The 2006 UKFF 50~! - Official Results Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Well, the 2006 version of the now-annual UKFF 50~! project is now done and dusted. Loads of UKFFers took part, and represented a vast spectrum of viewing interests.

The story of how the 2006 list came about can be found through these links:

Stage One

Stage Two

Stage Three

The list is a ranking order of who the UKFF considers to be the "top workers" in the UK and Irish wrestling industry. As for the definition of "worker", well, please see the earlier stages for more info on how that can be interpreted.

On a personal note, I'd just like to thank each and every person who took part and contributed by providing nominations and votes. I would have hoped for more debate, campaiging and discussion, but the nomination and voting stages themselves created plenty of interest and controversy, and I have found it quite fun to see it all coming together and shaping up. So, thanks!!

Oh, yeah, the list!!

I will be revealing the rankings in reverse order gradually over the next few days. Who has claimed the top spot? Who has risen to the elite? Who has fallen from grace? "Stay tuned".

Here we go...

No. 50 - Dan Head

2005 Ranking - Not listed (New Entrant)

Moving up

danhpromopic.jpg

Former FWA Academy Champion makes the 50, but doesn't get any higher...2005-2006 has seen him graduate from the Academy shows to the main FWA roster, where he faced Stixx in a one-on-one match in February at "New Frontiers", and has also seen tag team action alongside regular partner, fellow Academy standout Max Voltage. Voltage and Head (known as "Maximum Head") have also become somewhat of a regular team for IPW-UK, colliding with The Dragon Hearts (Spud and Dragon Phoenix) in February, and rising to tag title contention. If Head can break the mould and stand out in style and look from the other FWA Academy products, he should have a bright future.

Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

No. 49 - Charlie Rage

2005 Ranking - Not Listed (New Entrant)

Moving Up

rageiq6.png

Former Dropkixx standout has been appearing on shows across the south-east and been a semi-regular for IWW. Also featured at the last WWE Raw tapings in London. Mr. Wrestlefest has his fans, but doesn't get any higher than 49...Reappeared in the FWA in April at "Crunch", and was revealed as the latest hired assasin to join with "Twisted Genius" Dean Ayass.

Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Paid Members

No. 48 - "Righteous" Paul Travell

2005 Ranking - 33

Moving Down

crunch030hp4.jpg

Falls a massive 15 places from 2005, probably due to lack of exposure in the past year...Long-time FWA loyalist has also appeared on HEW and IPW-UK shows in the south east. In the FWA, he continued to battle with former manager Greg "The Truth" Lambert, but also finally got his long-awaited one-on-one match with Alex Shane. Current FWA storyline has him in a long-term feud with the Greg-Lambert-managed Iceman, leading to some vicious stunt-based hardcore matches. Returned to IPW-UK to take part in a crap 3-way hardcore match with Battalion and Flaming Red, the most interesting part of which was them using a rubber cock wrapped in barbed wire...

(Pic courtesy of...me!!)

Edited by UK Hat Guy

• Paid Members

No. 47 - "Simply the Best" Chris Whitton

Moving Up

whittonsy2.png

3CW's very own, Whitton has been making waves as both a ultra-cocky heel, but also now as a popular babyface as part of the reformed Team Dormanstown with Kid Richie. Also now appears regularly for WZW, and has made appearances for IPW-UK and AWA-UK.

(Pic - yep, it's one of mine again...)

Edited by UK Hat Guy

when did this happen?and what a great way to get 50 more posts on the board.

DO fuck off, you absolute waste of bandwidth. UKHG took the time to make something that will spark a bit of debate on the board, tries to get people involved in something we can all look at and discuss and all you can do is pour scorn on it in your typical broken English. Fuck, right, off. And it

Why not just post the thing all at once? Are you still putting together the bios for each wrestler?

Because this is a bit different, and can lead to all kinds of discussion over who else is left, and who people think will be next etcStingersplash - be quiet, you damn fool.Great way of doing it in my opinion, and nice little picture to go with them, so people who may have heard the name, but not know who they are, or have seen them wrestle but didn't know their name can find out more about them.A bit more info about each wrestler would be good mind.I actually totally forgot to vote, didn't realise the time limit for voting ended so soon.Still, Whitton is very good in my opinion, but Number 47 is about right, seeing as so many fans won't have seen him.Rage and Travell deserve to be higher, but it depends who is ahead of them really. Edited by The Dart

I'm not surprised that Travell has dropped, but I'm surprised that he dropped so far.I've never seen Whitton before so I can't really comment on his position.I like the way of revealing them gradually and giving us a bit of info on each of them.

• Paid Members

Suprised Charlie Rage is so low down the top 50. He's been getting better and better. His new "Feel The Rage"/ HEW Hometown Hero gimmick has shown signs of being very entertaining.Travell dropping isnt a shock as he has had less exposure this year but I am suprised he's fallen so far and only just made the top 50.

Edited by Richie

• Paid Members

No. 46 - Kid Richie

Moving Up

richiepv1.png

"He floats like a butterfly, he stings like a bee, to his friends he's Dale Richards, to everyone else he's Kid Rich-ie!" Another of 3CW's very own, and ironically enough, he finishes just 1 place ahead of his 3CW Tag Team Championship partner Whitton. Has also played a major role in WZW's Cruiserweight division in 2006, and made a couple of appearances for AWA-UK and, more recently, IPW-UK. The young lad is a former 3CW Young Lions Champion, and incredibly popular with the ladies. Always the ultimate underdog, but shows plenty of FIRE, coming back with an explosive high-flying arsenal.

On a personal note, Whitton and Richie both appeared my own choice for the British Match of the Year so far, as a team against Stevie Lynn and Ice XVII in March, that more people really should see.

I seen Kid Richie and Chris Whitton up in Bishopton last year.That day, they looked pretty damn good, so I'm not at all surprised by their appearance in this list.I can't wait to see Darkside's placing in here. I was actually thinking that with the exposure he's getting, and with how good he is, he could end up in a VERY strong position.

• Paid Members

No. 45 - JC Thunder

2005 Ranking - 49

Moving Up

thunderhe0.png

The past 12 months have seen JC appear for GPW, 3CW, RDW, FWA and others, but has undoubtedly found his home in IPW-UK - where he is a cult hero, and possibly the most "over" performer on the entire roster...without winning a single match!! Brings a new sense of fun and interest to the dreaded "losing streak" gimmick, and actually comes out of each loss stronger than when he went in. Yes, clever booking may play a part, but JC plays he role wonderfully and has amassed huge support. Also formed a part of the ultra-cheesy/camp "Young Doctors" tag team with Dirk Feelgood in the FWA, going by the name of Dr. Jason Allbetter. Has proved he can brawl, talk, do comedy, or do straight-up wrestling, and is undoubtedly a bigger deal than this time last year. However, he only moves up 4 places in the UKFF 50~!...

Edited by UK Hat Guy