Things you wish you knew before going to a WWE Live Event

seanz25

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is true, I was sat near enough the stage for RAW in Miami. If you forgot about the pyro for uso's and didn't expect Kane to come out or you're chatting away when Show comes out. Your jumping out of your seat. Good thing is your never alone so nobody laughs at you.

That every div in your row -- and they all will be divs -- is going to go to the toilet or just for a wander about a million times during the show, so you're constantly getting up to let people past. It's as bad as Mass, with all the sit-stand-sit-stand annoyance. I assume that isn't specific to wrestling, though.

The most awful thing about TV tapings is when they re-shoot stuff because either the guys in the ring fucked something up, or perhaps the cameras didnt get the right shot. This affects both Raw and SmackDown tapings when they are in the UK. Nothing more business-exposing and frustrating for an audience to witness than the finish to a match being redone.

How exactly do they do that? Do the guys just walk to the ring and do the spot again, or do they contrive some kind of situation around it?

The most awful thing about TV tapings is when they re-shoot stuff because either the guys in the ring fucked something up, or perhaps the cameras didnt get the right shot. This affects both Raw and SmackDown tapings when they are in the UK. Nothing more business-exposing and frustrating for an audience to witness than the finish to a match being redone.

How exactly do they do that? Do the guys just walk to the ring and do the spot again, or do they contrive some kind of situation around it?

It depends. Sometimes, like when they did fifty retakes of Drew McIntyre attacking Finlay, it just seems like a really boring, repetitive angle. With a match, usually it looks ridiculous. At the Liverpool Raw in November, the main event was Cena and Ryder vs Awesome Truth and they fucked something up in the finish. I think the way they got to the redo was Cena challenging Miz and Truth to get back in the ring, and this time it was even worse because R-Truth completely missed his cue to hold Cena's feet down as Miz pinned him. So they did the same spot a third time. After one of the retake brawl/pins, Cena got on the mic and said "That wasn't even a match!"

It depends. Sometimes, like when they did fifty retakes of Drew McIntyre attacking Finlay, it just seems like a really boring, repetitive angle. With a match, usually it looks ridiculous. At the Liverpool Raw in November, the main event was Cena and Ryder vs Awesome Truth and they fucked something up in the finish. I think the way they got to the redo was Cena challenging Miz and Truth to get back in the ring, and this time it was even worse because R-Truth completely missed his cue to hold Cena's feet down as Miz pinned him. So they did the same spot a third time. After one of the retake brawl/pins, Cena got on the mic and said "That wasn't even a match!"

Is there any footage of the mcintrye/finlay 'attack'?

• Paid Members
The people sat near you will smell terrible.

Less than at a British wrestling show though.

The thing that surprised me most when I first went to a big wrestling show (it was WCW) was that there was no commentary out loud in the arena, seems weird that I thought there would be now but at the time I was really surprised.

The thing that surprised me most when I first went to a big wrestling show (it was WCW) was that there was no commentary out loud in the arena, seems weird that I thought there would be now but at the time I was really surprised.

I used to wonder about that, as I have a friend who went to see World Wrestling All-stars around 2002 and it had Disco Inferno and someone else doing live commentary out loud.

Archived