Fight Club Pro - Friday 23 March - Wolverhampton

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drinks in the planet are dirt cheap. About 2 quid if memory serves me for spirit and a mixer.

You'll have a blast. FCP is a great little promotion and for a fiver is pound for pound the most entertaining show you'll see in the UK. I can't make it this month but I'll certainly be back in May!

Thanks for the info!

How early would you say i would need to arrive or is it pretty easy to get in? Also how easy is it to get next to the cage?

Its usually doors around 7 and belltime 730 but it usually starts a little later than that. You'll get in without a problem. Never had to queue outside but everyone congregates downstairs in the club until they let you upstairs. Once your upstairs the show starts within 10 mins......have a good time mate!!

Great show tonight. Opening tag match was good and MK looks an absolute star. Gresham/Mastiff was a great fun little little man vs big man match. The other match was merely acceptable, bordering on okay if just for Spud's antics. And the main event was fantastic, an absolute war that has left my throat sore from shouting. Main event was more than worth the drive down, fiver entry and long ass drive home in the fog

Eddie vs MK will definitely get me to FCP again, hopefully in the near future.

Main Event was awesome, ending with a brutal elevated single leg crab with Edwards kicking the crap out of Severns head until the ref stopped it (as seen in EZ Moneys video he posted, which I'd suggest you take down really given that FCP recorded the show for the DVD. You're not really meant to record the whole thing yourself)

The 6 man tag, as mentioned above was a bit poor. Dave the Assassin who teamed with Spud is crap. Dan Ryder returned to tag with Chris Brookes, cut a half decent speech about how disrespectful Spud is, before turning on Brookes and beating him down. This brought out Blue Dragon and Fat Dragon, which led to a 6 man which never got past being 'ok'. Outside of Spud, you never got the impression anyone here was anything other than a trainee. Brookes, I know is a trainee. As is The Assassin, and Blue Dragon is young with plenty of room for growth. IT just came across really as a display of who they have in their camp, and a chance for them to have a match on a show. The local crowd who knows the guys outside the ring liked it, but for travelling and first time fans it came across as a 'come down' match, which was strange as it had a 15 minute intermission both before and after it.

Gresham vs Mastiff was a great display match, with Mastiff just being a huge nasty bastard for the majority of the match until Gresham was able to get an upper hand for a moment after using the cage door. This was mainly to show what a big bastard Dave can be, and it did it well.

Opening tag was the Hunters against Clint Margera and Mk McKinnan, and this was actually arguably the best night of the match (if you're not into the chop fest that Eddie and Trent had) Great display from all men, even Margera who is possibly the weak link of the 4 had a good outing, and it showed why everyone involved deserve to be seen outside of this company. If they had this match in IPW, or somewhere else with a bigger, more internet vocal crowd I think a lot of people would be excited about it.

Fantastic show overall, crowd was as hyped as ever (including some who broke the cage, which was a bit silly and some guy who got ejected before the second match and wasn't allowed back in because he was too drunk) ... just a great atmosphere all around, and their next show is May 18th, which I'll hopefully make it to, if Eddie is there it will be a must for McKinnan vs Edwards

The atmosphere really was something else and a unique selling point for the promotion. Very vocal and animated crowd, some even banging the fuck outta that cage (to the point where one lady got a bollocking after taking running kicks at it and that side had to be repaired) and it just created an absolutely molten atmosphere in all four matches, but it made the main event feel really big time as a lot of people went all out during that one.

My poor voice :( Fuckin love Eddie, he's had such incredible matches the last four times I've seen him live over the past year and a bit.

Archived