Raw 13th February Discussion

iamtheman

• Paid Members

You can't beat a WWE smooch. The Cena/Kane/Eve/Ryder storyline turned great last night no doubt. You got one of the worst acted out angles which might/might not lead to one of the biggest character developments in a long time. Thats not saying Cena embraces the hate because him just being tempted by it is quite a good angle too.

I wasn't a huge fan of the HHH/Michaels segment. I just don't really care about the match or this angle with these 3 which is probably just me. I do love the Undertaker doing a John Doe though.

I need the Rock. :angry:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole Kane/Eve/Cena/Ryder angle is what I liked to call good in theory but crap in practice. It doesn't help that all the acting is terrible. But it now has turned into its sooo bad its good. Eve and Cena's kiss was pure cringetastic. I had my head in my hands. I wonder what Mrs Cena thought? However, the funniest thing I seen in ages happened in this raw, when Eve just randomly walked into the ambulance. Did anybody else find it highly amusing?

The whole Kane/Eve/Cena/Ryder angle is what I liked to call good in theory but crap in practice. It doesn't help that all the acting is terrible. But it now has turned into its sooo bad its good. Eve and Cena's kiss was pure cringetastic. I had my head in my hands. I wonder what Mrs Cena thought? However, the funniest thing I seen in ages happened in this raw, when Eve just randomly walked into the ambulance. Did anybody else find it highly amusing?

Still real to you right?

PWInsider.com is reporting that while neither were used on television last night, both Rey Mysterio and Alberto Del Rio were backstage at Raw last night.

As we have been reporting, Del Rio did appear at WWE house show events this past weekend, however he did not wrestle as he is still not at 100%. This is likely the reason why he was kept off TV last night.

As for Mysterio, the last update provided on him indicated that he hopes to be ready to return to the ring in time for WrestleMania 28.

• Paid Members

I bet dozens of midcarders look at Rey being back and think "thats me off WrestleMania then". Kane, Cody Rhodes, Brodus and a few others probably think "FUCK!"

Deservingly so, though. You need Rey Mysterio at Mania. He usually provides that decent bit of action in the middle. Also, he'll probably be dressed as another superhero which will sell a shitload of figures when they release them in the Summer. Rey's not daft. The more costumes you wear, the more figures you sell.

I bet dozens of midcarders look at Rey being back and think "thats me off WrestleMania then". Kane, Cody Rhodes, Brodus and a few others probably think "FUCK!"

Deservingly so, though. You need Rey Mysterio at Mania. He usually provides that decent bit of action in the middle. Also, he'll probably be dressed as another superhero which will sell a shitload of figures when they release them in the Summer. Rey's not daft. The more costumes you wear, the more figures you sell.

Missed Rey Mysterio, his consistency is amazing when it comes to delivering in the ring. Mysterio has wrestled in numerous superhero inspired costumes in his career, hoping it's something related to The Dark Knight Rises this time around.

Missed Rey Mysterio, his consistency is amazing when it comes to delivering in the ring. Mysterio has wrestled in numerous superhero inspired costumes in his career, hoping it's something related to The Dark Knight Rises this time around.

I hope he dresses as Superted

Half the time, they can't sell figures of his WrestleMania ones though, for copyright or "he's dressed up as a character with a Chelsea smile played by a dead smackhead" reasons.

• Paid Members

He doesnt starve, though. I would be surprised if anyone touches him as far as figures released. Even WCW used to have a load of Rey Mysterio out and WCW werent half as on the ball as far as marketing went. I dont even collect them, but I have a Rey Mysterio figure with an expandable neck so The Giant can chokeslam him. Even I put money in his pocket, and I cant even remember where or when I got it.

Yeah, he's officially had more figures made of him than any other wrestler. They always sell, as well. They make loads of John Cenas as well but if you go into a Smyths toy shop, you'll see millions of Cenas just sitting there. The most plain one is this:

john-cena-wwe-ppv11.jpg

From when he took all his armbands off after Wade Barrett fired him. They've got fucking hundreds of them on the shelves still.

• Paid Members

Cena's an odd one. He has the same problem Hogan had when I was a kid. If you see a Hulk Hogan figure, you've seen them all really. The logo on the shirt might be different, but there isnt really much difference between these two:

WWFHS1-001L.JPGHulk3.jpg

Where as you wouldnt exactly complain if you had 3 or 4 Ultimate Warrior's, because he always had a different look. Surely if you have the jeans and the trainers, you dont need much else. For that reason along, they should bring back Bend 'Em's and Maximum Sweat figures!

Archived