Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The 100 Best Horror Films Of All Time, According to Time Out
King Pitcos
post Apr 16 2012, 23:34
Post #241

Main Eventer

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,013

It just felt tonally similar to Lost Boys to me. And that bloke digging the hole in the garden reminded me a lot of him in Lost Boys who's porking the mother and turns out to be a vampire. I don't think I'd much rate Creepshow and the like nowadays either, but as a kid, I loved that one with the mummy who pulls brains out of people's noses.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chokeout
post Apr 16 2012, 23:36
Post #242

Card Filler

Group: Paid Members
Member No.: 6,870

QUOTE (King Pitcos @ Apr 17 2012, 0:34) *
It just felt tonally similar to Lost Boys to me. And that bloke digging the hole in the garden reminded me a lot of him in Lost Boys who's porking the mother and turns out to be a vampire. I don't think I'd much rate Creepshow and the like nowadays either, but as a kid, I loved that one with the mummy who pulls brains out of people's noses.

Thats tales from the darkside

--------------------

+Quote Post
Halitosis Romant...
post Apr 16 2012, 23:36
Post #243

European Champion

Member No.: 7,486

The Lost Boys is absolute bullshit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Devon Malcolm
post Apr 16 2012, 23:40
Post #244

Best In The Off-Topic World 2010 (with Frankie!) & 2011

Member No.: 10,962

QUOTE (Rosegarden Funeral @ Apr 17 2012, 0:36) *
The Lost Boys is absolute bullshit.

It really is utter crap. Someone on here a few months ago was, in all seriousness, proclaiming it as the greatest vampire film ever. Don't remember who it was, though, so hold the witchhunt for now. Investigations are ongoing.

Joel Schumacher can just fuck off.

This post has been edited by Gladstone Small: Apr 16 2012, 23:41

--------------------

+Quote Post
The King Of Swin...
post Apr 16 2012, 23:46
Post #245

Mid Carder

Member No.: 14,322

Lost Boys is fun for what it is but greatest vampire film ever? fuck that it isn't even the best vampire film of 1987.

--------------------
Insert shit sig here.

+Quote Post
chokeout
post Apr 16 2012, 23:48
Post #246

Card Filler

I like Lost Boys, Its a big neon mess of a film but its fun.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris B
post Apr 17 2012, 0:06
Post #247

Mid Carder

Member No.: 4,072

QUOTE (Rosegarden Funeral @ Apr 16 2012, 23:49) *
QUOTE (Rey_Piste @ Apr 16 2012, 22:07) *
Talking of horrror films that do a good job of buolding suspense, which are light on scares, but it all comes to a great conclusion I would have to put out the film House Of The Devil. http://youtu.be/6SOur3WwZvM The film is about 3 years old, but it's based in the 80's and if you didn't know otherwise you could easily mistake for a cleaned up print of a film from that decade. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it, but it is a film that needs your attention, my girlfriend was bored with it and spent most of the film dicking about with her phone.

House of the Devil is lovely - the screeners were sent out in giant clamshell VHS cases, which I would absolutely love (I love collecting ephemera like that, one day I'll have somewhere to put it, along with my Floyd Mayweather Wrestlemania money, and "How to be a Successful Model" by Viju Krem, the ballerina from Bloodsucking Freaks). Ti West did direct The Roost, though, which I was really looking forward to, but which was pretty weak.

Anyone seen Trick 'r' Treat?

Want to hear something really annoying? I have a VHS promo copy of the House of the Devil. I won it at one of the double bill things I mentioned earlier. Unfortunately... I lack a VHS player. So I still haven't seen it.

--------------------
My twitter
POV, my first book came out recently. It's a SF thriller for just 99p.

+Quote Post
DEF
post Apr 17 2012, 1:02
Post #248

Card Filler

Member No.: 2,281

QUOTE (Chris B @ Apr 16 2012, 20:32) *
Candyman? Brilliant, beautiful film. If you're looking at it as a slasher film, you may disagree, but that's because it's not trying to be a slasher film. It's more Legend of Sleepy Hollow than it is Friday the 13th.

I'm with you there. Its more like a emo Nightmare on Elm Street.

