WWE's 50 Greatest Finishing Moves - RESULTS PAGE 9

PSF

Taken from Ewrestling news:

WWE will release a "50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History" DVD on August 21st. Amazon has the following synopsis: "The 50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History presents the most amazing, devastating, and bone crunching signature moves in this countdown-style production guaranteed to stir up controversy and banter among the WWE Universe. From Sweet Chin Music to the Rock Bottom, Attitude Adjustment and everything in between, these are the moves guaranteed to bring the masses to their feet and to leave the unfortunate recipient lying on the mat for the inevitable three count. Which moves made the cut, and what is the greatest finishing move in the history of WWE. This 3-Disc DVD is great for the opinionated WWE history buffs who love to debate which Superstar's moves are the greatest.

So in light of this, I'd like to make a list of our very own and see how it compares to the WWE version. I know we've tried these lists before and they have fell flat on their arse, but I'd like to give it a go.

So heres to the rules:

Email me your TOP 10 to psfukff@gmail.com

- When detailing your top 10 please make sure you name the wrestler you prefer doing the move. E.G. Arn Andersons Spinebuster. You can vote for the same move twice considering its performed by different wrestlers.

- The move in 10th place will receive 1 point and the move in 1st will receive 10 points etc...

- Tag team finishers do count.

- You have until the 25th May to get your emails in.

- The list will begin to be published on the 28th May.

I will now be composing a list of the top 5 worst finishers in WWE/WCW history too. Same rules apply as above, but please just send me through your TOP 5.

Get your emails in.

I think thats all covered so crack on and get the emails in.

Wasn't aware of that, but if I could have approval it would be appreciated. Purely an experiment to see how I version compares to WWE's watered down version before the DVD is released.

• Paid Members

Wasn't aware of that, but if I could have approval it would be appreciated. Purely an experiment to see how I version compares to WWE's watered down version before the DVD is released.

Jumping the gun a bit there. The DVD could be marvelous and your judgment would be surely down to personal opinion no?

Jumping the gun a bit there. The DVD could be marvelous and your judgment would be surely down to personal opinion no?
Possibly, but do you honestly think that the AA will not be in the top ten? That justify's "Watered Down" all by itself.

• Paid Members

Possibly, but do you honestly think that the AA will not be in the top ten? That justify's "Watered Down" all by itself.

No it doesn't. What does justify a good finisher? The AA is a perfect main even finishing move.

Yeah this sounds like a well good thread to read through if you do the write ups decent enough :)

Well I'll try my best pal. From the emails already received its looking like a pretty interesting list, and not exactly what I was expecting. Should be good.

If the mods have a problem your idea, why not just run it as a thread, have folk post their lists rather than having all the carry on of sending e-mails?With these kind of threads, it's more interesting seeing individual top tens anyway imo. You can still collate it all at the end to come up with a group top 50.

I've sent a list and the finishers I've gone for all adhere to at least one of the following: 1)Realism, 2) Can be used on any opponent of any size, 3) Rarely if ever kicked out of and 4) is over and provoked a good crowd reaction at all times. I also threw in my #10 just because it looks cool and the first time I saw it I didn't actually believe it had happened until I saw a replay.

My hopes for this thread just died.

• Paid Members

My hopes for this thread just died.
Yeah, you wouldn't have caught me being biased for or against things in my top 50 list....

Archived