Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food what they don't make anymore
UKFF > Main > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Devon Malcolm
I miss KP Crisps' cheese and onion flavour. They were the strongest flavour of crisps you have ever experienced:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robertpool/6278400924/

They had a half-life of about 50 years. They were terrific.
kev2050
QUOTE (El Espanacas @ Nov 22 2011, 21:44) *
QUOTE (Adam Woodyatt @ Nov 22 2011, 20:50) *
I think Seabrooks may have had a hedgehog flavor at one point, too.

It wasn't Seabrooks, it was Tudors who had Hedgehog flavour. They also had the bizarre concoction of chocolate flavour crisps as well. It was a sad day when Walkers bought out Tudors in the early 90's.

I think I remember those, and I may be imagining it as I can find no trace of them, but I'm sure I've seen spider flavoured crisps for sale many years ago.

I'd forgot about those cadburys marble chocolate bars though, they were amazing.
sgmilne
Apologies if any of these have been done already...

I've tried to find good pictures but to no avail...

5-4-3-2-1 Bars

Zoom Ice Lollies

Banana Chewits

Puffs 'crisps'

Apparently you can still get Roysters crisps, though I never see them anywhere...

Craig The Hunter
Did Walkers not have some sort of squirrel flavoured crisps a few years ago? Cajun squirrel if my memory serves me right
CaptainCharisma
I miss these
Dazz
QUOTE (sgmilne @ Nov 22 2011, 22:27) *

Apparently you can still get Roysters crisps, though I never see them anywhere...

Morrisons have them in a multipack, frequently on a reduced price too.
Cobra1000
Dear God this thread is heartbreaking.

I have known the Vice-Verca, Secret Bar, Kinder Milk Slice amongst others and im heartbroken these do not exist anymore. Although im positive they do still make Milk Slice bars somewhere in the world, and if they don't there isn't much point living...
patiirc
QUOTE (Deaq @ Nov 22 2011, 20:45) *
Sorry if these have been mentioned.

for a short time at the beginning of the 1980’s. In 1981 Phillip Lewis launched Hedgehog Flavoured Crisps, which sold like mad with people eager to sample what the humble hedgehog might taste like. They were sold in beige coloured packets with a picture of a cartoon hedgehog licking its lips on the front

We used to get them in a multipack with 2 salt and vinegar 2 ready salted and 2 Hedgehog flavor.

Used to get them from the health food shop of all places in Gloucester by the old Cannon cinema before going in and then a Sadie's Ice Cream or Wimpy on the way out

QUOTE (Dazz @ Nov 22 2011, 22:37) *
QUOTE (sgmilne @ Nov 22 2011, 22:27) *

Morrisons have them in a multipack, frequently on a reduced price too.

The multipack has T Bone Steak and Southern Fried Chicken Flavours.. Often you can get Roysters in vending machines. At least up here anyways
Call me Bellend
QUOTE (Adam Woodyatt @ Nov 21 2011, 20:26) *
QUOTE (NBT @ Nov 21 2011, 21:21) *
QUOTE (Loki @ Nov 21 2011, 19:18) *

I pretty much blame these for me chewing on wads of paper as an adult.

you do that too?

You do that too?!

does anyone remember a crisp that existed very briefly when I was a young fellow that had pictures of looney tunes characters printed on the crisps?

Greg Proops was in the ad.

Dash X
I fucking love pretzel flipz may have to order some in for christmas. thumbs-up.gif

also what were those crisps called which you got a little sachet of salt included to add and shake?
Devon Malcolm
QUOTE (Dash X @ Nov 23 2011, 2:28) *
also what were those crisps called which you got a little sachet of salt included to add and shake?

I think the clue's in the question, y'know.
Dash X
QUOTE (Gladstone Small @ Nov 23 2011, 2:30) *

I think the clue's in the question, y'know.

smile.gif

EDIT: These bad boys were quality...

Your Fight Site

King Pitcos
QUOTE (Pritt Stick Licker @ Nov 23 2011, 2:24) *
does anyone remember a crisp that existed very briefly when I was a young fellow that had pictures of looney tunes characters printed on the crisps?

Greg Proops was in the ad.

Yes! Really liked them. I recall them being a bit like Pringles.
JLM
With Calypso cups, the cool thing to do was to ditch the straw, bite the bottom corner of the container open and then drink it through that. At least it was at my school. Most supermarkets still have some variant on them, and they still taste absolutely awful if you're no longer a child.

I miss black cherry Crusha being widely available. You can still get it, but it tends to be more of a Makro/Costco thing now. It is my favourite flavour by miles and miles.

