Raw Discussion 20/2/12 *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

I thought when Jericho got in the ring and he and Punk were looking across to each other the crowd seemed pretty into it...not rewatched it like so not 100% sure, but don't recall it being silence.

This is how i remember it too, despite what people on here want to believe, the crowd was into it.

Not seen the ending of the battle royal last night yet to comment on Raw though.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I thought Cena's promo got exactly the reaction they wanted. They usually boo him out the building. He forced the people to listen. Throwing them off was the desired reaction for a promo like that. They didnt want a sing along or try and get chants out of the people. They wanted a change of pace, and thats what they got. Its the first week of their 6 week build. That promo was for the people at home anyway, not the fans in the arena.

Yeah, it was a proper mixed reaction. Cena blew off a hot girl who fucked over his mate, that got the crowd more onside as that's the kind of thing young males like. WWE might just pull a proper mixed reaction out of the bag here. I know I'm Cena all the way, anyway.

• Paid Members

The crowd were dead for most of that Elimination Chamber match, but the Jericho and Punk staredown got a rotten reaction. Especially the way they were looking at each other. It reminded me of when TNA tried to do a Nash and Matt Morgan staredown in a battle royal and nobody was bothered. It was embarrassing how they were just looking at each other in their kickpads and haircuts, doing the Austin/Rock glance at each other. Even I didn't expect them to kill the crowds interest that quick. This is supposed to be the WWE title match as well. Someone's going to have to be added to that one, I reckon.

Add me to the list of people who loved the fuck out of Cena's promo. He can cut great promos but too often he plays goofy southern minister-Cena who makes speeches and it comes of pretty cringeworthy. That was excellent though even few could blame Rocky for completely leaving rather than end up crippled when he can earn so much in Hollywood. Wasn't too sure on Cena borrowing from Punk's playbook but overall loved it. I am officially hyped now.

The HIAC announcement got a literal exclamation from me and I hope it is restored to its former glory as a career-defining highlight and not an afterthought like it has been; hopefully we'll see some blood as its on PPV and exempt from PG rules.

I also like that Taker is a lot more human now and not so stoic and "playing Deadman", especially when it comes to talking. He's not as monotonous and was actually a character Trips could interact with which adds to the story they have going rather than simply "Taker's opponent is scared of Taker".

• Moderators

If Orton's fit he's got to go in there, as regards Jericho and Punk. I'd have him win as well, seeing as the draft's only a week after Wrestlemania. Move him over to Raw and give Sheamus a run as the lynchpin of Smackdown. The brand extension doesn't really matter anyway out of house shows, so there's no reason why they can't.

agree mainly with everyone else, Eve's acting was just about right to set up some funny one liners from Cena, but the way she turn't was a bit cringe.. talking about the weather and then putting down ryder after but all in all decent enough...

Undertaker/ Triple H segment was quality, was really hoping undertaker would pull down that hood when he started, he seemed to ramble a little bit but the intensity and promo went up 100% when Triple H came out, there is no one in the business that delivers an angry promo as good as Triple H everytime he gets angry in the ring, i honestly believe HHH is a fucking bad ass. HIAC was a nice add to the match and the first time in ages where its been used properly as a fued ender. Interested to see how HBK is going to fit into this match with all his expected raw appearances.

Diva's Match gave me an opportunity to put my porridge on this morning whilst watching raw... enough said

Good to see sheamus pick up a win against Henry (after thought again?) and the way bryan is acting at the moment with the right build up and execution this could be a dark horse match at mania... Bryan again fucking superb with his character, at summerslam 2010 you told me this guy was going to be Heavyweight Champion at WM28, I would have probably have laughed in your face so glad to see someone go beyond expectations.

The No.1 Battle Royal for the WWE title was a decent TV match, Very impressed with the big show the last 6 months has been putting in massive shifts for WWE and hope his match with Shaq goes ahead at mania. Poor Barrett but was he really going to do anything at mania (probably not). hopefully he'll use this injury sort his look, gimmick and general ring work out and improve. Glad to see Jericho win actually, always been a big fan of his stuff and i believe that a fued with CM Punk will be good! ...

CM Punk Vs Jericho has all the ingredients to be a very entertaining WRESTLING fued.. both worked alot of territories to get in the WWE so have a wealth of experience in the ring and both are proven good workers so in terms of the actual wrestling side of it all their match should be very sound and entertaining. both are incredibly good on the Mic and booth have charisma, I do however agree that Jericho needs to gain some serious heat to improve the match itself, as his return has been somewhat a let down and people just aren't interested.....

