Re-Booking Thread - Year 2001

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Triple H and Stone Cold had already had a big fued from October to February, I don't think I could have hacked ANOTHER Triple H/Stone Cold fued only a couple of months after that one finished regardless of the face/heel dynamic being swapped.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Triple H and Stone Cold had already had a big fued from October to February, I don't think I could have hacked ANOTHER Triple H/Stone Cold fued only a couple of months after that one finished regardless of the face/heel dynamic being swapped.

I never understand comments like this. If the story is good enough, and the workers are good enough, it would be entertaining, even if its been done before. Triple H and The Rock feuded for most of 98-2000, and their feud stayed white hot and was a huge ratings draw despite them fighting each other having been seen so frequently in the previous 3 years.

• Paid Members

But the Triple H/Stone Cold fued in late 2000/early 2001 was fucking shit and all the matches were crap. A switch in face/heel wouldn't have made it any better, especially with all the WCW madness going on at the same time.

And The Rock/Triple H fued was spread out enough over those two years and their characters and storylines both changed significantly over that time (as well as both men getting better and better as each week passed), and only in 2000 were they the main focus of the promotion. Before that their fued was second fiddle to Stone Cold/Vince.

But the Triple H/Stone Cold fued in late 2000/early 2001 was fucking shit and all the matches were crap. A switch in face/heel wouldn't have made it any better, especially with all the WCW madness going on at the same time.

And The Rock/Triple H fued was spread out enough over those two years and their characters and storylines both changed significantly over that time (as well as both men getting better and better as each week passed), and only in 2000 were they the main focus of the promotion. Before that their fued was second fiddle to Stone Cold/Vince.

The three stages of hell was crap????????

Shame they couldn't have got Flair in there earlier as he would have made the storylines more interesting. I think the fans would have accepted WCW as faces had Flair been their leader.

I don't think WWF fans would have ever accepted WCW as faces the whoel way through, for a period perhaps but they were conditioned to see them as the enemy, and given how little it seems WCW fans made the transition to the WWF I don't think they'd have got many of them either.

• Paid Members

Thats fair enough if you feel that way. I thought the Triple H/Stone Cold feud was excellent, and I know your in the minority if you consider their matches to be crap. The 3 Stages of Hell was MOTY in 2001.

While The Rock and Triple H was spread out over the 3 years, they were always lurking around each other, even if not directly in a feud at the time. They feuded all summer in 98 until Triple H got injured, then had a mini Corporation/DX feud when HHH returned in the winter. Several tag team main events, an I Quit match, etc. When Rock turned face and Triple H turned heel around Mania 15, they feuded into the summer of 99, pretty much the whole way through til the King of the Ring in 2000, taking only a month off in between their rivalries. They fought on PPV in 99 at Over The Edge, a month later at Fully Loaded, skip a month for Summerslam, both in the 6 pack challenge at Unforgiven, next PPV was Triple H v Austin, but Rock was very much in the picture, even getting involved in the main event, then again at Survivor Series in a triple threat, skip a month for Armageddon, Rumble and No Way Out was Triple H v Foley, but Rock was, again, very much a part of the angle, then every PPV in a row from Wrestlemania 16 through Backlash, Judgement Day and King of the Ring. Thats not counting numerous other bouts like the Smackdown main event that HBK referee

Archived