WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Hender

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I forgot this was on tonight, never a good sign. I don't think there's anything on the card I'm hugely arsed about. The Raw chamber match is a super boring one for me. Are they going to have to go mad with the SPECIAL BONUS MATCHES tonight? They're going to have to with only 4 matches announced, and one of those is Beth The Jaw vs Oddface Snuka so it's 3 and a half matches announced really. I'd not be surprised to perhaps see Sheamus twatting Jinder Mahal (again), and Jack Swagger boring me senseless against someone. So yeah, not too excited about it.

I wish Ryder could make an appearance and cost Cena the match but it's probably too soon.

Ryder was still hosting this weeks Z!TLIS, albeit laying in bed, so not out of the relms of possibility - though I agree if you mean too soon in terms of storyline progression.

Both really. It's not like he can do much at the moment, plus I don't want the potential rushed and ruined.

How can Cena NOT loose tonight. Cena needs to start a big fued with the rock to sell this match as much as possible. Its billed at one of the biggest matches ever which means the build up has to be better or on par as The Rock Vs Austin at WM X7 build up.

But this the WWE they pushed Jericho to win the rumble yet Sheamus won it so god knows. It seems a bit straight forward to Wrestlemania most likely it will be Jericho Vs CM Punk for the WWE Title at WM and Sheamus Vs Big Show/Wade Barrett or D Bryan. Hope WWE prove me wrong.

• Paid Members

I'd forgotten this was on tonight. They have made a right dog's dinner of the build-up. The Raw Chamber match looks like it should be for the US Title or something, it stinks of midcard. The SmackDown Chamber was looking much better, but with no Henry and now no Orton, it looks as bad as the Raw one. Sheamus is all over the posters and he's not even got a match. He'll be on the show to pad out the card, but there's no reason to care.

By now the Funkasaurus should be into his first feud and having a PPV match, just to add a bit of variety to the card.

It's the last PPV stop before Mania and it could hardly look any worse on paper. The only thing I'm bothered about is Johnny Ace's "huge announcement" regarding HHH and HBK.

Thank fuck this isn't on Sky Box Office, no way I was going to pay for it. It's a shame, because I want to be excited throughout WrestleMania season, but it's been a stuttering start to say the least so far.

Out of interest what is everyone's favourite EC match? Planning on doing a little rewatch today.

It's difficult to argue with the first one, it was a brilliant end to a brilliant PPV. Other than that, there was one recently (last year?) that ended with Edge winning after beating Mysterio last. That was brilliant. The Smackdown ones have generally been the better match in the past few years as far as I can remember.

But this the WWE they pushed Jericho to win the rumble

Did they?

• Paid Members

Part of me really likes the way Elimination Chamber can really shake up and make the WrestleMania picture appear so different. It feels like there could be a few cases of this tonight. Its really difficult to call the World title match for WrestleMania at the moment. It feels currently like it should lead to some multi-man match but, you'd imagine Sheamus would be going for the World title so that totally dilutes his Rumble win. But you can't see him going for the WWE title yet, Jericho challenging for it just seems rubbish and completely un-WrestleMania worthy.

I like Sheamus and everything but, his Rumble win and title shot is such an afterthought. I would really, REALLY like to see WrestleManias World title match be a multi-man between Daniel Bryan, Big Show, Orton and Menry. It would be the perfect pay-off to all their issues and be the result of months and months of crossover issues and a great scenario for Daniel Bryans current act to be caught up in on the big one. That and i feel they all deserve it after their efforts of the past year.

The Sheamus and Shaq situations throwing a spanner in the works of it all upsets me somewhat. I'd actually rather Sheamus lost his shot through some shenanigans or Teddy Long madness or something and gave him a bit of a reason to go on a bit of a rampage rather than being the happy ginger irish lad, who just wins every time and that's it.

Best Chambers... Triple H vs Edge vs Benoit vs Jericho vs Orton vs Batista with Michaels as ref was absolutely magnificent. Great match, great story, height of a brilliant feud, great angles and matches going in. Good times.

Out of interest what is everyone's favourite EC match? Planning on doing a little rewatch today.

It's difficult to argue with the first one, it was a brilliant end to a brilliant PPV. Other than that, there was one recently (last year?) that ended with Edge winning after beating Mysterio last. That was brilliant. The Smackdown ones have generally been the better match in the past few years as far as I can remember.

Did they?

Well kinda he was the only one who was actually believed to win the rumble.

Did they?

Well kinda he was the only one who was actually believed to win the rumble.

By who? I can't remember anyone on WWE TV saying that Jericho will win the Rumble.

Archived