I miss Rowntree's black cherry jelly also. On the very rare occasion's at my nan's house when she hadn't cooked or baked some kind of masterpiece, black cherry jelly was the back up dessert and it was beautiful.

Lastly, the same thing I mention every time this thread comes up: I miss Pepsi Blue. The garish colour, American oversized bottles, the 100% unnatural taste, the blue stained mouth it left behind. It was the worst sort of soft drink imagineable but I have never had an addiction like it. In fact, maybe it's a good thing it was a commercial failure because I'd most likely be fat and toothless by now.

I think what also made it special was that it was never successful and didn't get European distribution, so you'd only find it in odd corner shops or the occasional case at a place like Home Bargains where they'd occasionally have weird stock in because it was presumably cheap. After it got officially cancelled, finding the last few UK reserves of it in obscure locations was magical.

According to Wikipedia, the only places it's still sold are certain parts of mainland Malaysia. Weird.

Rest in peace Pepsi Blue; the world was not ready for you.

Oh, and during my recent trip to Amsterdam I enjoyed Chocomel and Blackcurrant Fanta which you don't get here, but they're both widely available outside of the UK.
Lawz
I've been waiting all thread to see when JLM would pop up with Pepsi Blue. It was amazing. I was fortunate to be living in America at the time of its release, got handed two free bottles at a supermarket and fell in love. Thats all I ever drank till I left America. I miss Pepsi Blue sad.gif
wandshogun09
QUOTE (ButchReedMark @ Nov 21 2011, 17:46) *
Ah Calypso. Wrexham's greatest export since Tim Vincent.

Fucking foul, tasteless, unnaturally hued shite.

Bit harsh there Butch, he's not that bad.

QUOTE (Dash X @ Nov 23 2011, 2:32) *
EDIT: These bad boys were quality...

BN BN do-dooo-do-dododo. Forgot they existed, used to love them.

And do they still sell these anywhere on these isles?

Not that flavour in particular just Pop Tarts in general. Haven't seen them in years.
ReturnOfTheMack
Pop tarts? You can get them all over in Doncaster. Hell I think I may have a pack in my cupboard.
Kata Ha Jime
QUOTE (JLM @ Nov 23 2011, 4:32) *
Oh, and during my recent trip to Amsterdam I enjoyed Chocomel and Blackcurrant Fanta which you don't get here, but they're both widely available outside of the UK.

Aldi sell them.
Dead Mike
QUOTE (Kata Ha Jime @ Nov 23 2011, 8:22) *

Aldi sell them.

Is that fizzy choc-caramel flavoured pop? Sounds disgusting.
Bohan
QUOTE (matbro1984 @ Nov 20 2011, 20:43) *

Kinder Milk Slices. Divine.

These are still avaliable, shops my way do the full kinder range as you would find as the norm in most supermarkets in europe.
Devon Malcolm
QUOTE (ReturnOfTheMack @ Nov 23 2011, 8:03) *
Pop tarts? You can get them all over in Doncaster. Hell I think I may have a pack in my cupboard.

Yeah, they sell them in Morrisons near here. Only the strawberry and chocolate flavours, though.
EdgarTheSlouch
McCain Ninja Turtles Apple Pizza!
Halitosis Romantic
Chocomel is fucking heaven. Aldi?
Joey Joe Joe Jr
might not be the best place to put this but i was thinking about them the other day. when i used to go to ikea when i lived closer to the one in croydon, we would buy this box of vanilla biscuits whose authentic swedish name is VANILJDRÖMMAR. last time i went to ikea they didnt have them, and was wondering if any of the other chains did/you could get them online or if anyone else has had these delicious things.

picture
Halitosis Romantic
I have never seen them, and I'm always at IKEA - they look fucking lovely, though.
air_raid
QUOTE (Craig The Hunter @ Nov 22 2011, 22:28) *
Did Walkers not have some sort of squirrel flavoured crisps a few years ago? Cajun squirrel if my memory serves me right

Yes. During that competition where you could pick your favourite from them and a few other wacky ones.

I miss many flavours from last year's World Cup theme too :

JLM
QUOTE (Dead Mike @ Nov 23 2011, 9:02) *

Aldi sell them.

Is that fizzy choc-caramel flavoured pop? Sounds disgusting.

No no, it's sold in cans but it's not fizzy at all. It's just a delicious choco-caramel flavoured milkshake that is beautiful cold out of a can but makes even better hot chocolate if you heat it up a bit. If you order hot chocolate at an Amsterdam coffee shop it'll be Chocomel 90% of the time. It's also sold in bigger 1 litre cartons. Made by Campina, who made those strawberries and cream sweets that I don't know if you can still buy here.
Chest Rockwell
QUOTE (air_raid @ Nov 23 2011, 14:20) *

Yes. During that competition where you could pick your favourite from them and a few other wacky ones.

