Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Pretty good list, this, I think:-

100.Come and See (1985)

99.Dead Alive (1992)

98.Flesh for Frankenstein (1973)

97.I Walked with a Zombie (1943)

96.Cronos (1993)

95.Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

94.God Told Me To (1976)

93.Threads (1984)

92.Inferno (1980)

91.The Fog (1980)

90.Daughters of Darkness (1971)

89.The Black Cat (1934)

88.The Mist (2007)

87.Martin (1976)

86.Let's Scare Jessica to Death (1971)

85.Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)

84.Black Sunday (1960)

83.The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)

82.Re-Animator (1985)

81.Day of the Dead (1985)

80.Hellraiser (1987)

79.Dead Ringers (1988)

78.Society (1989)

77.Sal

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Wicker man not in the top 50 :angry:

Martin is higher than I thought it would be, as is Phantasm (which I have never really rated that highly) Cronos (Its a good but flawed film) doesnt belong in there either but its a good mix and you can argue for and against the Exorcist as no1 forever but I can see why people vote for it

LISTS~! are dangerous, dangerous things. It's gotten to the point where I now hate debating and discussing them. One thing I will say is that Hellraiser is insanely low and I've really never gotten the fascination for The Exorcist.

Cue Sickboy complaining about The Descent in 5, 4, 3...

• Paid Members
LISTS~! are dangerous, dangerous things. It's gotten to the point where I now hate debating and discussing them. One thing I will say is that Hellraiser is insanely low and I've really never gotten the fascination for The Exorcist.

Cue Sickboy complaining about The Descent in 5, 4, 3...

Why, what's wrong with The Descent? It's excellent.

Yeah, lists are dangerous but they get some good comparative discussions going and there's always at least one pillock who takes them too seriously and has a breakdown over them.

• Paid Members

S'alright list that, might have to catch a few I don't know. If I was being a list-perv I might have put Jaws a bit higher. It's a different type of horror film though. Lots of different sub-genres mixing. Psycho gets a good showing though so that's sweet enough.

I think it's excellent but I recall him moaning about it in chat once or twice before. Not to harp on about his taste, but I'm pretty sure he thinks the remake of Texas Chain Saw Masscare is superior to the original, which to me, is grounds for having your eyes removed.

• Paid Members
I think it's excellent but I recall him moaning about it in chat once or twice before. Not to harp on about his taste, but I'm pretty sure he thinks the remake of Texas Chain Saw Masscare is superior to the original, which to me, is grounds for having your eyes removed.

:confused:

The only merit of the remake is Jessica Biel in a vest. Everything else about it is shit

• Paid Members
The Shining is ridiculously overrated as a movie

Wrong. It's a masterpiece. Especially the full length version.

Not seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The Descent is fantastic. The fact that it has the bottle to spend almost half its length building up the characters and tension before anything horrific happens is my favourite part about it, and its major twist is brilliantly done.

The Descent is excellent. In the cinema.

It doesn't translate to DVD quite so well, the big screen really lent itself it to the claustrophobic atmosphere the film wanted to create.

Evil Dead 2 is a smart choice, though probably deserves to be higher. As for Phantasm, it's a bit pastiche but i've always loved it.

This list misses Braindead, though. I adore that film.

• Paid Members
The Shining is ridiculously overrated as a movie

Wrong. It's a masterpiece. Especially the full length version.

It was on TCM on Friday night and they showed a very random cut of the film, which was the extended US edition but with other bits taken out. was very odd

Archived