Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UKFF Questions Thread V2
UKFF > Main > UK Fan Forum
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188, 189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217
neil
See the original version here. Remember to use search as much as possible.
Ro_y Disco
Score! Thanks neil.

To get the ball rolling, I'll reiterate my question from the previous thread: where's the best place to get TNA t-shirts from in the UK?
Mark Sloan
www.a-merchandise.co.uk
Bubble Ray
Watching some old TNA i've got a few questions:

Whatever happened to Mortimer Plumtree?

Who played Fluff Dupp?

What week did they hold a Tag Team gauntlet match that had Syxx Pac as Scott Hall's partner?

d-d-d-dAz
Can someone explain this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb2O_jnG4BU...feature=related) to me?!
FelatioLips
I don't think anyone can explain outside of the reasoning that almost every single woman in WWE is shit and should be flipping burgers.
Million$Body
Who on this forum has trained with Lance Storm in Calgary?

Thanks
Snitsky's back acne
QUOTE (AliveAndAmplified @ Oct 15 2008, 18:11) *
I don't think anyone can explain outside of the reasoning that almost every single woman in WWE is shit and should be flipping burgers.

I don't see the big deal - she hit Cherry in the face with her knee/shin rather than her foot.

Shit happens, it's a rough business.

It's not like she's the first wrestler to hit their opponent too hard or fuck up a spot.
Mike Castle
I much preferred the aftermath of the kick... the "falling flat on your face" move. Very effective.
Shane O' Mac Version 2
Hey, it worked for Ric Flair for years.

My question:

What's the deal with Edge not being back yet? He doesn't have any major injuries that I know of, I heard that both him and Taker slogged through knee issues in the HIAC, Taker's being worse, but he still appears on SD, house shows and PPV's. What gives? Hell can't be that hard to escape from; it's gotta be better than wherever the hell MVP's headed lately.
Ro_y Disco
With the slew of 3PW DVD's out on the cheap at the mo, I'm wanting to get my hands on a couple.

Can anyone recommend any of the shows?

EDIT to incorporate answers to questions posed earlier in this thread:

Watching some old TNA i've got a few questions:

Whatever happened to Mortimer Plumtree?

Vince Russo had issues with him and released him from his TNA contract. Since then, I don't think he's really been involved in wrestling much, only wrestling a couple of independent matches since.

Who played Fluff Dupp?

She was played by someone called Seven Briggs:

http://www.glorywrestling.com/gg/SevenBriggs/SB.asp

She also has an official website, but it seems to be down at the moment.

What week did they hold a Tag Team gauntlet match that had Syxx Pac as Scott Hall's partner?

My browser is being stupid and crashing, but if you type 'syxx scott hall tag tna' into Google, one of the top couple of sites should give you your answer.

And, as far as I know, Edge is off TV recuperating various injuries he's racked up over the years and/or the writers don't have a way to bring him back yet/have nothing for him to do. I expect him to return in time for Survivor Series.
Rave
I have a question.

Does anybody know the name of the ring announcer who announced at UK Rampage 1993 (main evented by Lex Luger vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan) I'm sure I've seen him on some other old WWF home videos but it's bugging the hell out of me. Does anybody know who he is?

Thanks.
darkship
QUOTE (Bubble Ray @ Oct 14 2008, 18:33) *

Online World of Wrestling is your friend:

September 18, 2002 - NWA:TNA: Scott Hall returned to TNA with partner Syxx-Pac to participate in the Gauntlet for the Gold..

They teamed up again the next week before Hall started no-showing, supposedly because Hall "couldn't find a babysitter" (source: OWW).
nomad
QUOTE (Rave @ Oct 16 2008, 17:42) *
I have a question.

Does anybody know the name of the ring announcer who announced at UK Rampage 1993 (main evented by Lex Luger vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan) I'm sure I've seen him on some other old WWF home videos but it's bugging the hell out of me. Does anybody know who he is?

Thanks.

Mel Phillips? ('The foot guy'...)
The Mighty LC
QUOTE (Ro_y Disco @ Oct 16 2008, 16:06) *
With the slew of 3PW DVD's out on the cheap at the mo, I'm wanting to get my hands on a couple.

I can't really point you towards specific discs, but the series between AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels was all the rage at the time. IIRC, they did two cracking singles matches (which might not be as good as their TNA clashes, though I haven't seen them for a long while), and were also involved in a pretty great four-way with...off the top of my head I think it was Chris Sabin and Joey Matthews. So, if any of all that's on the DVDs, probably worth getting them...
KRS
What year and month did Shawn Michales come down from the rafters dressed as The Undertaker on Raw?
Ant
QUOTE (nomad @ Oct 17 2008, 11:14) *
QUOTE (Rave @ Oct 16 2008, 17:42) *
I have a question.

