Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012/2013 Football Kits Thread
UKFF > Main > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
scratchdj
New Chelsea home kit - looks really nice.

KitBag have a really nice little zoom control so you can have a closer look.

Up Chuck
That kit would be ten times better if they were going to win the Premiership.
PunkStep
That's actually pretty nice. Might as well post the rumoured/probably fake Nike kits that surfaced earlier this year

iamtheman
QUOTE (opcws @ Apr 12 2012, 22:13) *
That kit would be ten times better if they were going to win the Premiership.

agreed. with all the gold trim it would be better to win the league

really don't like that united top if thats what its gonna be
Shy Dad
That Arsenal one doesn't look great either, its the stripy arms I think.

Sure I read something today about Ipswich releasing their new kit in an advertisement with a rooster or a chicken or something.

But the United one looks ok.
The Four Horsemen
QUOTE (Toilet Rapper @ Apr 12 2012, 23:11) *
That Arsenal one doesn't look great either, its the stripy arms I think.

Sure I read something today about Ipswich releasing their new kit in an advertisement with a rooster or a chicken or something.

But the United one looks ok.

Sort of right, they did an advert which is on YouTube where there showing it off in a farmyard....................

Ipswich Town FC have launched their new football kits for 2012/13 made by Mitre. Known as the Tractor Boys, Ipwswich are currently playing in the Championship.They are currently in 14th place in the league table.

The club’s new home shirt is mainly blue, featuring white trim around the collar and red and white detail on the shoulders with red trim around the sleeve ends.

ColinBollocks
That's the best Chelsea top in years. Really sharp, for a football top.
Cobra1000
Perhaps the gold trim will will them on to becoming Premier League winners?

I think I might be the only person that quite likes that Arsenal kit....The Man Utd one is shocking however.
TildeGuy~!
We had a gold trim a few years back, I think it was the last Umbro kit we had.
PunkStep
All I can say about the Arsenal shirt is that they better not be black stripes on the sleeves. We're not Man U-fucking-nited. I won't be best pleased with dark blue either, but better than black.

QUOTE (TildeGuy~! @ Apr 12 2012, 23:42) *

I think you're right, and that was quite nice too. Adidas have been mostly shit with your shirts- this seasons one especially and also the one you debuted in the Champions League final. Awful.
cogitoergozoomo
All the Euro 2012 strips are at this link.

http://www.thescore.ie/football-fashion-ch...lide-slideshow1

Some really nice ones. Holland, Germany and France aways in particular.
Up Chuck
Those are very nice indeed. Particularly liking Greece, Germany, Portugal away, Ireland away and Sweden. That France away one looks like a PE shirt.
Shy Dad
I'm hating the random rectangle in the Poland shirt, it just looks tacky.

Holland's kit is a beauty, Denmark's looks like something out of the 70's and Portugal's away is quite nice.

I'm disappointed with the Ireland kits, they look horrid. Think I may stick to my Irish flag and a shirt for watching the games then, probably will buy the home shirt for the hell of it though.

France's shirt is just hideous and makes no sense.
extacy of farts
QUOTE (Toilet Rapper @ Apr 13 2012, 11:22) *
I'm hating the random rectangle in the Poland shirt, it just looks tacky.

Holland's kit is a beauty, Denmark's looks like something out of the 70's and Portugal's away is quite nice.

I'm disappointed with the Ireland kits, they look horrid. Think I may stick to my Irish flag and a shirt for watching the games then, probably will buy the home shirt for the hell of it though.

France's shirt is just hideous and makes no sense.

That random rectangle on the Poland shirts, are the national flag. I think it looks pretty smart. I agree with you on the Holland shirt, really is amazing and rather tempted to buy it!
tiger_rick
France away shirt is ace. Home shirt is horrendous.

Tweeted about the Chelsea shirt earlier in the week. We've had two awful stripey kits from Adidas, really hope we get a nice plain amber version of that Chelsea kit next season.
The British Bushwacker
Can't see United's kit having red socks.
extacy of farts
QUOTE (The British Bushwacker @ Apr 13 2012, 12:46) *
Can't see United's kit having red socks.

United socks won't be red, they got the Arsenal and United socks mixed up. Still crap either way.
PunkStep
Why isn't anybody talking about Denmark's kit?!?! It looks like they forgot all about the Danes, so they just grabbed a spare shirt they found in 1994 and said 'here you go, retro innit!!'.

I'm expecting Sweden to have something like this next:

tiger_rick
I really like the Sweden kit, I meant to say earlier. I'm a big fan of pinstripes generally though. I've always liked forest's original Premier League kit.
cogitoergozoomo
QUOTE (PunkStep @ Apr 13 2012, 13:42) *
Why isn't anybody talking about Denmark's kit?!?! It looks like they forgot all about the Danes, so they just grabbed a spare shirt they found in 1994 and said 'here you go, retro innit!!'.

