Dragon Gate 2014 UK Tour 25th & 26th July : Both DVDs released&#33

Mark Sloan

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

21/5/14

In this update

Night 2 First Half Main Event Announced

Mark Haskins DVD finished, Trailer online and available to pre-order from ShopHaskins.com

More News and Notes

Epic First Halff Main Event for Night 2 Announced

-------

N2_CIMA_Doi.jpg

CIMA v Naruki Doi

Absolutely huge match joins an already completely stacked Night 2 card. The two biggest names in Dragon Gate go one-on-one in the UK. Having fought each other in PPV Match Events on Dragon Gate's biggest events, they are definitely no stranger to one another, but with both men in the minus section of the win loss record, it's a big deal. First time one on one in Europe and we're expecting a massive battle, there may be no bigger singles match in Dragon Gate, and we mean in the entire companies history than CIMA v Doi and we're all going to witness the European version this July. It's hard to put into words the scale of this match but we'll stick with Huge Monumental Encounter for UK Wrestling Fans. Enjoy!

Mark Haskins DVD Finished, Trailer Released and Available to pre-order at ShopHaskins.com

-------

DGUK_DVD_Mark_Haskins_In_DGUK.jpg

We have finished production on the first Mark Haskins in DG:UK DVD, Featuring his first 6 matches in Dragon Gate UK which covers the 2009, 2010 and 2011 tours. This dvds will be primarily for the Star Attraction to take on the road and spread the goodness of the events. It's finish production and just about to go into manufacturing and is up for pre-order at

Night 1 main event being announced tomorrow?

apparantly a PPV main event rematch so I guess these are our candidates:

CIMA vs. Tozawa (not expecting thing since I think CIMA will be in the tag)

YAMATO vs. Yoshino

Doi vs. Yoshino (hope not, this may be the most done to death match in DG)

Yoshino vs. BxB Hulk

Doi vs. YAMATO

My money is on Yoshino vs. Hulk, because I think YAMATO & Doi are teaming in the tag.

Also, for the three team tag match on Night 2, I'm thinking two of the teams are Yoshino/Swann and Marty/Haskins, and the third is the two TBAs. Then I reckon it's Hulk vs. Lion Kid as the "decisive singles match".

Hi does anyone have a pciture of the DGUK logo with the DG dragon/Union flag background.

I'm toying with an idea for the show (Mark - I won't be selling anything - don't have funds or the imagination to pull that off :))

Second Tag Team Match, Second Reformation, The Day Before the Second Yamato v Yokosuka............

28/5/14

In this update

Night 1 First Half Main Event Announced

More News and Notes

Epic Main Event for Night 2 Announced

-------

N1_Speed_Muscle_Yamato_Yokosuka_.jpg

Speed Muscle v Yamato & Yokosuka

In 2011 we saw the unlikely one night only reunion one of the greatest tag teams in Dragon Gate history with CIMA coaxing GAMMA into the reformation of OSAKA 06 to help save his DG:UK career after 4 straight losses. It worked and in the process gave us the incredible Osaka 06 v Team UK tag team war in Nottingham. Fast forward to the 2014 tour and another very special treat as we've taken 4 of the very best and put them together for an epic Tag Team match. Reforming another incredible historic team in Dragon Gate, Yoshino and Naruki Doi set their current differences aside to reform "Speed Muscle" and they will take on two men who not only have "differences" but will also settle those differences the following night when Yamato and Yokosuka team up, just 24 hours before their huge rematch on Saturday July 26th. A match who has some many moving parts, it's a must see, who knows what is going to happen but Speed Muscle in DG:UK and Yokosuka and Yamato team the day before they will batter each other one more time! Come on.....

Event Details

-------

DG_2014_Poster.jpg

DG:UK X

Date : Friday July 25th

Doors Open : 7pm,

Show Start : 7.30

Est Finish : 10.15

Venue :

Broxbourne Civic Hall

High Street

Hoddlesdon

Herfordshire

EN11 8BE

Tickets :

Just thought of something.

Yamato is champion and Yokosuka is in the finals of the King of Gate tournament. Should susumu win.....dream gate match on night 2? Unlikely I know, but Yoko is arguably one of the top attractions in DGUK and a title match on uk soil would be massive. Just a thought :-)

only JUST noticed the 3 way tag match for night 2, wow that is gonna be awesome!

So far the cards are fantastic, speed muscle is the reason I got into dragon gate in the first place so this is going to be fantastic!

Hotel is booked, random none wrestling related question (sorry), is there anything or anywhere cool, interesting, nice to visit or to do around the area in the daytime before the events?

Just thought of something.