Thanks.

Mel Phillips? ('The foot guy'...)

Philips announced one of the televised shows from London in the early 90s, but it was Tony Chimel that mc'd the UK Rampage 93 im sure.

Even though he didnt announce on tv until towards the late 90s, he did a lot of the house show circuit shows from at least 92.
AJ von Sozboz
Are there any truly colossal, physically speaking, UK wrestlers? Either giants or Kane types, or big fat man mountains like Shirley Crabtree.
bAzTNM#1
QUOTE (AJ von Sozboz0898 @ Oct 19 0898, 8:98) *
Are there any truly colossal, physically speaking, UK wrestlers? Either giants or Kane types, or big fat man mountains like Shirley Crabtree.

The UK Pitbulls tag-team were rather big. Can't find a picture unfortunately, but somebody will back me up here. Guys?
Kenny McBride
The Pitbulls were/are massive. Bulk's a little shorter than Dave, I think, but he's well up in the 400lb range. Dave's more of a Vader-type build, probably a good bit over 300.

Alex Shane is very tall. Sam Slam looks pretty huge, but I've never seen him in person so I wouldn't like to guess at his actual dimensions. There used to be a 7ft-ish guy in one of the Irish promotions - I think his name may have been Tron, but I honestly can't remember.
El Mistique
QUOTE (The Mighty LC @ Oct 17 2008, 19:43) *
QUOTE (Ro_y Disco @ Oct 16 2008, 16:06) *

I can't really point you towards specific discs, but the series between AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels was all the rage at the time. IIRC, they did two cracking singles matches (which might not be as good as their TNA clashes, though I haven't seen them for a long while), and were also involved in a pretty great four-way with...off the top of my head I think it was Chris Sabin and Joey Matthews. So, if any of all that's on the DVDs, probably worth getting them...

IIRC the First Anniversary show is brilliant, with a very intense and stiff Low Ki Vs. Homicide match.
IANdrewDiceClay
QUOTE (KRS @ Oct 18 2008, 16:23) *
What year and month did Shawn Michales come down from the rafters dressed as The Undertaker on Raw?

The year was 1998, the night after that years Royal Rumble on the January 19 edition of RAW. He also had an apron underneth the black coat and was joined by Triple H with a BBQ to celebrated the previous nights cremation at the hands of Kane. Pretty pointless. The promo only served to set up Triple H match with Owen Hart the following week, which never happend.
Notorious B*I*G
How long was Ken Shamrock NWA champion for?
bAzTNM#1
QUOTE (Notorious B*I*G @ Oct 20 2008, 8:22) *
How long was Ken Shamrock NWA champion for?

Wiki is saying from the 19th June 2002 to the 7th August 2002, where he lost it to Ron Killings..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NWA_W...eight_Champions
KRS
QUOTE (Ian_hitmanhart @ Oct 20 2008, 5:26) *
QUOTE (KRS @ Oct 18 2008, 16:23) *

The year was 1998, the night after that years Royal Rumble on the January 19 edition of RAW. He also had an apron underneth the black coat and was joined by Triple H with a BBQ to celebrated the previous nights cremation at the hands of Kane. Pretty pointless. The promo only served to set up Triple H match with Owen Hart the following week, which never happend.

Thanks for that information. I saw the clip on the Raw 10th Anniversary DVD and didn't remember it all. thumbs-up.gif
Emperorseb
My first offering to this new questions thread.

What is your all time fav womens match?

I think mine's Gail Kim vs. A. Kong from this years TNA Final Resolution(Jan)
RoryFice
QUOTE (Emperorseb @ Oct 23 2008, 20:35) *

I cant think of any off the top of my head, but you are probably better creating a new topic on that question Emperorseb. I think this thread is meant to be for factual questions rather than opinion-based ones.
Emperorseb
QUOTE (RoryFice @ Oct 23 2008, 20:41) *

I cant think of any off the top of my head, but you are probably better creating a new topic on that question Emperorseb. I think this thread is meant to be for factual questions rather than opinion-based ones.

Fair enough. Here's a new one for ya'll; Just how many books are there based on the Chris Benoit Incident, I mean do we really need this many?
Quote_the_raven_nevermore
What is the longest match, Bell to bell in history?
JNLister
QUOTE (Emperorseb @ Oct 23 2008, 21:42) *
QUOTE (RoryFice @ Oct 23 2008, 20:41) *

Fair enough. Here's a new one for ya'll; Just how many books are there based on the Chris Benoit Incident, I mean do we really need this many?