Ah yes... the supposed permanence of the winning flavour was somewhat overstated in their original campaign. Good riddance though, builders' breakfast, you tasted awful.

The World Cup flavours were a lot nicer than all of those actually. I think my favourites were the German ones.
Dead Mike
Walkers used to do 'Spicy Sausage' & 'Cheese on Toast' flavours, both we great. Bitsa Pizza & Walkers Poppadoms were also both good.
Wrasslin
My friends never remember this but Vanilla Ice Cream Monster Munch!

Easily the worst thing I ever tasted . . . and I've tasted upwards of three other things.
Bicurious Dad
QUOTE (Wrasslin @ Nov 23 2011, 14:47) *
My friends never remember this but Vanilla Ice Cream Monster Munch!

Easily the worst thing I ever tasted . . . and I've tasted upwards of three other things.

I remember them, I'm sure of it and yes I remember them being truly rotten.
Snake Plissken
Texan Bars. The ones they rereleased weren't the same. Also Chutney Outer Spacers crisps. Nothing beats them ever, especially as they evolved into those godawful Space Raiders.
Craig The Hunter
QUOTE (Chest Rockwell @ Nov 23 2011, 14:29) *
QUOTE (air_raid @ Nov 23 2011, 14:20) *

Ah yes... the supposed permanence of the winning flavour was somewhat overstated in their original campaign. Good riddance though, builders' breakfast, you tasted awful.

The World Cup flavours were a lot nicer than all of those actually. I think my favourites were the German ones.

The German Bratwurst crisps were excellent. I liked the random haggis ones they had for that flavour world cup as well. Tasted nothing like haggis, but were really nice!
Ron Simmons

If you go to pretty much any supermarket you can get them with the cereal. Chocolate flavour and strawberry, they're the only two non-imported one's they sell in the UK as far as I know.

PITCOS, any update on your local shop selling massively out of date Irn Bru bars?
RIDDUM_N_STYLE
ahh pepsi blue, spent my last two days in mamaris drinking that stuff, had a whole 1lt bottle to myself on the journey home

love when walkers do them flavour competitions, i always make it my goal to try every single flavour. the chili chocolate ones were vile though
Kata Ha Jime
Pepsi Blue, I never even got to know you sad.gif.

Though I'm sure once Im paid Monday Il be trying to hoover most of this shit up from online stores.
Green
QUOTE (Ron Simmons @ Nov 23 2011, 17:10) *

If you go to pretty much any supermarket you can get them with the cereal. Chocolate flavour and strawberry, they're the only two non-imported one's they sell in the UK as far as I know.

PITCOS, any update on your local shop selling massively out of date Irn Bru bars?

I'm not PICTOS but I happened to notice that the shop near me still has them. It wouldn't be the first time they've sold items massively out of date either.
Thunderplex
Vanilla Coke. Tried making my own, but just can't get it right.
CurtainTwitcher
I want to try that Kinder Milk Slice thing - looks fantastic!

Someone in my office had 'baked potato' flavoured crips the other day, just tasted like sweetcorn.
Quentin
The sweetest thing I have ever tasted.

Also, who the hell decided the world could get by without peanut butter KitKat Chunky?
FelatioLips
Fruitang was class! Yet another one I didn't notice had gone though.
Vice
Fruitangs were amazing.

QUOTE (wandshogun09 @ Nov 23 2011, 7:09) *
And do they still sell these anywhere on these isles?

Not that flavour in particular just Pop Tarts in general. Haven't seen them in years.

Morrisons do them, but you might be limited in terms of flavour. The one near me only does chocolate Pop Tarts. But they're quite easily available online too.
FelatioLips
Tesco do Pop Tarts too.
Devon Malcolm
I bought some Blueberry Muffin flavoured ones from American Sweets earlier in the year. Fucking rank.
Dead Mike
The 'Smores' flavour Pop Tarts from the US are quality though!
Glenryck Pilchards

Aldi sell them.

I saw some blackcurrant Fanta in my local Tesco Extra last night in the international food section. It was imported from Portugal and was a pricey £3.49 for a 1.5L bottle.
Chest Rockwell
QUOTE (Quentin @ Nov 24 2011, 14:55) *
Also, who the hell decided the world could get by without peanut butter KitKat Chunky?

An idiot. (or someone who studied the poor sales figures and it's our fault for not eating enough of them).

Still, at least Reeses is more prevalent in this country these days. Peanut butter and chocolate is a fantastic combination.
BiffingtonClyro
Who was the famous guy that appeared in Fruitang adverts? Was it Vic Reeves?
Dazz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.