Last but not least Cena's promo in the 2nd hour was the best promo i've seen since the CM Punk one before money in the bank last year... I cannot stress how much respect i have for john cena for everything that he does for the company and for the fans, WM23 i absolutely hated the guy and couldn't believe he beat Shawn Michaels at WM... my typical young mark for HBK responce was typical cena no one can beat him he's rubbish shawn carried him yada yada yada... but in the last 5 years as i've become smarter in the sense of how wrestling works i've changed my opinion of his 100%. This guy deserves to be the No.1 guy in this company as he's the best in the company and works harder than anyone in the company, he has the ability to have great matches, he oozes charisma and his character is bulletproof. His promo skills are absolutely fantastic and 2 that stick out in my mind are last nights promo and the rap he did in response to the rock last year both were fantastic

The hardest decision as a Wrestling fan is am I part of Team Bring It or Team Cena? ....

Man,

I was blown away when they announced Hell In A Cell. This is going to a amazing spectacle live, a proper built HITC match (outdoors too!). Cena like everybody has already said was fantastic. I literally want to cheer the fuck out of Cena come Wrestlemania. The title matches this year are gonna be mid-card at best.

For a real end of an era, I would really dig some kind of TV-14 rating for Mania. It makes so much sense to do it, but somehow I can't see it happening.

Everybody is going to have to bring it at Mania, there are some real strong match-ups coming up for MOTN. The Rock has alot of work to do.

was a bit skeptical when the rumours of a third taker v triple match came about but slowly came around to the idea when it was set in motion 3 weeks ago but i sure as hell wasn't expecting them to go with a hell in the cell match to end things. considering both men's records in the match, it has the potential to be a classic. am i right in thinking that this will be the first hitc at mania since taker/bossman at 15?

i dug cena's promo on the rock but for me a lot of it came across as whiny and bitter about rock's success as a movie star. be interesting to hear what rock says next week. as for what side to pick on april 1st, i'm still team bring it all the way

Very interesting Raw. Yeah, HHH still walking out after Undertakers comment would have been cool but they had to pull the trigger sometime and Hell In A Cell is gonna be epic.

I'm hoping and praying we get double blood. Both men 'went off script' last year with the chair shot to the head and, even if Vince doesn't green light it, I can imagine both have enough money/clout that if they did bleed all over the place the repercussions would be minor at most.

After 4 and a half years they have finally let Eve show some personality. Sure, it was cheesey but her breakdown could [hopefully] be the start of a new character....unless she's kept off TV for a few weeks and then re-appears like nothing's happened, of course.

Anyone else notice the 'Funkasaurus Extinct' sign?

Cena's promo was great. Can't really say much more.

Shame Beth didn't come out and proclaim that there is no Diva as dominant as her, no-one left to beat etc. and then have Kharma return but, maybe next week.....

So, let's see - we've got HHH v Undertaker, Rock v Cena, Sheamus v D.Bryan, Punk v Jericho, Kharma v Beth [probably].....

Any ideas for other matches?

So, let's see - we've got HHH v Undertaker, Rock v Cena, Sheamus v D.Bryan, Punk v Jericho, Kharma v Beth [probably].....

MITB and some sort of multi man tag match for the sole GM position i'm guessing.

Hope Cody Rhodes gets a title defence on the card though i have to admit.

Very interesting Raw. Yeah, HHH still walking out after Undertakers comment would have been cool but they had to pull the trigger sometime and Hell In A Cell is gonna be epic.

I'm hoping and praying we get double blood. Both men 'went off script' last year with the chair shot to the head and, even if Vince doesn't green light it, I can imagine both have enough money/clout that if they did bleed all over the place the repercussions would be minor at most.

After 4 and a half years they have finally let Eve show some personality. Sure, it was cheesey but her breakdown could [hopefully] be the start of a new character....unless she's kept off TV for a few weeks and then re-appears like nothing's happened, of course.

Anyone else notice the 'Funkasaurus Extinct' sign?

Cena's promo was great. Can't really say much more.

Shame Beth didn't come out and proclaim that there is no Diva as dominant as her, no-one left to beat etc. and then have Kharma return but, maybe next week.....

Lauranitis W/Del Rio vs Long W/Orton

for General Manager of Raw and Smackdown?

MITB and some sort of multi man tag match for the sole GM position i'm guessing.

Hope Cody Rhodes gets a title defence on the card though i have to admit.

I was thinking, after Santino pinned him last night, that we might get Cody/Santino at Mania but there was no follow up to that last night.

I know there was talk of Cody/Goldust at one point but this has not been followed up on. It would have made sense, if they were gonna do it, to have Goldust appear during Cody's feud with Booker T, given his connection with both.

Apparently Shaquille O Neal has confirmed he will be competing at WrestleMania but refused to say who against.

If Orton's fit he's got to go in there, as regards Jericho and Punk. I'd have him win as well, seeing as the draft's only a week after Wrestlemania. Move him over to Raw and give Sheamus a run as the lynchpin of Smackdown. The brand extension doesn't really matter anyway out of house shows, so there's no reason why they can't.

I agree with this 100%. I'd even move The Miz to Smackdown too to try to build him up a bit more.

Also with the possible HitC match at Mania do people still reckon they'd do a MitB match? I'd personally like to see both but if they were only going with one gimmick match then it has to be HitC.

Archived