Two released, four in the works:

Released:

'Benoit' by four writers (looks at his career/Nancy Sullivan/the murders themselves/the media response). Inherently awesome because it quotes mes.

Ring of Hell: General expose of wrestling's dark side using Benoit's career as a frame

In the works:

Chris Benoit: The Definitive Story of Murder, Drugs and Wrestling's Darkest Hour by Scott Williams (journalistic account of what actually happened, currently on hold as the planned publisher went bust)

The Chris Benoit Story by Scott Kerr (Due imminently, supposedly taken from an ghost-written biography started before the deaths)

Dungeon of Death by Scott Keith (will be shit)

As yet untitled book by Irv Muchnick (likely going to be incredibly detailed to the point that it waters down any major points)
IANdrewDiceClay
Why is Scott Keith so shit? and ...

Why does he still get work?
Quentin
QUOTE (Quote_the_raven_nevermore @ Oct 23 2008, 22:16) *

I'm sure way back in the days there might have been some longer (what with long, tedious matches being half the reason wrestling became entertainment rather than competition.)

I just finished reading Ted DiBiase's book and he tells a story about his dad Mike DiBiase and Dory Funk Sr having a Texas Death Match in Amarillo. They knew the town had a cerfew and wrestled until the police showed up and closed the building, sending everyone home.

At this point DiBiase and Funk had been wrestling three and a half hours.
Kenny McBride
I think there was a Gotch/Hackenschmidt match that went five and a half hours, but that was probably a shoot so it might not count.

Modern era, plenty of people have done 90 minutes. Funk/Brisco was legendary. Flair/Steamboat did it a couple of times. More recently, Punk and Hero did 90 for Ian Rotten maybe 6 or 7 years ago. A few people have done 95 minutes too. Inoki and Saito (I think) did 2+ hours, but don't quote me on that.
d-d-d-dAz
Has anyone watched 'Human Weapon'?

It's a history channel show, surrounding all manner of martial arts. It's prsented by Jason Chambers, and Bill Duff.

My question is this, in the credits they announce Bill Duff as a former 'Professional footballer and wrestler', and I always assumed they just meant collegiate/olympic wrestler. But, on one of the episodes Jason makes a joke about Bill's 'pro-wrestling days'. I tried, admittedly not very hard, to find some information but couldn't. Does anyone know how far his pro-wrestling career went? ...I'm only interested because it seems he played football in the XFL, so was wondering if there was a WWE connection there.
Bubble Ray
What were the 'commandments' on the back of the old Jericholic T-shirt?

BTW Thanks for the replies to my earlier questions.
The Mighty LC
QUOTE (d-d-d-dAz @ Oct 24 2008, 11:54) *
Has anyone watched 'Human Weapon'?

It's a history channel show, surrounding all manner of martial arts. It's prsented by Jason Chambers, and Bill Duff.

My question is this, in the credits they announce Bill Duff as a former 'Professional footballer and wrestler', and I always assumed they just meant collegiate/olympic wrestler. But, on one of the episodes Jason makes a joke about Bill's 'pro-wrestling days'. I tried, admittedly not very hard, to find some information but couldn't. Does anyone know how far his pro-wrestling career went? ...I'm only interested because it seems he played football in the XFL, so was wondering if there was a WWE connection there.

He was trained by Larry Sharpe - The Monster Factory guy responsible for Bam Bam Bigelow. I'm not sure he ever actually had that many matches, and was probably more well known as a Gridiron guy.

A really very good show is Human Weapon, by the way - far better than the Discovery Channel's copy "Fight Quest"...
chunk3rvd
I used to download wrestling from a forum but I can't remember for the life of me what it was called but here's what I can remember:

- The layout featured a red background
- Most files were uploaded on megaupload/rapidhsare
- Mainly concentrated on ROH/Japan/Indys but also gave the latest TNA/WWE releases each week
- I'm pretty sure the url ended in .de

Can anyone remember what this place was called? I've even looked through my old e-mails and can't find my regsitration link or anything

On a side note, I'm trying to get this weeks Impact to see what the fuss is about but can't use torrents as I'm on the work laptop. If anyone can assist there, would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: NEVERMIND! It was the Sledgehammer forums and it's been shut down a long time ago apparently. My search continues!!