I'm not seeing the similarities to Trick 'R Treat and Lost Boys either. Lost Boys is fun but its no classic. Anyone that thinks its the greatest Vampire film ever is deluded. Its far more like a less good Creepshow. Really like Trick 'R Treat having said that its great fun. Like a EC comic book or Eerrie Indiana.

Any love for Night of the Creeps? I never saw it on original release. I'm not even sure it came out on DVD here but I took a punt on the Blu ray and its great fun. Tom Atkins is amazing and should be in everything.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Halitosis Romant...
post Apr 17 2012, 1:07
Post #249

European Champion

Member No.: 7,486

I don't understand why Trick 'r' Treat is supposed to be anything like the Lost Boys either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bAzTNM#1
post Apr 17 2012, 7:18
Post #250

No. 1 Contender

Member No.: 909

All this talk about "The Exorcist" and "Exorcist 3" remind me how unbelievably awful "The Exorcist 2" was. I don't know what they were trying to do there, but, wow.

It had a disco soundtrack too, which was also unbelievably strange.

Here is the trailer..

"The Exorcist 2: The Heretic" Trailer. I'll add a NSFW just for be safe.

--------------------
My website, filled with random stuff

HERO 1952 - 2000 ....Kisses for Cara.....Baby was born 27th Feb 2014!

Join the UKFF Last.fm Group!

+Quote Post
chokeout
post Apr 17 2012, 8:49
Post #251

Card Filler

QUOTE (DEF @ Apr 17 2012, 2:02) *
Any love for Night of the Creeps? I never saw it on original release. I'm not even sure it came out on DVD here but I took a punt on the Blu ray and its great fun. Tom Atkins is amazing and should be in everything.

I saw Night of the creeps years ago and never really paid it much attention. I saw it again at a midnight double bill in February and its great, campy fun. I love how well they play up on the 50s creature feature style with an 80s twist

QUOTE (bAzTNM#1 @ Apr 17 2012, 8:18) *
All this talk about "The Exorcist" and "Exorcist 3" remind me how unbelievably awful "The Exorcist 2" was. I don't know what they were trying to do there, but, wow.

It had a disco soundtrack too, which was also unbelievably strange.

Here is the trailer..

"The Exorcist 2: The Heretic" Trailer. I'll add a NSFW just for be safe.

When The Exorcist was finally released it came in a boxset with the 2 sequels and the only positive thing I can say about The Heretic is that it was so bad it lulled me into a false sense of security and low expectations for the third which, as mentioned before, has that pant staining moment.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Loki
post Apr 17 2012, 8:57
Post #252

Inter-Continental Champion

Member No.: 4,905

I know it's a comedy, but I have a soft spot for Fright Night as well, I'd probably put that in my Top 50.

I love Lost Boys, but in the way I love The Goonies,Pump Up The Volume and Heathers. They're not the greatest films ever but they are absolutely in the zone of my childhood memories.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JohnnyChimpo
post Apr 17 2012, 9:29
Post #253

European Champion

Member No.: 3,275

QUOTE (Loki @ Apr 17 2012, 9:57) *
I love Lost Boys, but in the way I love The Goonies,Pump Up The Volume and Heathers. They're not the greatest films ever but they are absolutely in the zone of my childhood memories.

Yeah, this for me too. Fuck anyone who doesnt like The Lost Boys.

+Quote Post
Chris B
post Apr 17 2012, 9:49
Post #254

Mid Carder

Member No.: 4,072

Has anyone else seen Stage Fright AKA Deliria?

Cheap as chips 80s slasher movie set in a theatre, with a killer wearing a ludicrous owl mask. It's very, very silly, but actually quite effective in places.

There's a scene near the end where the last survivor (who the killer doesn't know about) is watching the killer as he sets up the bodies on stage, then just sits serenely amongst them. It's creepy as fuck.

--------------------
My twitter
POV, my first book came out recently. It's a SF thriller for just 99p.

+Quote Post
CorpRobinson
post Apr 17 2012, 10:16
Post #255

Jobber

Member No.: 7,974

Stage Fright is a movie ive been looking to view for a while, tonights viewings are :

Cat in the Brain & New York Ripper

And theres loads of love in my eyes for Fright Night thats what a Campy vampire movie should be that and Vamp i loved Vamp when i was younger i used to watch it all the time Grace Jones was Badass

--------------------

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st April 2014 - 12:08