Aston Villa 3 - Brisbane Roar 1

Villa:

Falcao x2

Ezequiel Lavezzi

Brisbane:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

I'll be online in a few mins.

I played woeful again. Good game mate.

Could myself and wmxxx have an extension to Thursday to play our game? We tried to play it tonight but for some reason my Brisbane had reset to its original players and I didnt have time to transfer everyone over again.

Aston Villa 2 - 3 Torquay

A last minute winner gained a long awaited and perhaps deserved three points for The Gulls. After the original game was abandoned early on, Torquay scored in their first attack from the kickoff when the ball was worked down the left and Ashley Coles pinpoint cross was headed in by Giampaolo Pazzini. Villa equalised ten minutes later when the ball was crossed into the box and Falcao got goal-side of his marker and scored with a delightful diving header. Pazzini had a decent chance a bit later whilst Villa were attacking but just couldn't find the right ball in the final third. Torquay took the lead in first half injury time when the ball was played into Pazzini in the box and he had time and space to curl the ball into the far corner.

The home fans didn't have to wait too long after a break for an for an equaliser. A Villa attacker knocked the ball past Chiellini in the box and though it looked like the ball was harmlessly rolling out the Italian had left his leg out causing the Villa player to tumble over it and giving the ref no option but to award the penalty, it was a clumsly mistake by Chiellini. Wesley Sneijder stepped up and sent the 'keeper the wrong way to make it 2-2. Whilst home fans were expecting Villa to push for a winner it was Torquay who were the better team for most of the half, with Joe Hart and the Villa defenders were the heroes several times. Just when it looked like the game was heading for a draw, Torquay grabbed a winner with just a minute remaining. Theo Walcott, who was borderline offside, received a through ball on the edge of the box but his effort was parried away by Hart, unfortunately the ball bounced out to Pazzini, who was just about to be subbed, on the edge of the box and the Italian completed his hat trick when he did well to put the ball into the empty net just before a Villa defender got to him. With just a minute of injury time Torquay almost scored on a counter but luckily for them the ref blew the whistle before Villa could go on a proper counter of their own and The Gulls thankfully grabbed all three points against a spirited Villa side who have done well in their last few games.

Aston Villa scorers: Falcao (12'), Sneijder (pen 52')

Torquay scorer: Pazzini (2', 45', 89')

Just for the record, Torquay's game against Bohemians had to be abandoned in first half injury time due to a frozen pitch at the Irish team's ground. Bohemians were 1-0 up and the second half will be played at a later date.

Could myself and wmxxx have an extension to Thursday to play our game? We tried to play it tonight but for some reason my Brisbane had reset to its original players and I didnt have time to transfer everyone over again.

Yeah, that's fine.

Week 11 (Monday 9th April -> Sunday 15th April)

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Bohemians v Norwich

Everton v Arsenal

Man Utd v Brisbane

Middlesbrough v Fiorentina

Wolves 4 v 1 Torquay

Bohemians v Man Utd

Brisbane 1 v 3 Aston Villa

Everton 1 v 0 Wolves

Fiorentina v Arsenal

Norwich 2 v 1 Middlesbrough

Torquay v Liverpool

Week 10 remainders:

Liverpool v Fiorentina

Arsenal v Man Utd

Aston Villa v Norwich

Fiorentina v Torquay

Liverpool v Brisbane

Week 9 remainders (last week for these):

Arsenal v Liverpool

Fiorentina v Aston Villa

Norwich v Man Utd

Bohemians v Torquay

Man Utd v Fiorentina

Norwich v Arsenal

Week 8 remainders (Thursday extension):

Brisbane v Bohemians

Notes:

The table has been updated and is on the first post.

With Liverpool on holiday and unable to get the points needed to perhaps claim their title, Man Utd have closed the gap slightly but do drop third with Wolves moving up to second after a mixed week, though United do have five games in hand on blackcountrywwfc's side and so look to be favourites for second place. Arsenal stay fourth and Brisbane stay fifth after a bad week but only on goal difference after Norwich have creeped up behind them. It's still tight down at the bottom, with several teams still in reach of a top five finish if they string some results together, as shown by Norwich. Middlesbrough have had a great couple of weeks but are still bottom of the table thanks to Giampaolo Pazzini's late winner for Torquay against Villa which has created a two point gap between The Gulls and Boro, with Torquay having a game in hand (though one of those they're currently losing at half time and they still have to play Liverpool again).

In notable fixtures this week, Brisbane have a chance to make up for lost points as they face Man Utd, who'll be looking to get back up to second. Bohemians face Norwich in a match which could decide who challenges stunstone for fifth. Both Torquay and Middlesbrough face Fiorentina this week as both look to avoid finishing bottom. At the moment I've put Norwich/Everton from week 8 down as a draw as it wasn't played in time but if they want to play it that's fine. I haven't seen a final score from the Villa/Bohemians game but as I was waiting for wmxxx I saw that near the end of the game Villa were winning 2-1 so I presume for now that that's how it finished.

• Paid Members

Liverpool,Norwich,United,Everton & Fiorentina i will be around tonight after 6 if anyone is going to be on?

I know Everton and Liverpool tried to get in contact with me but i was busy sorry.

Sorry yes, it finished:

Aston Villa 2 - Bohemians 1

Villa:

B. Schweinsteiger 51'

E. Lavezzi 78'

Bohemians:

Ganso 4'

Tough game, chances were few and far between for the most part, Bohemians were very tough to break down defensively. After Lavezzi scored to take Villa 1 goal ahead, Bohemians piled on the pressure, and with some stumbling in the box, very nearly got a late equaliser. It was not to be though as Villa clear their lines and then held the ball for the last remaining seconds.

Archived