I'm expecting Sweden to have something like this next:

I think that's the point. 20 years since they won Euro 92.
PunkStep
Ahhhh, I see. Well in that case let's hope we trade a brown paper bag and snap up John Jensen.

Agree with you on the current Sweden kit, Rick. In fact, since Umbro first started going 'traditional' with their kits (which I think started with the all-white England shirt from a few years ago), they have put together some really nice shirts. Some whinge that their kits recently are 'boring', but I think they have a touch of class. The older I get, the more I prefer the 'less is more' football shirt. To be honest, I'd be happy if we just went back to the shirts of the 60s/70s. Iconic.
vampyromaniac
QUOTE (PunkStep @ Apr 12 2012, 23:42) *
All I can say about the Arsenal shirt is that they better not be black stripes on the sleeves. We're not Man U-fucking-nited. I won't be best pleased with dark blue either, but better than black.

QUOTE (TildeGuy~! @ Apr 12 2012, 23:42) *

I think you're right, and that was quite nice too. Adidas have been mostly shit with your shirts- this seasons one especially and also the one you debuted in the Champions League final. Awful.

Totally agree. I hate this shirt, looks like a hockey shirt, really hoping its fake. Did find a slight glimmer of hope though, found a moody site selling this season & next season shirts for a tenner & the Chelsea shirt they had for next season was nothing like the confirmed one. So hopefully the Arsenal one is bollocks too
Teedy Kay
That Sweden away shirt is gorgeous, I may very well invest!
rohpete
This is strongly rumoured to be the new everton home shirt the people who leaked got the last 2 seasons right

d-d-d-dAz
That's stunning.
Fatty Facesitter
Kid leaks new City kit, gets a visit from the Old Bill!

Crazy move by Norwich to call the bobbies in, not a good PR day today. The whole thing is a bit silly really.

I like our current strip and don't see much point in changing it already, but I do like the new one.
d-d-d-dAz
Especially when the big reveal amounts only to a fancy new collar...

I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THE KID GOT COLLARED. HEY GUYS???? HEY, HEY?????? FUCKING LAUGH YOU PRICKS!!!!
The Four Horsemen
That Everton kit is truly stunning, very nice design indeed. Am wondering what Under Armor is going to come up with for Spurs next season.

But I did find this on www.epltalk.com, and yes I know the article is from 2011.

Liverpool secured the biggest kit deal in English soccer history today after it was revealed that the Anfield club had signed a deal with Warrior Sports, according to The Daily Mail. The agreement will net Liverpool a staggering $41 million a year (£25 million), which smashes the previous record of Nike’s £23.5 million deal with Manchester United.

If you’re wondering, like me, who are Warrior Sports, they’re a US-based sports uniform company who specialize in uniforms for lacrosse teams. They also create hockey uniforms. Warrior Sports are headquartered in Warren, Michigan. In 2004, they were acquired by New Balance. And in 2007, they acquired Brine Sporting Goods. Brine is a more well-known soccer brand in the United States, where Brine soccer balls, goalkeeper gloves and shin-guards are quite well-known.

While the £25 million a year kit deal is twice as much as what Liverpool were getting from Adidas, my biggest concern is whether Warrior Sports can create a professional and aesthetically pleasing soccer kit. The first new Liverpool kit designed and manufactured by Warrior Sports will debut in the 2012-13 season, so they will have plenty of time to perfect the design.

According to The Daily Mail, Liverpool sell approximately 900,000 shirts a year. Only Manchester United, Barcelona and Real Madrid sell more soccer shirts.

While 25% of Premier League clubs are owned by American companies, American businesses are getting their share of the action when it comes to securing kit deals with Premiership clubs. Under Armour recently signed a deal with Tottenham Hotspur beginning with the 2012-13 season. Several clubs in the Premier League wear Nike, an American company. Many clubs wear Umbro, a brand which is owned by Nike. Adidas and Puma, meanwhile, are German companies.

Liverpool Football Club or Fenway Sports Group have yet to confirm the Warrior Sports news.

And theres a couple of mock ups kicking around.
vampyromaniac
Sorry guys, but that Everton kit's someone's fantasy design on Footballshirtculture.com. It is a nice design though

Everton fantasy kit
bAzTNM#1
Rangers unveil their new strip for next season (if they're still here! LOLZ). Looks awful. Supposed to be like the top they wore when they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1972.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2749679
tiger_rick
Celtic have unveiled there's today too. There's is an anniversary kit. Odd that both have the tiny Tennants sponsor logo in the same season.

Along the lines of Swindon last year, Orient have scored Nike as kit maker and two decent sponsors:

This Blackpool third kit would be lovely if not for the hideous sponsor:

Bicurious Dad
QUOTE (bAzTNM#1 @ Apr 26 2012, 15:58) *
Rangers unveil their new strip for next season (if they're still here! LOLZ). Looks awful. Supposed to be like the top they wore when they won the Cup Winners Cup in 1972.