Double Edit: Found a browser based torrent client. The website does all the work then sends me the file!! Pretty fucking neat:

Torrent Relay
dopper
Has anyone seen any wrestler other than Sabu perform a triple-jump moonsault?
KRS
QUOTE (dopper @ Oct 26 2008, 15:41) *

Its not the same variation as Sabu, but Chris Chetti used to jump from the apron onto the top rope in a corner, from that top rope to the other tope rope in the corner, and then jump from there for a moonsault. He did it pretty nicely and it looked like a great move.

He uses it towards the end of this match.
dopper
Yeah, that was one of my favourite moves back then.
I remember D'Lo Brown and Super Crazy doing a springboard from the apron over in the corner and hitting a 2nd rope moonsault which was similar too.

But besides those and the lionsault, I just realised today I have never seen or heard about anybody other than Sabu ever attempting the Triple-Jump Moonsault.
Dirty Eddie
QUOTE (KRS @ Oct 26 2008, 16:07) *
QUOTE (dopper @ Oct 26 2008, 15:41) *

Its not the same variation as Sabu, but Chris Chetti used to jump from the apron onto the top rope in a corner, from that top rope to the other tope rope in the corner, and then jump from there for a moonsault. He did it pretty nicely and it looked like a great move.

He uses it towards the end of this match.

Did Perry Saturn ever used to do it??

I know he did some similar variations in ECW when he was an Eliminator, but I recall reading that he ripped off a lot of Sabu and Taz's stuff when he got to WCW (despite the fucked knee).

??
RoryFice
I was browsing through the History of WWE site and noticed that at a MSG show on 1/17/94 there was a Royal Rumble match, won by Owen Hart. Apart from one on Smackdown a few years back, have there been any other non-PPV Royal Rumble matches at all?

EDIT: Answering my own question a bit, i've found an 18 man royal rumble match listed on 18/05/94 with Undertaker winning.
Daaaaaad!
QUOTE (Quote_the_raven_nevermore @ Oct 23 2008, 21:16) *

I've got a feeling that somewhere along the line I read about a Punk/Hero match that lasted 93mins, but I'm not at all sure on that. The longest Rumble match was 1hr 9mins, but again I'd be willing to bet that a few 'indie classics' have gone longer than that.

EDIT: The Punk/Hero match that went 93mins was a 2/3 Falls match. This Wojick interview seems to semi-confirm it: http://wrestlingclothesline.com/Wojcik-Punk.htm
bAzTNM#1
Anybody know who is the second-longest Intercontinental Champion in the record books?

Thank you.
KRS
QUOTE (bAzTNM @ Oct 27 2008, 8:49) *
Anybody know who is the second-longest Intercontinental Champion in the record books?

Thank you.

Curiously I was looking at this the other day. Not sure how accurate it is, but it should hopefully be of use.
bAzTNM#1
QUOTE (KRS @ Oct 27 2008, 9:11) *
QUOTE (bAzTNM @ Oct 27 2008, 8:49) *

Thank you.

Curiously I was looking at this the other day. Not sure how accurate it is, but it should hopefully be of use.

Thanks for that.

I'd have thought it was somebody more modern that Pedro Morales though. I thought it was The Rock.

Good stuff for finding the page there.
Ro_y Disco
Just 2 questions cos I can't remember the others I had stored up to ask:

1. When someone's doing a promo (e.g. Triple H on the SmackDown just gone), there's often a little black box under one of the turnbuckles in the ring. What on earth is it for?

2. What can anyone tell me about WWF releases receiving 'Except from Classification' ratings from the BBFC? How did they get away with it? Did the BBFC think wrestling was a legit sport? How long did it last and when/why was it revoked?

It's especially perplexing when a show like Rock Bottom IYH had violence, blood, bad language, a strip tease, and even attempted murder on 2 occasions! Even on it's DVD re-release in 2001ish, it still got an E rating.

Ta muchly.
children of bodom
the black box i believe is a speaker
Ro_y Disco
QUOTE (children of bodom @ Oct 27 2008, 11:44) *

What purpose does it serve though? My mate says it's so they can hear themselves speak in the ring, but that doesn't make much sense to me...
Statto
QUOTE (Ro_y Disco @ Oct 27 2008, 10:57) *
QUOTE (children of bodom @ Oct 27 2008, 11:44) *

What purpose does it serve though? My mate says it's so they can hear themselves speak in the ring, but that doesn't make much sense to me...

Yep, it's a monitor so you can hear yourself (and, probably more importantly, someone else in the ring with you) clearly. Same principle as using monitors so a band can hear themselves on stage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.