Yamato is champion and Yokosuka is in the finals of the King of Gate tournament. Should susumu win.....dream gate match on night 2? Unlikely I know, but Yoko is arguably one of the top attractions in DGUK and a title match on uk soil would be massive. Just a thought :-)

I don't see why not, the brave gate title was defended in Nottingham, this would be awesome!

Im still holding out hope for a Legit recognised DGUK title

• Paid Members
I don't see why not, the brave gate title was defended in Nottingham, this would be awesome!

I wouldn't care for it, touring companies having their titles defended over here usually gives away that the champion retains and crushes the intrigue. I prefer matches where I don't know who's going to win, and there is zero chance a Dragon Gate title changes hands over here.

Night 1 main event

CIMA vs. Tozawa

YAMATO vs. Yoshino

Yoshino vs. BxB Hulk

Doi vs. YAMATO

Hot dog, I think we have a wiener.

I wouldn't care for it, touring companies having their titles defended over here usually gives away that the champion retains and crushes the intrigue. I prefer matches where I don't know who's going to win, and there is zero chance a Dragon Gate title changes hands over here.

Night 1 main event

CIMA vs. Tozawa

YAMATO vs. Yoshino

Yoshino vs. BxB Hulk

Doi vs. YAMATO

Hot dog, I think we have a wiener.

I get what your saying, the whole win loss loser leaves stipulation last year pretty much told you that scurll was going to win the fatal 4 way.

Still, the roster bringing their titles over here just adds to the spectacle of it and when it really comes down to it when you've got something like YAMATO V susumu, win loose or draw its going to be epic

as for tozawa V CIMA, yes yes a thousand times yes!

Early Update!

3/6/14

In this update

Night 1 Main Event Announced

More News and Notes

Main Event for Night 1 Announced

-------

N1_Tozawa_CIMA.jpg

Tozawa v CIMA

A huge rematch from last year's Dead or Alive PPV event, with Monster Express standout, Akira Tozawa against the most recognisable star in Dragon Gate CIMA. Their Open the Dream Gate title match from May of last year was critically acclaimed across the globe and we're excited to bring such a huge contest to the UK this July. CIMA has primarily faced off against foriegn talent during the DG:UK tours but in 2014 he'll be facing off against long time rival Naruki Doi on night 2 and on night one he takes on the sensational Akira Tozawa, who's DG:UK record stands at 5-1.

Should Tozawa be victorious, that would take him to +5, and with Shingo unavailable for this tour it brings up alot of questions as to what will happen on Night 2 should Tozawa manage to win against Dragon Gate's biggest name. The mere fact this headlined one of last year's biggest PPV's should give even the most inexperienced DG fan some sort of scope into the magnitude of this contest. A huge batte to end the first night in Broxbourne!

Announcement Schedule

-------------------------------------

June

11 : Big Update TBC

18 : Friday Bonus Match

25 : Night 1 Final 2 Matches Announced

July

2 : Night 1 Final 2 Matches Announced

9 : Saturday Bonus Match

16 : Full Card Run Down and Final Notes

News and Notes

-----------------

Best wishes to Lion Kid, who marries his longtime girlfriend this Thursday!

With all but the bonus matches and opening two matches on each night announced. These cards look tremendous.

Saturday is very close to selling out now, anyone still undecided be sure to purchase those tickets shortly.

Next weeks update is scheduled to be a big one with some pretty big news, providing it's confirmed.

Tour shirt has slipped to next week now.

Event Partners

-----------------

wrestlingstoresponsorlogo.jpg

WrestlingStore.co.uk,

The outright leader in Professional Wrestling Merchanidse in Europe. Part of the AMerchandise group, Wrestling Store is the main European wrestling merchandise source for all non WWE products. We are the main official suppliers for TNA Wrestling, Ring of Honor Wrestling, Dragon Gate and more, founded in 2003. With huge stocks of all the latest DVDs, Clothing and all kinds of miscellaneous merchandise you can be sure to find everything the true wrestling fan could want. With the largest selection of wrestling merchandise in Europe, Wrestling store has just opened it's first retail store in Portsmouth City Centre.

(www.wrestlingstore.co.uk)

xheader.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qpgsZVOoZQ.jpg

I heart DG

The biggest Dragon Gate resource site on the Internet. Jae at IheartDG.com keeps the site upto date with all the goings on in DG Japan, along with schedules, profiles, news and notes plus a monthly podcast of all things DG

(www.http://iheartdg.com)

fsmsponsorlogo.jpg

Fighting Spirit Magazine

The only Wrestling and MMA monthly magazines available nationwide, FSM magazine brings together news and articles from around the world each month with regular Columnist Lance Storm and the infamous Open mic segment where Top Wrestling stars from around the world get their chance to have a no holds barred say on any subject that they please.

(www.fightingspiritmagazine.co.uk)

Archived