Maybe they couldn't afford to design a new one? Tennants are really slumming it sponsoring a 2nd division side, times must be tough!
Bicurious Dad
QUOTE (tiger_rick @ Apr 26 2012, 16:38) *
This Blackpool third kit would be lovely if not for the hideous sponsor:

Ouch, it really does ruin a very nice looking strip. Yet another reason to hate Wonga!
Up Chuck
Thought that Leyton Orient home shirt was an Arsenal one when I was skimming it. They've got some decent sponsors there.
Shy Dad

I pray that they don't try and sell that for over £40 because that would be ridiculous.

For a tenner I could buy a blue Umbro top and paint the logo on, no way they can expect anyone to pay £20 for something so bland.

What's worse is I actually like that and the Celtic top for the minimalness and would buy it if it wasn't going to be such a stupid price.
cogitoergozoomo
QUOTE (Toilet Rapper @ Apr 26 2012, 18:46) *

I pray that they don't try and sell that for over £40 because that would be ridiculous.

For a tenner I could buy a blue Umbro top and paint the logo on, no way they can expect anyone to pay £20 for something so bland.

What's worse is I actually like that and the Celtic top for the minimalness and would buy it if it wasn't going to be such a stupid price.

The Tennants really needs to be moved up a bit on the Celtic top so it is entirely in the white hoop. Looks stupid as it is.

I can only assume the Rangers kit eventually released will have more detailing. That's just a place holder till Umbro know there will be a team. Think I might pick one up as a future collectable.
The Four Horsemen
I think the size and placement of the Tennants logo has something to do with the UEFA ban on having alcohol sponsors so prevelant on shirts.

If you buy a kids kit now and they have a ban on any kind of alcholic drink sponsor being on the shirt. So I think it might be a move in that direction.
cogitoergozoomo
QUOTE (The Four Horsemen @ Apr 26 2012, 23:47) *
I think the size and placement of the Tennants logo has something to do with the UEFA ban on having alcohol sponsors so prevelant on shirts.

If you buy a kids kit now and they have a ban on any kind of alcholic drink sponsor being on the shirt. So I think it might be a move in that direction.

Celtic say

Main club sponsor Tennent’s Lager, a supporter of Scottish football for almost 40 years, has changed its branding on the Club’s home shirts to mark the club’s 125th Anniversary.

The logo will now appear below the club crest on the left breast of the shirt rather than across the chest as in previous seasons.

Tennent’s believe that the way in which the brand has been incorporated into the new strip is a fitting way to celebrate the Club’s 125th anniversary.

Rangers say

Forty years later the Rangers spirit lives on and the Club has launched a commemorative home top that will certainly capture the imagination of supporters worldwide.

The top pays homage to the shirt worn four decades ago by legends like John Greig, Sandy Jardine, Colin Stein, Willie Johnston and Derek Johnstone. And it brings back the distinctive red and white socks Rangers wore during that incredible European adventure.

Main club sponsor Tennent's Lager has kindly agreed to change its branding on the home shirt to help mark these significant anniversaries in Rangers' history. The Tennent's logo will now appear below the Club crest on the left breast of the shirt rather than across the chest as in previous seasons.

Steve Annand, Commercial Managing Director for Tennent Caledonian Breweries, said: "When we were approached by Rangers with regards their anniversary season we discussed the new kit design and wanted to play our part to help create what will become a truly classic Rangers shirt, and we feel we have achieved this in a positive way.
Frankie Crisp
Barca Palace's new kit. Mikey, PLEASE tell me this isn't fake.

d-d-d-dAz
Thats pretty lovely..
PunkStep
Beautiful. Rare occasion where the sponsor doesn't spoil it, due to the similar colours.
TezzRexx
Amazing, wish I could have it tongue.gif
The Four Horsemen
QUOTE (TezzRexx @ Apr 27 2012, 21:02) *
Amazing, wish I could have it tongue.gif

Didn't Palace have a Barzil-esque kit a couple or three seasons back?

But that is very nice indeed.
rohpete
New AC MILAN

New Leeds home

New usa home

Rumored newcastle leaked home

Shy Dad
USA shirt is a definite pick up

Newcastle doesn't look too bad, another good make by Puma.
METAL ON METAL
Haven't Newcastle had Virgin Money as their sponsor since the start of January though?
PunkStep
Errr, no? duh.gif

edit: or maybe they have and I've never noticed!
Shy Dad
They have and I further prove how tired I was last night to completely overlook that.

Van Dammer
It still could be genuine given that the kit for next season would have been designed and knocked up well over six months ago and theyd have still had Northern Rock on at the time.
Up Chuck
That Palace kit is stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. Quite like the Leeds kit and the USA shirt too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.