RQW returns, asks for money

Big Benny HG

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He had the heavyweight belt, the two tag belts, the cruiserweight belt and the women's belt. Different strap colours, all the same basic design based off the WWF title circa 2000. In fairness I don't actually know how much he paid or where he got them from, I'm just going off what I've heard about belt costs from other people who, knowing them, probably did get jipped.

EDIT: Anyway, we're getting off-topic. However much the belts cost way back when, that's not much of an excuse for still needing to borrow money now.

Also, I don't think that Len's thought this through enough to have been told it isn't viable by banks when looking for a loan. I think it's his first choice, and I think his choice of method is simple bandwagon-jumping.

I know that this is probably not a wise thing to do, and I certainly am not intending to justify myself or what I choose to do in my life, but I think a few questions need answering.

1. The New distributor that I have for the RQW shows is actively pushing the programming into territories that I never thought possible. He prompted me into creating the 30 minute show "RQW Bites" that is apparently in popular demand in India. I have 31 episodes of that created and there will be 100 by the end of the year.

2. The only reason for the startup costs is to hire studio time. Nobody questions when someone tries to raise $100,000 for a movie, so I don't see why everyone is being so bitter.

3. If I wanted to push myself I could have done a lot better with the exorbitant amount of money that I've spent trying to promote British wrestling. The people that count know the story because they've been involved with it, and there are other promoters who've also spent ridiculous amounts of money that know exactly what I'm talking about. It seems that everyone who tried to put British wrestling back on its feet for some reason becomes a pariah. EVERYBODY who worked on RQW shows was paid, I NEVER broke a promise, and the fact that I'm in regular contact with the people that count speaks for itself. Also MANY promotions benefitted from FREE use of my entranceways, cameras, sound equipment and time, all to make the show that much more of an experience.

4. The Heavyweight belt (still in the hands of Ulf Herman despite me trying to get it back for 4 years) cost $3,000 and all of the belts were made by Reggie Parks. The Cruiserweight, and Womens belts cost $1500 each and the Tag belts $3,000 for the both. I could have got them made for a fraction of the cost in the UK BUT I felt that British wrestlers deserved to be competing for something of value not something that looks like it came out of a christmas cracker.

As far as the guy who says he wanted to smack me in the mouth, I wish he had. I prefer people who are honest, and at least I'd know the real person, although why he was so upset I have no idea.

Also my facebook mention of the IMDB credits was not for me, I have more than enough, but I had been speaking to a young actor who'd done a lot of short films and couldn't get one credit posted to his IMDB account.

In closing, I have a lot of promotions who want to be involved, and am proud to be showcasing the British talent that so deserve to be shown off to the World. What you guys think of me or what I did in the past is irrelevent. I have only ever had the British wrestling industry at heart, and the people who count know that.

Enjoy ripping this post apart. I know you have little else to do in your lives (sorry couldn't resist it)

Len

• Paid Members
Enjoy ripping this post apart. I know you have little else to do in your lives (sorry couldn't resist it)

Well I can hear the fucking dinero just flying in after that barb.

Hey Len, here's a little tip from old Uncle Rave, and i'm not even going to ask for a donation for it: Go take all this apparent knowledge you have for wrestling, promote some profitable shows, and use this money to fund your little dream rather than asking others to foot the bill.

If this 'phase 2' is so good and going to make good profits, why would you share it? I'm starting to think you've spent too much time with Alex and have become a con man yourself.

**I now await a PM off Alex threatening me with legal action unless I remove my last statement.

I don't what I've ever done to you to deserve such venom from a fellow Welshman. What I'm doing is not a little dream and it will happen whether it gets funded on indiegogo or not. I was talked into going that route and thought I'd give it a try. As far as apparent wrestling knowledge is concerned, I've NEVER professed to be an expert and paid people to run the shows for me, which if you knew the history, you'd know that was the case. All I ever wanted to do was give British wrestlers a good stage to perform on and a market for their talent. Before you start calling someone a con man check the history, and I mean the REAL history. Find ONE PERSON on an RQW show that was unpaid. Ask the people who came to RQW House for free to watch pay per views, ask the wrestlers who I've given footage to for their reels FOR FREE, ask promotions like IPW:UK who used my entranceways and cameras FOR FREE for a very long time, and the FWA who I filmed and let edit their programming in my facility for nearly 2 years. Just setting the record straight, but I know you'll have the last word, but at least now you know the truth.

Hey Len, here's a little tip from old Uncle Rave, and i'm not even going to ask for a donation for it: Go take all this apparent knowledge you have for wrestling, promote some profitable shows, and use this money to fund your little dream rather than asking others to foot the bill.

If this 'phase 2' is so good and going to make good profits, why would you share it? I'm starting to think you've spent too much time with Alex and have become a con man yourself.

**I now await a PM off Alex threatening me with legal action unless I remove my last statement.

I don't what I've ever done to you to deserve such venom from a fellow Welshman. What I'm doing is not a little dream and it will happen whether it gets funded on indiegogo or not. I was talked into going that route and thought I'd give it a try. As far as apparent wrestling knowledge is concerned, I've NEVER professed to be an expert and paid people to run the shows for me, which if you knew the history, you'd know that was the case. All I ever wanted to do was give British wrestlers a good stage to perform on and a market for their talent. Before you start calling someone a con man check the history, and I mean the REAL history. Find ONE PERSON on an RQW show that was unpaid. Ask the people who came to RQW House for free to watch pay per views, ask the wrestlers who I've given footage to for their reels FOR FREE, ask promotions like IPW:UK who used my entranceways and cameras FOR FREE for a very long time, and the FWA who I filmed and let edit their programming in my facility for nearly 2 years. Just setting the record straight, but I know you'll have the last word, but at least now you know the truth.

With all due respect, would it be unfair to say that the profile of RQW by no means reflected the interest, and that pumping money into something does not necessarily give it worth and credibility?

And that perhaps said coverage would be better utilised on highlighting the promotions with a profitable business model, thus ensuring the foundations of wrestling development in this country are not in the hands of people who make a lot of bluster in FSM, etc and then disappear for an age when the latest buzz idea sinks?

Nothing personal, just my thoughts.

With all due respect, would it be unfair to say that the profile of RQW by no means reflected the interest, and that pumping money into something does not necessarily give it worth and credibility?

And that perhaps said coverage would be better utilised on highlighting the promotions with a profitable business model, thus ensuring the foundations of wrestling development in this country are not in the hands of people who make a lot of bluster in FSM, etc and then disappear for an age when the latest buzz idea sinks?

Nothing personal, just my thoughts.

RQW Started in 2005, had a credible business model but until you try you never know, and still exists as a company. It went on the sidelines last year when I came out to LA. 6 years is hardly what I would call a buzz idea. When people don't know the background they can assume all sorts of things, but I never blustered. I always backed up my words.

Archived