Who's an arsehole in real life?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
My daughter works for a very well known IT company at it's flagship store and so meets lots of celebs almost on a daily basis. Of the famous customers she has served of late, the ones that stand out include the lead singer of the Red Hot Chillies, Shane Ward and Bill Nighy the latter of whom was exceedingly nice apparently!

Cannot stand celebreties who are up themselves personally...

For myself I'd have to mention the actor David Threlfall (aka Frank in Shameless), the late writer (Dame) Beryl Bainbridge and the actor (Sir) Derek Jacobi. All three were lovely, charming people - and that's what they are at the end of the day, people!

That's quite surprising, I've heard he can be quite miserable. I hope not, I love that guy.

It's all completely based on when / where you meet someone though surely? The guy at my fish and chip shop probably thinks I'm a friendly, happy go lucky kind of guy because the only time I see him is on a Friday after work when it's time for the weekend and he's giving me chips. Conversely the guys at Virgin Media or my letting agency probably think I'm the biggest cunt on earth purely because I only call them to shout abuse at them when my internet is down or my shitty washing machine has died again.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My daughter works for a very well known IT company at it's flagship store and so meets lots of celebs almost on a daily basis. Of the famous customers she has served of late, the ones that stand out include the lead singer of the Red Hot Chillies, Shane Ward and Bill Nighy the latter of whom was exceedingly nice apparently!

Cannot stand celebreties who are up themselves personally...

For myself I'd have to mention the actor David Threlfall (aka Frank in Shameless), the late writer (Dame) Beryl Bainbridge and the actor (Sir) Derek Jacobi. All three were lovely, charming people - and that's what they are at the end of the day, people!

That's quite surprising, I've heard he can be quite miserable. I hope not, I love that guy.

It's all completely based on when / where you meet someone though surely? The guy at my fish and chip shop probably thinks I'm a friendly, happy go lucky kind of guy because the only time I see him is on a Friday after work when it's time for the weekend and he's giving me chips. Conversely the guys at Virgin Media or my letting agency probably think I'm the biggest cunt on earth purely because I only call them to shout abuse at them when my internet is down or my shitty washing machine has died again.

Actually, fair point. When my daughter is looking after customers at work they are there because they want to buy a product or have a problem they need her to help them with, so she's probably seeing the "nicer" side of them. It also probably helps that she is blond, pretty and with a degree in Psychology so she knows how people think. But sometimes they can still be complete a*******s whether they need her help or not.

Archived