Should WWE sign The Young Bucks?

Oliver

• Paid Members

Even if you like them on the indies, I can't understand how you'd think they'd work in WWE ("work" not as in "wrestle", but as in "not fail"). They wrestle a style that's proven not to get over in WWE - you have to slow stuff like that WAY down for a non-indy-conditioned audience to even follow it, let alone react to it. Thus, they'd have to spend ages in FCW completely re-learning what they do, taking away the thing that makes the unique in the first place, leaving WWE with two guys who look tiny next to everyone else and can only logically go out and get the shit beaten out of them.

They wouldn't be able to wrestle how they want, they'd have to spend ages in development before WWE would let them even use the words "Raw" or "Smackdown" in a sentence, WWE would hate them, they wouldn't get over and it'd be a gigantic waste of everybody's time. They're fine, and perfectly happy, where they are now doing what they currently do. Not everybody who gets over on the indies does so because they have the potential for something bigger - some people get over on the indies because they're a perfect fit for the indies.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with matches that are choreographed or planned out move for move as long as it does not look like it is done in that way.

As said hundreds of times before, a good match is a good match for the fans watching.

On one side, Randy Savage used to work out his matches move by move, from what I understand, and there is nothing wrong about being serious about your profession and perfecting your performance. He did not do the same match every night. He made dramatic wrestling matches with lots of excitement.

On the other side, Ric Flair used to call more of the match on the fly. Did that make him more professional than Randy Savage? No. He did more or less do the same match every night with the same keyspots. It was perfect when he travelled around to defend the World Championship in different areas as he could guarantee a good match against basically any opponent, building up to him being bodyslammed from the toprope, flip flopping in the corner followed by getting clotheslined on the apron and so on. If you watch 10 Ric Flair matches from the 1980s, he will use these bumps in 9 of them.

Randy Savage and Ric Flair are true legends of wrestling, and both were great workers with two different approaches of how to do wrestling matches.

• Paid Members
Loving your avatar/sig combo, brownie. My mate writes all the music for that series, I think it's awesome.

Tell him I applaud his work.

Roger and the Rottentrolls doesn't get anywhere near enough love. It was a superb show. I couldn't find a Nabb twins avatar though. They were a great Oasis parody.

As for Mongrels, the voice work is first class. Shame there is no third series.

• Paid Members

Have to side with the majority here and say no.

WWE don't care about Tag Teams and the Bucks are far too small to be singles wrestlers so what would be the point? They'd just end up like every other tag team that's debuted in the last few years: treated like a piss break before getting ignored completely and then released.

I'd rather WWE did something with the many people already on the roster that aren't remotely over than sign anymore people that simply won't make it.

other than the original poster this thread is brilliantly unanimous, they are clueless and awful and I am astounded they ever got a crack on TNA, let alone a chance on WWE

• Paid Members
other than the original poster this thread is brilliantly unanimous, they are clueless and awful and I am astounded they ever got a crack on TNA, let alone a chance on WWE

A Yes/No poll to accompany the debate (or lack of) would have been fantastic, wouldn't it?

The only thing that they're good at is being shit on all levels. "They're business exposingly terrible, piss offence, awful look, no grasp of psychology, and the worst facial expressions in the business" sums it up but I'll add they also come across as lads that still have baths together whilst their Mum scrubs them.

Absolutely, whilst arguing over why some teams have triangle corner flags

Maybe if they were given a developmental deal first and had their matches scripted for them (which is what would happen anyway.)

But they would have to be added to an existing tag division to pad it out. They are in no way ready to be the focus of a division for a long time. If WWE already had a handfull of experienced tage teams that could throw them about then I could see them getting over. The thought of a team like Road Warriors kicking the shit out of them makes me happy

• Paid Members

Lance Storm (quoting him twice in a week now!)

Q: I just read a comment from Matt Jackson of the Young Bucks/Generation Me talking about unprotected chair shots and saying back bumps are just as dangerous. He said that on back bumps the back of your head bounces off that canvas and compared it to a small car crash. So I'm asking your thoughts on this and how you would compare chair shots with back bumps in general.

A: I answered this on a radio show. The comment is absurd and if he said this he is either the world's dumbest human or the world's shittiest bumper, perhaps even both.

OH!

Lance Storm (quoting him twice in a week now!)

Q: I just read a comment from Matt Jackson of the Young Bucks/Generation Me talking about unprotected chair shots and saying back bumps are just as dangerous. He said that on back bumps the back of your head bounces off that canvas and compared it to a small car crash. So I'm asking your thoughts on this and how you would compare chair shots with back bumps in general.

A: I answered this on a radio show. The comment is absurd and if he said this he is either the world's dumbest human or the world's shittiest bumper, perhaps even both.

OH!

I fucking love Lance Storm :D

The first thing I thought as soon as I saw the "head bouncing off the canvas" bit was how shit of a bumper he must be if that's happening.

Archived