WWE Raw 2nd April 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

• Paid Members
TNA are probably thinking " Oh for fucks sake" right about now.

They should be delighted if anything. If WWE does well, the entire industry is up overall. If WWE is in the gutter, people will be put off wrestling and won't go and see TNA or others as much. If WWE are hot then their guys become bigger stars which mean when they have a clear-out then when TNA pick up the dregs they are bigger-name dregs.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Wasn't sure where to post this and apologies if it's already been posted.

MMA sites are saying that Brock's new WWE contract is for one year, likely 2 dates a month and he'll reportedly make $5 million.

Wasn't sure where to post this and apologies if it's already been posted.

MMA sites are saying that Brock's new WWE contract is for one year, likely 2 dates a month and he'll reportedly make $5 million.

I would had thought it would be 5 dates a month. Aka every RAW and PPV. 2 dates a month, would there be point? :s

• Paid Members

Apparently it's 35 dates per year, which is rumoured to be 2 per month, but with more leading up to Mania 29 (thus making up the 35 dates figure). It sounds about right, it was said his contract meant he'd work more than Taker but less than Goldberg did. A couple of appearances per month IMO is plenty to keep him a novelty for the entire year.

• Paid Members
No doubt the $5 million will rise to around $8+ after bonuses and royalties.

I personally hope he sticks around after a year.

I doubt hes earning anywhere near that amount. I'd say $2-3 million (based on what he was earning with the UFC). $8million is more than Stone Cold was earning in his prime

Was I the only one that thought Tensai looked ridiculous then? like a mix between Super Shredder with that helmet and robe and a thai belly dancer with that face mask, his overall shape hasnt really improved either. I also thought Brock looked very big, hes clearly been on the weights alot recently, although he didnt looked to be in that sort of toned WWE condition.

• Paid Members

Tensai was appalling.

He managed to come back in worse shape, looking and wrestling shitter than when he left. He managed to prolong a squash match so long that he didn't come off looking dominant.

The entire thing is stupid though as I expected him to come back as basically the A-Train but with all these new Japanese quirks and mannerisms, but he's came back and being pushed like a completely new character, which is ridiculous because everyone knows he's Albert/A-Train and he's too established to reinvent himself like Dolph Ziggler or whoever did. He's like a fat Kerwin White.

Loved this RAW. Best in years. Was reminicent of TNA's 4th Jan impact cause you didnt know which old face was gonna show up next.

Lord Tensai is just odd. A-Train was over (to a degree) when he was in WWE, he went to Japan and blew up big time but apparently whats cool in Japan isn't always just as cool in WWE (different styles, Japan fans just sitting back and admiring big blokes and going "OOOOOOHHHH!" like they do.) Squash match was too slow, too long and the crowd was dead throuout....however I will always back whatever Matt Bloom does so therefore think his comeback and funny little gimmick is class!

Abraham Washington is back! I may be in the 0.1% who loved the AW show but he'll be helping big Mark Henry whose looked shit hot for the last few months (he looked particularly strong and intense on Mania's go home show) Welcome back AW!

I strangely loved Albertoooooo Del Rioooooooooo coming back. I've missed the suarve fucker while he's been away. He's cool as shit and I'd love to see him put up a decent fight for Sheamus' belt.

Lesnar's comeback was really quite something. Mad goosebumps when that opening noise of his theme came out. The intensity of the F5 was like he hasnt been away. I especially liked the symbolic kicking of the cap. Brock's the man.

• Paid Members

I thought he looked a bit like The Sultan in the full outfit. It was an alright squash and he got a good reaction, but he did look as though he was a bit unsure on his feet at times, which was odd.

Fantastic Raw, though. Better than Wrestlemania, with a crowd that was 10 times better than Mania's. The Punk v Henry match might be the TV match of the year so far. I'm not nearly as bothered about Lesnar's return as I thought I would be, though, and he didn't look all that bothered himself.

I was more interested in Del Rio's return. I love me some Alberto.

• Moderators

After the slagging it had in this thread, I was surprisingly entertained by the Tensai match. I thought he came off looking pretty good. Impressed me more than he ever did as A-Train although a big part of that, I'm sure, is the novelty. I'll get bored of him soon enough, but I'm enjoying it for now!

Del Rio really seemed like a big deal on his return. Last time I saw him he still felt like a nobody. Good stuff.

I don't think the gimmick will work if I'm honest. If he'd just come out without all the suit stuff, and looked like a fucking monster then they would've had a chance, but he looked stupid and the entrance almost had me bored before he'd even done anything.

He's more than capable in the ring but they'll need to book him a lot better for him to be a success this time round.

Archived