the dammy and took the huff then set up their own "school".Which begs the question if they couldnt even handle the fundamentals of pro wrestling training, being taught a bit of self discipline..how the fuck can they run their own school or promotion?

Back then only Lyons left. Kongo lasted until a few months later and quit for fifferent reasons.

Drew has more in-ring presence in his little finger than 90% of the wrestlers in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. He may not be as great physically as he was when he was younger, but i guarantee he'd get a better reaction than most.

I agree that he has a hell of a presence. I still think that he's a shit wrestler though. So I'm still fairly glad to see that he made the list.

The Bawbags are back - and this time, there's a tie!

Bawbag_Abraxas.jpg

=12. - Abraxas/"Assassin" Owen Edwards

Due to his distinctive facial hair, this Bawbag is known to some as "Jesus", though this thrash metal freak would probably crucify anyone who said it to his face. Also, Jesus wasn't ginger. And his finish - a sloppy fisherman suplex - is called "The Devil Driver." Before delivering the move, he tends to shout this in a way that sounds like he's actually vomiting the words up from somewhere in his small intestine. Thinks he's "strong style" without actually having a clue that strong style is about more than just potatoing people for no good reason. One voter actually asked "I wonder if he knows he's not Japanese?" Perhaps it's his legs, lycra-covered chopsticks that they are, that give him that particular delusion. Is sponsored by LA Muscle, but has a pretty crappy body all round, especially below the waist. Clumsy as hell, even in a hardcore environment. Had his debut match publicly stopped by promoter Conscience (acting as the ring announcer at that show) for ignoring instructions and brawling outside the ring. Despite all that, still doesn't interact with the crowd in any meaningful way. Comes out to horrible thrash metal which is hardly conducive to the family image of the SWA. I wouldn't care, except that he's constantly on the UKFF (he's "claymore", by the way) ramming SWA propaganda down everyone's throats. Almost looked good (apart from the pencils attached to his hips) as part of Draevyn's security team. As a wrestler, he's just a big hairy Bawbag.

Edited by Kenny McBride

How many will be posted tonight ?Abraxas was on the only SWA three way I've seen that didn't completely suck, so he gets points for that, plus a more than decent match with The Raging Bull at the first After Hours show.He looks fucking weird though. Those tights with a leather jacket just make him look like a bit of a jobber. I haven't seen him in a while though, so I can only hope that when he dumped the Abraxas name, he dumped the dodgy gear. If not, I'd have him on the list based on that alone.

No pic available anywhere on the interweb. If you have one, gimme a shout.

=12. - Rob McKai

What can you say? Really, what can anyone say? One voter simply said "LOLZ." I'm tempted to leave it at that, but I can't. Here's the thing - McKai and his cretinous bunch of chums all got nominated, but McKai's the highest profile so he got the highest votes. If he were a real wrestler, he'd absolutely deserve it. The thing is though, he's a backyarder. That's all. It's not even like he's a Kongo Kev who went and started an actual promotion with a ring and stuff because he couldn't hack real wrestling. He's just a guy who fucks around with his mates. He appears to have had no real training and have no discernible talent, but how many of us didn't wrestle our mates in the garden when we were young and stupid? OK, we may not have thrown in light-tubes and suchlike, but still - it's childish goofery. The real Bawbags are the people who allow this little twat on to proper wrestling shows with proper wrestlers. The only time I've ever seen him was in a horrifically bad "streetfight" at ICW. This involved thumbtacks and a lot of of broken lightbulbs...on the third match on the show. It was like the worst Tri-State show imaginable. Every match that followed featured at least one competitor getting glass and/or thumbtacks in or on him, and several fans came close to catching flying splinters too. The whole thing was so bad, in fact, that Drew Galloway came out to apologise for how awful it was immediately after the match, while the rest of the boys in the back ran the fuckers out of town before they even had time to get changed or pick the shards of glass out of their hair. (As I recall, TommyBoiBag, who was announcing that night, didn't want to do the apology himself and the promoter was busy placating angry wrestlers backstage.) It's not like that was the last time they ever had real jobs either. Someone needs to take a stand against this shit, because you really can't expect dumbarse backyard Bawbags to change if they're getting paid to do what they'd be doing at home anyway.

Anyway, here is a video of that match. I think that must have been over a year ago now, but it was such a mind-blowing display of Bawbaggery that it should be counted this year, next year and every year forever. You just don't do this shit. Ever. Think, McKai, think.

Dire, dire, dire match that was, and EASILY the worst match I've had the displeasure of seeing live.

several fans came close to catching flying splinters too.

A couple actually DID catch flying splinters, thanks to a prize idiot thinking that swinging a light-tube diagonally upwards in the direction of the crowd was a fantastic idea. I think it's the first tube shot that you'll see in that video.

McKai's the highest profile so he got the highest votes.

After what happened with Kid Krazy in Motherwell with BCW, plus that UPW or whatever it was called, I thought he'd probably be in the list as well.

After what happened with Kid Krazy in Motherwell with BCW, plus that UPW or whatever it was called, I thought he'd probably be in the list as well.

I've either missed or don't remember this... what did he do in BCW?My first (and thankfully only) exposure to Kid Krazy was the stunt me pulled at SCW in 2003 when he tried an SSP (I think, that feels like an eternity ago so my memory may be acting up) when Kenny was closing the show. Edited by Evolution

I've either missed or don't remember this... what did he do in BCW?

I'm not sure exactly what he did, but it was brought up. If my memory serves me correctly, he pulled the fire alarm or cut the lights or something to stop the show, and then decided to do something that was actually smart. Run.

My main memory of Kid Krazy is Aberdeen WWE house show in May 2003, Lesnar's just F5'd Big Show and got the victory. Moments later a random Kid jumps the guard rail and is trying to get in the ring . . . . With a knee on the apron and both hands on the middle rope, referee Mike Chioda clocks whats happening and smashes him in the face with an open hand. Was just lucky (or unlucky) that WWE's bouncer was right behind him to catch him, and toss him into the arms of the arena's security boys :laugh:

Edited by Ant